SGHawkins09

Box of Goodwill, Basing Edition Round 2 - Chatter Thread

This is the place for any questions, chatter, and pictures regarding the Basing Box of Goodwill.

Arrival/Departure thread is here:

Box of Goodwill, Basing Edition Round 2 - Arrival/Departure Thread NO CHATTER

SGHawkins09

Keianna

Sylverthorne

NecroMancer

hungerfan

Ulfheathen

Aryanun

hiddenone32

Clearman

Guildenstern

Shadowphaze

Generic Fighter

Dilvish the Deliverer

Dilvish the Deliverer

Wyvernfire

Chaoswolf

Knarthex

Paradoxical Mouse

Dragoneye

Kangaroorex

Fire_Eyes

Keianna

Pegazus

SparrowMarie

LittleBluberry

SGHawkins09

Edited by SGHawkins09
  • Like 3

Lots of people looking for stuff. What sorts of things are people hoping to see? 

Note: I'm not looking for specific requests (ex. 'purple flock'), just general categories (ex. 'ideas for an interesting scifi base,' or 'things that could be used for south american plants, animals and terrain,' or 'All the shiny things!')

I am looking for things that help indicate a specific season (all of them). Things that can help indicate underwater plant and animal life. I have gotten it into my head to try to make a coral reef base.  

Also, I need to practice sculpting flower beds for a diorama. Would it be OK to include some sculpted flower bases? Would anyone be interested in things like that? They would not be finished. Might need more sculpting/flock/paint etc before they are done. 

• Like 4

I'm mostly looking to get some ideas for bases...I don't have very interesting bases as of now, and I'm just started basing. I'd like some premade bases...and then I might take things that give me ideas... But I mostly want ideas for interesting sci-fi (Starfinder-era) and fantasy (like you might see in Faerun) bases.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Keianna said:

Lots of people looking for stuff. What sorts of things are people hoping to see? 

Note: I'm not looking for specific requests (ex. 'purple flock'), just general categories (ex. 'ideas for an interesting scifi base,' or 'things that could be used for south american plants, animals and terrain,' or 'All the shiny things!')

I am looking for things that help indicate a specific season (all of them). Things that can help indicate underwater plant and animal life. I have gotten it into my head to try to make a coral reef base.  

Also, I need to practice sculpting flower beds for a diorama. Would it be OK to include some sculpted flower bases? Would anyone be interested in things like that? They would not be finished. Might need more sculpting/flock/paint etc before they are done. 

Good idea, it can help people decide what to contribute but keep in mind due to having multiple boxes going out we cannot guarantee what will be in the box that somebody ends up receiving. 

Sculpted flower bases would be fine.

2 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I'm mostly looking to get some ideas for bases...I don't have very interesting bases as of now, and I'm just started basing. I'd like some premade bases...and then I might take things that give me ideas... But I mostly want ideas for interesting sci-fi (Starfinder-era) and fantasy (like you might see in Faerun) bases.  

There might be some premade bases (like those from Secret Weapon) in the boxes but there may not be a lot.

• Like 2

Arrival and departure thread has been created and the first post of this thread has been updated with the link and groups.

• Like 3

I have received the box. It may be more tape than cardboard, but is in decent condition. Fun stuff in here! I will take and post pics when final selections are made.

• Like 5

Box is away! I really meant to send it before this weekend, but things were, well hectic doesn't really do it justice. I will post pics after I get home and eat dinner.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

So. I just realized that @knarthex's username is spelled wrong on the list...I was about to complain about not being able to message him...I'm silly.

Oops, that was my fault, its correct now.

• Like 2

Pictures? *platypus eyes* (not sure if that's the same as puppy eyes) ^.^

• Like 3

Oh, yeah. I never posted that. Oops ::P:

IMAG0190.thumb.jpg.53021098e6b738aa6a837118fb65fbf1.jpg

I grabbed various colors of mirrored glass shards, a piece of copper for keeping a wet pallet funk free, couple of crumbling brick walls, 2 wood spheres, some birch seeds, some small gravel, wood chips, a polystyrene I beam, and a handfull of interesting resin bases. 

• Like 8

I have the box. I'm still in 'sorting' phase, and tracking down all the bits I was going to add.

... and I'm really not sure if the mail delivery person didn't throw it over the fence. The poor box! It is very battered.

• Like 5

On 3/1/2018 at 9:57 PM, Sylverthorne said:

... and I'm really not sure if the mail delivery person didn't throw it over the fence. The poor box! It is very battered.

Im right after you and I have lots of boxes so I can probably repackage everything so we can make sure the box gets through the full circuit. 

• Like 3

Yeah was gonna say really sounds like time to repackage the box. 

Also just mentioning in case anyone's interested, for those who have a Michael's near them, they had some of their tiny dollhouse stuff on clearance (at least mine did). Not all is suitable for basing or even 28mm terrain but it's worth picking over - not even necessarily just for this venture, but in general. 

• Like 2