TaleSpinner

Getting to Know You, Feb 2018

34 minutes ago, Crowley said:

*puts hawaiian shirt over Quisitor robes*

February 24th

Today I'm going to see Jimmy Buffett's new Broadway show: Escape to Margaritaville.  

Describe your perfect cheeseburger*, and since it's 5 o'clock somewhere, what are you going to drink with it?

*or other food between buns of your choice

This may seem a bit weird, but my favorite cheeseburger is a cheddar bacon veggie burger. It is actually very tasty and the order tends to confuse waiters, which can be amusing. I ate a lot of hamburger growing up and have lost my taste for actual hamburger (and most ground meats).

ETA: Its a texture thing too.

Edited by Flit
  • Like 9

22 hours ago, Crowley said:

*Puts on Quisitor Robes*

February 23rd:

What topic do you wish you were an expert in? What topic are you working on becoming an expert in? 

Well, I'd like to be a better seamstress. Like, I have a good amount of theory, I just don't have a lot of practice. 

I'd also love to be an expert in something that pays well too =P and isn't customer service related >.<

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

February 24th

Today I'm going to see Jimmy Buffett's new Broadway show: Escape to Margaritaville.  

Describe your perfect cheeseburger*, and since it's 5 o'clock somewhere, what are you going to drink with it?

Fresh ground beef, mixed with spices, sautéed mushrooms, Swiss (or provolone, both are good), BBQ sauce, on a fresh bun. Preferably served with some kind of potatoe as a side dish.

Edit: oh, I don't drink booze, so soda or something like that to drink.

Edited by redambrosia
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

February 24th

Aren't you starting to get a little warm?::D:

To answer the question:

1/2 pound Angus beef patty, cooked to right on the edge of medium rare/medium, with Applewood smoked black pepper bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, extra sharp cheddar cheese, and a smoky bbq sauce, served on ciabatta bun.

I don't generally drink when I eat, but this discussion, I think a Franziskaner Weissbier (wheat beer brewed in Germany) would be good.

...and now that I just spent time thinking that up, I know what's for dinner tonight!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Crowley said:

February 24th

Wagyu Beef Burger, Aged Cheese melted over it with a slice of bacon.

A Slice of raw onion and a slice of pickle.

A hint of Jack Daniels BBQ sauce.

All on a simple white bun to savour the taste of the meat.

Drink?

After! So not to spoil the taste too soon.

And it will be a hot tea.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 6

23 hours ago, Crowley said:

*Puts on Quisitor Robes*

February 23rd:

What topic do you wish you were an expert in? What topic are you working on becoming an expert in? 

Interestingly enough, I don't really want to be an expert at anything, but it would be nice to be able to actually get a specific sound one wants out of a synthesizer (or even, modular synthesizer) after only half an hour of work, instead of 6+ hours some days ^_^

February 24th

I'm relatively simple...  A nice thick patty, made of a mixture of ground beef and lamb plus various spices in there to compliment the meat, bacon (probably Canadian back bacon or something like that), a slice of sharp pizza mozzarella, slice of green leaf lettuce, two slices of tomato, and two pickle slices.  Probably with mustard, mayo, ketchup, and one of the fancier relishes out there.

As for what to drink with it....  A JägerBomb would be nice, but only if properly served (aka drop shot), and at the correct temperature!   Sooooo many places are just "eh, we put it on ice"...  No, read the label, there's a reason why they sell a Tap machine!  It makes it go from Buckleys to omg sweet delicious addiction tasty beverage of doom.  But usually, since I don't drink when eating out, I'll be silly and say that strawberry lemonade that Red Robin's makes.  OMG, so good.  Much tasty.  Many deliciousness.

• Like 7

February 24th

@Chaoswolf and/or @Glitterwolf's burgers sounds really, really good right now,.

I'd have to have a Long Island Iced Tea though to drink.

39 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Ack! I forgot the applewood bacon on my burger! :seppuku:

How can you forget BACON????

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

February 24th

My standard burger at home is with cheddar, mayo and Bullseye BBQ sauce. Occasionally I go fancier with lettuce and tomato,  On very rare occasions I go for the deluxe with all those and fried onions and double smoked bacon. I don't drink all that often anymore but lately I'm drinking apple cider. Had some at Olive Garden a couple years ago that was great and I've been on a search to find something like it since. So far Angry Orchard is the best I've found but it's not as good. Not sure if they have a house cider or I was starving is what made it taste so good. For years my go to drink was Crown Royal and ginger ale.

