Here's another recent paint.

It still goes along with the Reign of Winter AP theme, though I don't know if the Adventure Path has a Polar Bear or not.

This figure represents an example of "It looked better in my head."

I tried following some pictures of polar bears on the web: It seems some are very yellowed (not necessarily in the shadows), and some are very white.

So, I started with a base of 50/50 Golden Blonde/Linen White, and successively lightened it up to white, and left the darker color in the shadows.

I thought the fur quality on this BONES sculpt is very good, so it lent itself well to a mix of drybrushing and picking out individual strands with the brush.

I tried something different for the snow on the base, just some puddles of white glue that I then painted with Ghost White and Pure White.

C&C Welcomed.

5a6a4b8a2ac53_PolarBear1.thumb.jpg.f97a519e0fc27aae0ee8059b39522775.jpg5a6a4b8b1d2cc_PolarBear2.thumb.jpg.e198b614193450e813487f5200f303fe.jpg5a6a4b8bbb147_PolarBear3.thumb.jpg.cb63a71ad3b87c635dd64784ba93a722.jpg5a6a4b8caf348_PolarBear4.thumb.jpg.028247392e051d58f5f84821facbd741.jpg

• Like 21

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By RachelVentura
      Ends 12/17/18!
      Legendary Games makes a massive mythic rules upgrade with the amazing Mythic Character Codex & Mythic Monster Manual II for Pathfinder!

Mythic Mania II encompasses two books, and incorporates mythic material for hardbacks like the Advanced Class Guide, Forest Kingdom Campaign Compendium, Horror Adventures, Occult Adventures, Ultimate Intrigue, and Ultimate Wilderness, as well as potentially adding in more material from the Adventurer’s Guide, Monster Codex, Planar Adventures, Villain Codex, Book of the Damned, Pirate Campaign Compendium, and more!

Mythic Character Codex – Three new mythic paths - the bound, mystic, and reluctant hero - along with over a thousand new mythic path abilities, hybrid class features, feats, spells, magic items, and more!

Mythic Monster Manual II – Over 200 mythic monsters… and maybe a whole lot more! Plus appendices and bonus content!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/legendarygames/mythic-mania-2-two-new-mythic-rulebooks-for-pathfi?ref=bwj5wz

• By Vega
      Can't seem to find these guys.  It says they're from Bones 3.

• By Lidless Eye
      Last up in my recently finished miniatures are a set of Animal-Folk from Reaper, all part of Bones 3.  I believe some are Lyncanthropes and some from the Savage Avatars sets.

The pack:

The Gorilla King, with hat:

And without:

The Were-Gorilla:

Werebear don't care:

A rather standard Werewolf:

Wereboar gotta go fast:

And a Water-Buffalo-Man.  I realized I painted him after a Yak, then remembered that's not the animal he was meant to be.

• By Darcstaar
      This was my entry for the Quarterly Bones Reaper Fan Facebook Painting Contest.
      The Angel of Shadow.  She was good enough for an Honorable Mention (Thanks Reaper Matt)!
      For the prior contest, I liked how people were getting interesting light effects by using a black backdrop, so I tried that.
      Another reason I wanted to do it was to see if I could put her on a standard gaming base, supported by a rod painted black to fade into the backdrop, to give her a good illusion of flying.
      Also, this was my first attempt at Monochrome.  My final idea was to do a weapon swap to a wand (A cross-looking weapon from the BONES 3 Weapon Sprue), and sculpted my take on Acid Arrow, painting it green as the only color on the model, like those stunning black and white photos with colored flowers, etc.  I would say I'm a much better painter than sculptor

Her paints used

As time wore down, I had to abandon thoughts of OSL, so I made it seem like her lantern had died out and the spell didn't cast much light.

Here are some other photos against an out-of-focus rug to show some tighter details.
      I tried to put some texture into the fabric of her dress, which was another first.

C&C Welcome!

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)