7 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

I'm pretty sure the label on my bottle for 09036 says "Pale Olive".

I'm guessing they renamed the color at some point and didn't make a new image.  The image for the triad (Olive Greens (09712) claims the color is named "Pale Olive".

Thank you! I didn't think to look up the triad. I know there are a couple of other paints with the same problem but I think I know which names are correct.

I set up and have now filled out 20 actual pages, not goblin 20's, of the book! I've still got about 20 actual to go. I am skipping liners, additives, and inks so far. This means I've filled out the names of 180 of the paints available in the store. I'm going to have to set up a few pages for special edition paints and paints from other companies. I've also been primer-ing pages a couple at a time, with a total of 4 finished to that point. Those pages just need the liners and then they will be completely set up. I also realized I can use this as sort of a wish list. If I want paint and Husband wants to surprise me with some he can just flip through the book and find what's not filled in and ta-da! brand new paints that aren't double...triple...quadruples...and in one case quintuple copies of that paint.

• Like 1

26 pages filled out completely and that covers the core MSP paints minus additives, liners, inks, and washes. I'll probably use a different book with different paper for the inks and washes because I don't think they'd work well for the paper that I have currently.

• Like 4

10 pages have been primed and set up. It's time to start putting paint to paper. That'll have to wait until tonight though.

• Like 3

I realized I never posted the specs of the notebook. It is a 7" x 10" sketchbook. I don't know what kind of paper it has but it seems slightly thicker than standard printer paper but not like watercolor paper or anything. For the grid the first column is roughly 1 1/2 inches wide and 1 inch tall. Each of the other columns are about 1 inch wide. The rows are all 1 inch tall giving me 10 rows obviously. The measurements are what I tried to stick to. Some of the squares are a little wonky but that's mostly because I can't hold a ruler straight. 

I've now got primer on all 26 pages and labeled the colors by color group (red, blue, green, etc.) I just need to put the brown and blue liners on the remaining 16 pages. Then I will start actually putting paint into the book. I think I've figured out my ratios for how thin I want my paint to be for each step but I might play around with it a little more before starting.

• Like 5

I need to organize my paints by SKU now. Probably only a couple of pages at a time and then back to my random somewhat coherent, to me, organizing system. I think I will be able to put some paint to paper tonight though since I know where, at least, the first 2 pages of paints that I own are currently.

• Like 3

Have not organized paints yet as I've been trying to finish up a few projects. I've also misplaced the brush that I've been using for everything in the book so I'd have consistency. So I either need to find the brush or one similar enough to use. So it's on pause until further notice.

Found my brush! Here's the first page. (Only going to post a couple pages so this doesn't turn into me showing off my paint collection.) 

ETA: At least I won't do it unless requested. Or if I have certain color(s) you might want to see I can do those upon request.

0225181313.thumb.jpg.f1640050f12ec1954e1bf2717c9fb6ae.jpg

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 5

Second page, and its full!

0225181350.thumb.jpg.f737c794c57b7b481f09c26d2f32c863.jpg

Some of my paints are thicker (see sky blue). I don't know if this is due to how long I've had some of them sitting without shaking, if they needed more shaking, or if they need some water added to them. No matter what the issue is I'm using them straight out of the bottle for the first column which may effect it slightly. I may also need a clean palette/cleaner water for this, some of the washes came out a slightly odder color than I'd anticipated (see pale green). 

For the base I'm using 3 drops of paint to 2 drops of water and flow aid mix that I made up. For washes I'm using 3 drops of paint to 5 drops water/flow aid mix. The brown liner has been thinned 5:2 and blue liner 5:3 (liner to water/flow aid mix).

Not really sure what else I need to put here. If you've got any questions I can try to answer them to the best of my abilities. 

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 9

This is awesome!!! Thanks again for linking this to me. It's much more in depth than what I had planned for my little album; so full of different details! ^_^ 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Morihalda said:

This is awesome!!! Thanks again for linking this to me. It's much more in depth than what I had planned for my little album; so full of different details! ^_^ 

No problem! ::):

• Like 1