72moonglum

Hackmaster/Ral Partha Elf Warrior

Wow, that is phenomenal work!  I love all the shading, especially on the metals. The level of detail is astounding!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Baldur8762 said:

Wow, that is phenomenal work!  I love all the shading, especially on the metals. The level of detail is astounding!

Thanks Baldur, metals has always been my bane, but over the years I think I'm getting a basic grasp of them if I stick to a certain basic formula.

Does anybody have any good non metal metal inspirations for Bronze, using Reaper colors?

Care to share what you are doing for your metal work color wise? I feel like I've got a good grasp on gold nmm, but my silver is weak. Chrome sky/earth nmm is easy enough, but it really isn't what swords and armor should be made of.

Looks like you have a lot of blue in your recipe?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pinkymadigan said:

Care to share what you are doing for your metal work color wise? I feel like I've got a good grasp on gold nmm, but my silver is weak. Chrome sky/earth nmm is easy enough, but it really isn't what swords and armor should be made of.

Looks like you have a lot of blue in your recipe?

Sure, right now I start out with Ashen Blue as my base color, then I start using washes, next if I remember right is soft blue, then twilight blue, then dark elf skin, then after that dark shadow, then dark elf shadow, then black.  After that I go up from my ashen blue base, and apply in the highlights.  I use first, rainy grey, then misty grey, then ghost white, then finally white.

I'm not sure if sometimes it doesn't come out too blue, but I'm either too blue or too grey, so I never quite get what I'm looking for.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, pogre said:

Very nice, clean paint job. You’ve really brought the figure to life!

Jim Johnson did all the heavy lifting. I just threw some paint on him. 

Very well done, I like the colors you choose. The green and orange/brown on he's clothing and the nmm are beautiful.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:58 PM, Metalchaos said:

Very well done, I like the colors you choose. The green and orange/brown on he's clothing and the nmm are beautiful.

Thanks a lot Metalchaos! 

My last couple of miniatures for Hackmaster have been "nature" related figures, like rangers, so I feel I've been using greens and browns and oranges a lot.  I've got my next batch I'm going to be working on soon, where I hope to get a little away from that color scheme.