elussya

True/complete Tiamat conversion of Ma'al Drakar

Looks fantastic! Excellent job on modifying the heads--very detailed (and brilliantly spooky) interpretation of the Dragon Queen.

Did you by any chance take photos along the way? I'd love to see the progress over time :)

-E.E. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EldritchEladrin said:

Looks fantastic! Excellent job on modifying the heads--very detailed (and brilliantly spooky) interpretation of the Dragon Queen.

Did you by any chance take photos along the way? I'd love to see the progress over time :)

-E.E. 

sadly didn't think to until she was done

:-(

got in a sculpting mood last Wednesday and knocked the sculpting out in a 8 hour run.

:-/

would be happy to help someone doing a conversion though.

if I end up selling her - the next one will be photo logged. 

Although I love this picture :-)FB_IMG_1516933639322.thumb.jpg.e53a9ffc3ccab5af567ec702bd580464.jpg

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, elussya said:

sadly didn't think to until she was done

:-(

got in a sculpting mood last Wednesday and knocked the sculpting out in a 8 hour run.

:-/

would be happy to help someone doing a conversion though.

if I end up selling her - the next one will be photo logged. 

(8 hours?!? Wow, I applaud you!)

Fair enough! Well, if you end up sculpting a second, I'll for sure take a look.

I've been considering a Tiamat conversion using the Reaper "Hydra" mini. Haven't gotten around to it yet, though.

• Thanks 1

Thanks EldritchEladrin :-)

I'm a fairly decent sculpter when in the mood :-)

Usually prefer digital sculpting now (undo rocks- although it is a bit more tedious), but sometimes get the whim to get my hands dirty still :-)

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By peepster1976
      WiP, my vastaryous dragon from the Sword&Sorcery board game. Based on the big reaper bones 3 dragon on this forum.... Tail needs to become a bit darker... But happy with the color tones in the different heads and necks. 
      C&C more than welcome... 
      Grtzz

• By Nightwing
      This was another ina large collection of oldies that my high school friends gave me. Trying to make the scales look like garnets or rubies. Please critique!

• By dmpv01
      Malifaux: Ten Thunders Shadow Emissary painted as a blue dragon

• By Generic Fighter
      The time has come. The stars are right. The planets align. GenCon is nearly upon us. And so the great Iymrith rises upon the Mountain peak.

As Eldritch Lingtning ignites the cloudy skies and strikes the very Mountain Peak around her!

She prepares for her journey to the great Gladiator Pits in a distant place known only as Indy. Where bands of skilled and Mighty warriors shall fight for her amusement, in the faint hopes to win her favor. She hopes not to be dissappointed, yet again.

-----
      Whew. This took me so very far out of my comfort zone! A real Trophy Style Base, LED Lighting Effects, Using Pine Bark Chips, Scraping off most of the Yellow Clear "Paint" I put on the Bolts, ect. BUT, she is done! And She Looks FREAKING AMAZING! Now to just put the finishing touches on the last couple prizes, and I'm done with this project!

Anywho, Let me know what you think of her. Please tell me You like her and think I did a good job and that I did not just waste about a month on this for nothing.

GF
    • By Kangaroorex
      Pretty late in the mini to start a WIP but I could use some thoughts and suggestions, in particular in the area of contrast.  I am looking to bring up the contrast on the scales but I don't want to shift to an orange or pink.  The skin shows a decent contrast but to my eye it's more orange than red at this point.  I love the different shading going on for each scale type but I want more from the upper body scales without going into orange and yellow.

My challenge to myself this year is to gel my reds to be red.  It's not an easy color to work with and a lot of these paints are either transparent or chalk when thinned.  It has been a long road to get this far but I want a richer color.

Thoughts would be welcomed along with critique.  Pictures were snapped off my work bench but I will shoot for better ones this weekend.  In the meantime...

the photos are raw and taken without flash to try and show the pieces in the most natural light

The body.  Trying for three textures plus the crest.  The heavy armored back scales are under layered with corpreal shadow to make them stand out, then shaded from a dark purple red to blood red.  The body scales are undershaded with brick red and shaded up to a highlight of Phoenix red.  The body skin on the arms starts at Gore red and shaded up to a lantern yellow.  Problem is with the body.  I would like more highlight but whatever I try changes the tone to either orange or pink. 

The head: still a work in progress.  Needing to clean up the horns and again highlight without going to the orange or pink

Upper side of wing.  Looking pretty good although a set of missed mold lines is making me repaint the horns

Wing underside.  Subdued and darker as this part is solidly cast in shadow and the horns are in the process of being repainted... again

So thanks again for anyone who would like to help out.
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)