My February Goals:

Clear my shelf of shame (3 just need basing, 37 are in various states of partially painted)

OSL project

02682: Selmarina, Witch Bob Ridolfi 

Tartan Project

02242: Ian MacAndrew Bobby Jackson 

• Like 6

The Goal is simple: 

Paint ONE mini from start to finish.

After painting almost non-stop all summer, the Fall semester left me with no time to paint. It was the hardest semester of my life, and one class in particular sucked the joy out of everything, even life itself. 

Now that is over and I have less stress and have decided to dedicate one day for relaxing activities.  I am seriously afraid however that I have forgotten how to paint! I am nervous to pick up the brush again after so long.  I know my work will be terrible. But paint won't apply itself, and I have mini's demanding my attention!  Plus I miss it. 

• Like 7

I completed a mini.  I have one to go in about a week and a half to paint for a local competition.  I'm going to make it!

• Like 6

On 2/2/2018 at 5:05 PM, SparrowMarie said:

I've got tons of goals for this month. What do you have planned?

For me I have to finish these by the 23rd:

• Amiri, Iconic Barbarian
  • Tiik Champion
  • Battleguard Golem
  • Nolzur's Griffon

This shouldn't be a big issue as I've already started on the griffon and the other ones are prepped and ready to go. On top of these I /still/ want to pick up the fire giants and then I'm going to start Cthulhu.

I finished those 4! I plan on working on Cthulhu tonight if I have some time. I'm very nearly done with his base layer.

• Like 5

On 2/2/2018 at 10:19 PM, Zink said:

Continuing from last month 

12 pathfinder goblins

5 Battlemaster wolf riders. Close to finishing these already.

2 roughly 18" rocky ridges.

If/when I finish the goblins I might switch to GW high elves for a bit. To finish them off (not a goal for this month) I have

15 white lions

10 swordsmen

5 reaver knights

touch up 10 phoenix guard

The month isn't over yet and I haven't really done much towards my goals. I have 3 of the pathfinder goblins nearly finished and finished the wolf riders. Never even started on the ridges. Instead I finished a partially painted undead dwarf from Dungeon Saga and painted two females spell casters to a higher than normal standard for me. Still have hope of getting more on the list done if I don't get distracted.

• Like 4

On 2/12/2018 at 1:21 PM, Darkmeer said:

I completed a mini.  I have one to go in about a week and a half to paint for a local competition.  I'm going to make it!

Realized I was incorrect about the submission date.  I have a WEEK!  YAY!  I really AM going to make it!  Base work will be completed today and final touch ups, then my comp mini will be done! 

• Like 6

On 3-2-2018 at 8:39 PM, Glitterwolf said:
  • Continue maybe finish Ann Bonnie Bust
  • Finish Grenadier Undead Rhino Captive Carrier with Bones Crew.
  • Paint another mini for the Lost World Project

Update

• Like 6

On 2/8/2018 at 10:14 AM, Geoff Davis said:

My February Goals:

Clear my shelf of shame (3 just need basing, 37 are in various states of partially painted)

Just 35 projects left on the shelf of shame and 4 days left in February...there's still a chance!!!

• Like 7

On 2/21/2018 at 10:35 AM, Darkmeer said:

Realized I was incorrect about the submission date.  I have a WEEK!  YAY!  I really AM going to make it!  Base work will be completed today and final touch ups, then my comp mini will be done! 

Final touch ups were just COMPLETED.  Sealing in the morning and delivering in the afternoon either before or after my Job Fair. Yay!  And now onto completing other silly projects (big C'thulu!)

• Like 6

On 2/2/2018 at 7:16 PM, Evilhalfling said:

3 KD unpainted survivors (already assembled)  -

work on Phoenix

finish Bust 

4 bones figures. 

Assemble at least one more KD figure.  - possibly 300 inspired guy in lion armor 

1. Orc Thief 
2. Holy Vindicator (w/freehand)
3. Lantern Armor survivor 
4. Anti Paladin (w/freehand)
5. Old barbarian 
6. dead monster terrain 
7. Tick 
8. DDS thief 

9.  elf archer (w/freehand) 

The upper side of the Phoenix's tail is done, and the body/head are fine.  just a few (hundred) feathers left. 

Bust was untouched 

I'm working on freehand now??  when did that become a goal? 3 bones figures with patterned cloaks .

Edited by Evilhalfling
finished #9
  • Like 5

On 2/19/2018 at 2:21 PM, SparrowMarie said:
On 2/2/2018 at 5:05 PM, SparrowMarie said:

I've got tons of goals for this month. What do you have planned?

For me I have to finish these by the 23rd:

• Amiri, Iconic Barbarian
  • Tiik Champion
  • Battleguard Golem
  • Nolzur's Griffon

This shouldn't be a big issue as I've already started on the griffon and the other ones are prepped and ready to go. On top of these I /still/ want to pick up the fire giants and then I'm going to start Cthulhu.

I finished those 4! I plan on working on Cthulhu tonight if I have some time. I'm very nearly done with his base layer.

I finished everything, even Cthulhu! 

• Like 3

I finished up a pair (last of 8) of Saxons at lunch, so I have a good chance of getting the 8 man group based and varnished within this month...month group picture tomorrow. 

Edited by Rob Dean
  • Like 5

Nice to see everyone achieving some goals I've nearly painted my UTF Cav force over Jan/Feb so pleased one reason I started a thread for the painting so I could see some progress ongoing each week and tried to stick to one lot of figures but got distracted painting some GW bretonnians as well but at least I got some done .

Done:

10mm scale

32 Cav

2 Aircraft

28 tanks, apcs

15mm scale

3 APCs

28mm scale

44 Bowmen

3 Knights

hopefully I can be as concentrated during March ::D:

• Like 6

On 2/5/2018 at 8:13 PM, Auberon said:

Hmmm... not sure.  The flat I tried last month didn't really grab my interest so it is now on the shelf of shame.  I cleaned a 75mm figure and plan to assemble it, but I'm not sure if I really want to paint an effort piece right now.  If not I have some Bones prepped that I could quick paint at any time.

My main painting issue though is that my "get in better shape" kick that I started last year has continued into this year and I haven't hit on a good way to combine the two activities.

I did assemble the 75mm figure, but after trying a dozen different color combinations in photoshop and not liking any of them enough to paint, I ended up setting it aside.  I grabbed another large figure that had been on my shelf of shame for awhile and put some paint on it, but ended up stripping it and starting over.  Hopefully it will be my March project.

The positive side of my hobby deferment is that I'm down 10lbs so far, so if I keep that up for the year.... actually that would be 60lbs and losing that much would be problematic.  Better stop by Labor Day.

• Like 7