Here's another recent paint.

It still goes along with the Reign of Winter AP theme, though I don't know if the Adventure Path has a Polar Bear or not.

This figure represents an example of "It looked better in my head."

I tried following some pictures of polar bears on the web: It seems some are very yellowed (not necessarily in the shadows), and some are very white.

So, I started with a base of 50/50 Golden Blonde/Linen White, and successively lightened it up to white, and left the darker color in the shadows.

I thought the fur quality on this BONES sculpt is very good, so it lent itself well to a mix of drybrushing and picking out individual strands with the brush.

I tried something different for the snow on the base, just some puddles of white glue that I then painted with Ghost White and Pure White.

C&C Welcomed.

5a6a4b8a2ac53_PolarBear1.thumb.jpg.f97a519e0fc27aae0ee8059b39522775.jpg5a6a4b8b1d2cc_PolarBear2.thumb.jpg.e198b614193450e813487f5200f303fe.jpg5a6a4b8bbb147_PolarBear3.thumb.jpg.cb63a71ad3b87c635dd64784ba93a722.jpg5a6a4b8caf348_PolarBear4.thumb.jpg.028247392e051d58f5f84821facbd741.jpg

• Like 20

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JGroeling
      Recently finished this for @Kangaroorex had a lot of fun playing with the spring theme and a monster. Also first time I've tried to build a flower (wire with paper wrapping for leaves, heavier paper for flower itself, and magicsculpt for some of the other details).

Mama Werecroc with baby Croc, watering a swampflower. 

• By Inarah
      I took the dragon challenge last year and chose this figure. Midway into the painting my vision changed entirely.  I still used the 3 chosen colors, but in a different way.  Very happy with how it came out.  Found the perfect base in my Bag of Crap, too. 

Sorry, camera lighting is not good.  He is not so muddy looking in person. 

• By Othikent
      My first post here, Been lurking for a bit and decided it was time to share some of my work. So here's my latest completed project.

I'd love to hear what people think. If you're interested I have more detailed shots Here
    • By Inarah
      I grabbed this guy out of the bag of Bones and couldn't tell what it was without my glasses.  All I could tell was that it was a big muscley guy, and I thought it would make a good earth golem to go with the stone golem I was painting.  So I put primer on it, and was a little surprised when I put on my glasses to paint it.  Whatever.  A little flock covered all the obvious scars and stitches. I'm very happy with it.

• By Inarah
      Starting to get into the slush pile of random fantasy monsters from KS1. 

• Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)