TaleSpinner

Getting to Know You, Feb 2018

14 hours ago, Zink said:

Because it's hard to ride a two legged horse?

Chocobo. :blues:

That is all.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

February 7:

What are your thoughts on modern smart phones and how much do you rely on one?

They left smart behind long-ago, graduated to smart-aleck a couple of years ago, and at this point I live in constant fear of the next operating system so-called upgrade

:ph34r:

...and I have mine with me constantly. It is has become my principle means to connect to all things internet. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

February 8:

Do you carry cash for small purchases or rely on other means?

(This questions stems from an encounter a the CS this morning where the guy in front of me used a credit card to buy a $1 cup of coffee and it got me wondering.)

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

February 8:

(This questions stems from an encounter a the CS this morning where the guy in front of me used a credit card to buy a $1 cup of coffee and it got me wondering.)

Most of the time, yes.  Sometimes, though, it is unavoidable.  There is a parking garage that does not always have an attendant, and the ONLY other way to pay, is by credit card/debit card, which is infuriating for a 75-cent purchase.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

February 8:

I use my cards everywhere, mostly because I notoriously lose cash. If I lose a card, I can cancel it. Can't get back lost cash. 

...I've put purchases of less than a dollar on my card before...

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

February 8:

Not really, unless I have cash from breaking a bigger bill. There are allot of 3 to 5 dollar purchases on my card in the morning due to the fact I'm leaving work & either need to pay for my overnight purchases (no cash register open to us) or I'm buying items to take home.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

February 8:

I used to not carry cash. Then I moved to NYC, and found that a number of establishments only take cash, like the laundromat, and a bunch of restaurants. Since then, I've taken to always having some on me. 

Edited by Crowley
spelling
  • Like 6

23 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

February 8:

I usually buy everything on my (or Hubby's) debit card. Occasionally I have cash in my wallet. I usually forget about it though.

• Like 5

I'm leaning more and more towards carrying cash, and using it. I primarily use a card, but I think it's easier for me to budget with cash than a card, and budgeting is something I'm working hard on this year. 

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

February 8:

I make an attempt to use cash wherever possible. 

I usually only use my card for large purchases, restaurants, and online purchases.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

February 8:

I have both a debit Card and a Credit Card, I rarely carry cash these days.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

February 8:

I make it a point to always have some cash on me.   I don't like swiping a card for small purchases (my info gets hijacked often enough it seems, no reason to swipe more often than necessary.  I also like to make sure I have enough cash to be able to tip in cash.I like to leave it up to the servers to decide how much they want to report for tax purposes or if it's a tip pool place.  I especially want to make sure that the tips go to the servers and not to the owners.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

February 8:

Do you carry cash for small purchases? ...or rely on other means?

Yes to cash. 

On rare (extremely rare) occasions I will carry a checkbook with paper checks. Did that two days ago. 

Edited by TGP
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

February 8:

I use card if I'm at a chain store. Cash if I'm at a local one, or if it is impractical to use a card. I usually keep between $20 and $60 on hand in various forms If a purchase is above $50 I always use a card.

• Like 5

I always keep cash on hand. I don't have a credit card, but I have a debit card, which I generally try to use mostly for paying bills and online purchases, of which I don't make many that aren't hobby-related.

I generally only use my debit card when I don't have enough cash on hand for what I want, and a lot of things are cheaper if you pay cash instead of putting them on a card.

• Like 6