Sign in to follow this  
buckyball

WIP glowing orb

Here is a figure I am working on for an ongoing D&D campaign.

wiptel.jpg.66d7cb36e216724576bee9c6fc3f90a5.jpg

He has this glowing ball thing.

buckyball

• Like 9

Mithril Miniature/Prince August have a certain charm to them. The Wizard & the glowing orb have potential. Enjoy the process!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dks
      I speed-painted this figure when I was at Reaper HQ two months ago.  You can see a 12-minute video of that (at roughly 8x speed) on Reaper's YouTube channel (link to video).
      Back at my home studio, I spent several hours improving the 2-hour paint job.  I made a thread about it in the Works in Progress subforum: link to thread.
      And here is the result.

Enjoy!
      Derek

• By Geoff Davis
      03880: Phineas Greybone, Necromancer sculpted by Tre Manor

Overall I'm really happy with how the light effects worked out.  This was a really difficult miniature to photograph.  The main challenges painting him were the glowing skull and the very irregular base.  I tired to make the skull stand out by making very deep purple shadows around it.  I used red, orange and white glazes and appear to glow, but without making it look too orange.  Making the base look dark enough was very difficult because it has a very irregular surface and every jagged edge catches the real light and makes it look brighter than I want it to in comparison to the shadow areas on the main figure.  In future for a project of this type, I would use a smoother style of base so I have more control over the shadows and lighting like on the main figure. 

Comments and criticism are welcome. 

• By Geoff Davis
      03157: Garwin Greywand, Wizard by Bobby Jackson

Comments and Criticism welcome.

• By Geoff Davis
      03157: Garwin Greywand, Wizard sculpted by Bobby Jackson.  Continuing on with practicing OSL.  I started by undershading with dark brown and purple and highlighted up to linen white on his body and base.  I did the same thing but with black and greys on his staff.

I then added the blue for his robe, using two sets of blues.  One set has no light effect colour added.  The other set has the yellow added.  I did the shading and highlighting on the dark side with the blues that didn't have the yellow added.  I used the set with the yellow added anywhere that I thought the light was going to hit, using the undershading as a guide as to where that would be.  The yellow I mixed with the blue is also used on the orb.

Then I added the other colours (particularly the staff and the fleshtones) using the same approach of mixing up two sets of the colours to use side by side.

Overall I'm pleased with the way it's turning out.  A few of the values seem out of balance though.  Particularly parts of the staff compared to the adjacent areas on his robe.  Some of the flesh tones that are further away from the orb need to be darker still.  The part of the staff directly below the orb seems too bright overall, especially right beneath the orb.  Still a work in progress.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)