• Like 6

My perfect burger: 1/5th lb fresh ground chuck from the local butcher, a little salt, flame grilled medium (still a touch pink), served on a buttered and toasted bun, with mayo, tomato and pickles.  Sometimes onion and/or mustard.  Once in a while blue cheese and caramelized onion. The best burgers start with the best beef, which we have in abundance here in KC, and I don't like to mess around with it much.  If you haven't got good ground beef it has no business being in a burger. Go make chili and cover it up with spices. 

Favorite drink? A margarita, of course!  ::P:

Edited by Inarah
  • Like 7

Favourite burger would be a decent sized beef patty with bacon, aged cheddar, pickles, and smokey BBQ sauce. And to drink with it, a nice craft beer--probably an IPA or a pilsner (gotta keep it light and easy-drinking).

I really want a burger now... I'm just gonna just step outside for a minute...

• Like 6

On 2/23/2018 at 10:18 AM, Crowley said:

*Puts on Quisitor Robes*

February 23rd:

Life.

As near as I can tell, I am getting worse at it rather than better. 

3 hours ago, Crowley said:

February 24th

** puts on sunglasses **

Cheeseburgers-Bourbon-Bacon-Jam-4.jpg

This involves ^ bacon bourbon jam. 

224243.jpg :wub:

( NB: I would settle for either the Glitterwolf or Chaoswolf cheeseburgers.)

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Crowley said:

February 24th

As long as it has bacon, that's all that matters to me. Maybe a slab of fancy cheese too.

Fun fact: Jimmy Buffett had a cameo in Jurassic World. He was the tourist running away with two margaritas in his hands.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

As long as it has bacon, that's all that matters to me. Maybe a slab of fancy cheese too.

Fun fact: Jimmy Buffett had a cameo in Jurassic World. He was the tourist running away with two margaritas in his hands.

Cameo? True Hero of the Movie! 

Jurassic-World-Jimmy-Buffett-Cameo.jpg

• Haha 6

On 2/23/2018 at 10:18 AM, Crowley said:

*Puts on Quisitor Robes*

February 23rd:

Unlocking the potential of the mind for actual psychic connections (yeah, scifi stuff).  If I'm going with something real, languages.  I'd love to be a polyglot.  I'm quite good at recognizing languages, but I cannot speak them.

7 hours ago, Crowley said:

February 24th

1/4 pound burger, high fat content, none of this lean crap, grilled over Charcoal (propane just makes it nasty).

Bacon (six slices)

Mild Cheddar Cheese, 2 slices, melted as the burger is finished.

Two onion rings

Lettuce

Two slices of garden fresh tomato

two slices garden fresh green pepper (such that it makes a ring, not a line).

Crunchy sandwich stacker Pickles

Miracle Whip (You can use plain mayo, but WHY? ::P:)

Mustard

Barbeque Sauce

toasted Sesame seed bun, or toasted texas toast.

It's an everything burger.  It's messy as heck, delicious, and it will kill you if you eat it frequently.My standard burger eliminates the extra slice of cheddar, and gets rid of the bbq sauce and bacon.  Not a big difference, but a big flavor profile change.  Serve with fries and watermelon (my daughter is allergic to watermelon, so we don't get this one ever). 

As an alternative, here's my Heart Attack Grilled Cheese:

Obviously Bread (I like oatberry)

Mild Cheddar, 2 slices

Provolone, 2 slices

Crumbled Feta

Honey Ham.

Yellow Mustard

Start open faced on a griddle, heating the ham at the same time as the cheddar is melting.  As this is happening, place the crumbled feta onto one sice of the ham, and cut the circles of provolone in half so that you can cover the feta with the provolone to prevent it from falling out.  On the opposite side, spread yellow mustard on top of the other slice of cheddar cheese.   Once the ham has slightly browned, place on top of the provolone side and flip the mustard/cheddar side on top and complete cooking process.

Serve with carrots and a pickle and a fruit of your choice (I recommend an apple).

• Like 7

*Smacks lips, rolls out of bed, puts on dark tinted sunglasses, and shakally reaches for the mug of coffee*

February 25th

There's a fine line between Saturday night, and Sunday morning...

What was the last thing you did where you stayed up way too late*, and still had to get up way too early* the "next" day. 

*as defined by you

• Like 4
  • Haha 1