SGHawkins09

Box of Goodwill, Basing Edition Round 2 - Chatter Thread

On 3/3/2018 at 11:52 AM, Guildenstern said:

Also just mentioning in case anyone's interested, for those who have a Michael's near them, they had some of their tiny dollhouse stuff on clearance (at least mine did). Not all is suitable for basing or even 28mm terrain but it's worth picking over - not even necessarily just for this venture, but in general. 

Just happened to be there Sat looking for a gift when we noticed a few things still available and picked them up.  Some flowers we have used before and some kind of desert sand gravel.

• Like 3

I only just shoved the box out the door... it's a little squashy, but should survive the trip, provided the box manglers don't eat it. ^^;

Pictures later, when I have brains. We were all over hell and breakfast, and I'm still kind of dilated here.

• Like 6

So here's what I took from the box...image.jpeg.fa1399ad2ad937f0b77f8a538ab6b825.jpeg

some big styrofoam grass bits, hirst arts blocks, a clear red rod, drawer pull (future mushroom base), field grass, flock mix, rocks, skellie bits, and some bendy plastic strips.

• Like 10

The package that @Sylverthorne sent got to the post office here in town today.  I hate that I have to sit around and wait for them to deliver it tomorrow!

I understand them not delivering on Sundays but I wish they had something that if your package is in town on a Sunday that you could go pick it up.

Oh well I'll just be that more excited after work tomorrow when I grab it from the mailbox. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

The package that @Sylverthorne sent got to the post office here in town today.  I hate that I have to sit around and wait for them to deliver it tomorrow!

I understand them not delivering on Sundays but I wish they had something that if your package is in town on a Sunday that you could go pick it up.

Oh well I'll just be that more excited after work tomorrow when I grab it from the mailbox. 

Almost to me!  Funny how we are both in the same circuits for this BOGW and the normal one.  I already sent you a bunch of bases but I am planning on putting some of the plinths I got from that WAMP raffle in this box.  For the other normal BOGW you will be a couple behind me so hopefully can enjoy some of the winnings I will be sharing.

• Like 4

Oooh plinths!  I am looking for a nice plinth for a bust I just got not too long ago.  

Oh well like you said I will hopefully get to enjoy some other goodies for the regular BoGW!

• Like 3

So much to look through!  I should have it sent out in a couple of days though. 

I was afraid I wouldn't have much to contribute but after raiding the wife's scrapbook and craft stuff I found a lot!  I also had a little more stuff than I thought. 

There was a lot in the box that I never would have thought about using for basing.  Really gave me some inspiration. 

• Like 7

The stuff we chose from the box.  So many bases in there but we have so many ourselves after the Base Boss KS. 

The little jar containers are mine. I poured each thing from bags into them and left about half (or more) for others to enjoy.

Spoiler

5ab3e12021e98_2018-03-2117_29_22.thumb.jpg.7a8f39d9e1a86ef04aabb14b40163117.jpg

Anything shiny was picked out by my daughter.  All the grass like stuff I chose.

Now to find the box tape or buy more and get this thing sent off so I can dig into the other Box of Goodwill I got yesterday.

Edited by hungerfan
  • Like 9

Well, shoot! Here I was a little sad that things hadn't started yet, and was stocking up anticipating starting one of the boxes, but I guess I need to read more often. Maybe I'll push for starting a box next time since Michaels had so much on sale today, and it's more than I'll ever use.

• Like 3

Watching for these pics isn't nearly as fun when your waiting for your turn in the circuit.  :unsure:

Let's got SGHawkins09 box!!!.  ::D:

• Like 1

My apologies everyone; I received the box the same day that I found out that I'm going to be losing my job. I didn't even open the box for a week or so. I have finally opened it, gone through it, selected a couple items, put some stuff in, and resealed it. I'll be shipping it either today or tomorrow.

• Sad 10

A little late, but here's my loot picture:

IMG_1730.thumb.JPG.3b8fd77de6ac9e673883d650f0364483.JPG

Some blue sand, a resin sci-fi base, and the 2 pill bottles are various flocks that I took some, but not all, of.

• Like 8

Pics of what I took.

20180403_171322.jpg.a12b61ff7f34cf2dc0491aafd4e9163f.jpg

Wood display base, cork and wood pieces.

20180403_171713.jpg.0882317c2d2fae10b8cefce6684d9d03.jpg

Moss, two types of flock, plastic I beam, wooden knife.

20180403_171530.jpg.3a5b338504c310399ad5ce943b03ad48.jpg

Gold rocks, sand, blue glass, resin snail, two gears, skull and spine bits, glass ball & 3 bases.

• Like 11