Glitterwolf

Clan Wars Naga Champion by Glitterwolf

Just because your an Anthropomorphic Lizard  doesn't mean you can't be a snappy dresser as well.  The Lizard Dude is a FANTASTIC creation.

The color choices & brushwork, particularly the flower pattern freehand,  are OUTSTANDING...he looks right at home in his BEAUTIFUL setting. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 2

Okay. The first thing I though when I saw him was: "I will now" ... *cough* ... "I will ..." ... *cough* ... "Sorry. Frog in my throat." I really love that picture ...

Great work as always, Glitter!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, malefactus said:

Just because your an Anthropomorphic Lizard  doesn't mean you can't be a snappy dresser as well.  The Lizard Dude is a FANTASTIC creation.

The color choices & brushwork, particularly the flower pattern freehand,  are OUTSTANDING...he looks right at home in his BEAUTIFUL setting. VERY WELL DONE!

Thx Al !

Your support means a lot to me!

34 minutes ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Okay. The first thing I though when I saw him was: "I will now" ... *cough* ... "I will ..." ... *cough* ... "Sorry. Frog in my throat." I really love that picture ...

Great work as always, Glitter!

Thank you!

Your comments motivate me to paint  more!

13 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Awesome, good job.

I'm sure I used to date her though

Thank you!

Oh boy, I hope that did end well!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Awesome work!!

Nice to see it with a great paint job after all these years.

Thank you !
And thanks again for sending it.

It is a welcome addition to the Jungle.

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Absolutely love the colour of the scales...  And those are some absolutely AWESOME pants!

Thx, I wanted to keep the Asian/Samurai vibe on this, I guess the flowers work.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Gargs said:

Excellent work as always!

Thank you!

I'm happy you're following this.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Limey72 said:

Very cool indeed

9 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Great job!

Just now, vegascat said:

He looks awesome, keep it up!

Thank you all for the nice comments!

It was fun to paint.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pochi
      The Bones Giant Cobra. I saw a lot of neat ones painted with stripes and different patterns but decided to go simple with mine. I did drybrush highlights with some bronze and copper to give him a little shimmer and he looks really good on the table. My players are worried because they fought a giant snake last session (I didn't have him painted) so they are worried there is another one coming. You never know!

• By Glitterwolf
      This is Reaper's 14388 Blackfreef Pirate from their Warlord range.

He is part of my Lost World Project, there he is Toni the First Mate of the Swordfish.
      WIP here:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/&page=139

• By Mocha
      Hi folks, 

It's been awhile since I posted, and since I've been painting online with friends a lot more, I figured it was time to get back to it! Painted this one via Twitch livestream the other night when someone in chat suggested a freehand pattern similar to a marsh frog (to go with the "bog" theme). While I can't take credit for the idea, we took the concept and ran with it-- I think the freehand really makes him stand out! Below is a frog stock photo I pulled for general reference.

The hardest part was picking a random pattern to draw on the wings and mirroring it on the other side. Oh, and trying not to make him look too cute, with big, cartoony googly eyes, though the sculpt is stinkin' adorable, I just can't stand it! Thanks Bob Ridolfi for creating yet another Reaper sculpt that makes me smile 

I can't decide whether I want to break up the beautiful matte paint finish (all Reaper MSP colors) with a gloss varnish on the egg-like-sac-protuberances on his back... part of me wants to keep it all matte, but another part of me wants it to look extra gross and slimy. Thoughts?

I appreciate you taking a peek! Hope you have a great day 

Thanks,
      Mocha 

• By NyarlaBcn
      Here my Mudcroack. Love the mini. Recently we have been playing the Tomb of Annihilation D&D campaign, based on the jungles of Chult, and we found many of these adorable frogmen creatures, Grungs. That motivated me to start working with Mudcroack despite having almost all the new GW goblins waiting.
      Well, frogs are usually green, jungles too, and it was all kinda repetitive; so I decided to use as little green as possible.
      For the basing I chose a resin scenic base that I adapted, and the "barbed bracken" plants from GW. 
      Any feedback welcome, and if you want, please follow me on instagram at @albertnyarla 

• By Glitterwolf
      I have created a little diorama / terrain piece to go with my Lost World Project.

WIP here:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81223-welcome-to-the-jungle-by-glitterwolf/

I used the base of Kaladrax Bones, now OOP to create some Aztec style ruins.
      The smaller Aztec ruin pieces are from Greenstuffworld.

For the creatures in the murky river I used the Moray Eel of Reaper's  02948: Familiar Pack VII, sculpted a lungfish and some Trilobites myself ( almost invisible in the murky water as they should be.) and I sculpted a second eel.
      And a Bones Centipede 77427: Dungeon Vermin - Centipede .

The Plantlife are the Plant Dragon and the Deathstar Lilies from Bones
      77505: Dragon Plant  and 77504: Death Star Lilies .

The Triceratops cadaver is a plastic Triceratops skeleton which I fleshed out with putty.
      The little feathered raptors are Ral Partha Velocirapors and I used putty to give them feathers.

There is a juvenile Barchiosaurus in the back he's from a Paint and Play set from Wild Republic.
      The Flying Creature is an OOP Metal Terradon from Games Workshop.

The Giant Centipede is from Safari Toob Animals which I repainted.

Thanks to @knarthex for providing me with flock, @strawhat for sending me the Toob Animals from which the Giant Centipede is now used, @TaleSpinner for his advice on sculpting feathers, I'm not superb good at it but I think it worked.
      @SisterMaryNapalm and @malefactus for their ongoing support and tips.

Enjoy:

• Who's Online   59 Members, 4 Anonymous, 97 Guests (See full list)