Queeny

Anyone know this guy?

I have a box of minis with figures I want/need to identify. I've had them so long I don't remember where I got them. Anyone know who this is?

20180131_215744.jpg

• Like 3

I will look for it when I get home, work PC is too slow for this.

Since he is painted, I take it you have no visible markings.

One question, his size, true 25mm, 28mm / Heroic? ( is he more like Ral Partha / Grenadier size or more like modern Reaper/Warhammer size?)

26 minutes ago, Mushu_Green said:

This is obviously Hammy McHammerface from the Badass Miniatures line.

Obviously lol

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

I will look for it when I get home, work PC is too slow for this.

Since he is painted, I take it you have no visible markings.

One question, his size, true 25mm, 28mm / Heroic? ( is he more like Ral Partha / Grenadier size or more like modern Reaper/Warhammer size?)

He is Reaper sized. On his base, very faint if you hold it just right you can maybe almost see a little FM scratched on it. Maybe 

Oh and that hammer top was not attached,  may not even be the one supposed to go there but it fit well, feel like it does go with it.

Edited by Queeny
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Orlando_the_Technicoloured said:

I h\ave a feeling I've seen him somewhere

(LoTR is what's coming up in the back of my mind with the kit, pipe and hood but I can't see him in any of the obvious places on Stunties site)

I was thinking in a similar vein. Maybe not LoTR directly, but an Oldhammer or related from the days when they were copying that style more closely?

He looks like he may have been sculpted by the same person responsible for a lot of the very early Citadel Dwarves, but I can't find him as part of the Fantasy Tribe Dwarf series or any other series.

This guy sure looks a lot like him. He's labeled in this pic as Dwarf Lord Thane.  Pipe in one hand, other hand holding on to a weapon propped on the ground. 

download.jpeg

3 hours ago, Queeny said:

This guy sure looks a lot like him. He's labeled in this pic as Dwarf Lord Thane.  Pipe in one hand, other hand holding on to a weapon propped on the ground. 

download.jpeg

Maybe he was one of the special White Dwarf characters?

In style he is definitely not an early Citadel sculpt not is he an LoTR sculpt. He looks, in style, to Ral Partha and Grenadier. He might even be from the Ral Partha AD&D line, those packs where there were three versions of the mini as he grew in "levels". Best I can do right now.

• Like 2