Very cool! I dig those stripes, and great color choices!

Is one of those available outside a giant box set?

54 minutes ago, Sanael said:

Very cool! I dig those stripes, and great color choices!

Is one of those available outside a giant box set?

Good question. This one is from a big board game, I think they are part of seperate releases though... hmmm. There is a set of 5 or 6 on their site?

If people are not familiar with this mini - it is pretty tiny. That makes this paint job all the more impressive. The color choice makes me want to use that scheme on some of mine. Really well done!

• Like 1

Nicely done!!

Also great for me cause I think I may have found my small to  medium size griffon that I need for a statue. ::): 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maglok
      My quest to paint the PCs in Warhammer Quest continues! This is the Fyreslayer Doomseeker. Quite happy with him, though he took longer then I expected at first.

• By Maglok
      Here is the 2nd of the player characters I am painting for Warhammer Quest: The Silver Tower.

• By Maglok
      I have had the Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower boxed set laying around. We recently started playing it and I have comitted to paint the 6 player characters (and the 1 companion gryphound). I went with a traditional Games Workshop scheme of edge highlighting, not my usual. :) So here is the Knight Questor, the first of 6 player characters.

• By pinkymadigan
      Okay, so I redoing Warhammer Quest. I'm adding classic DnD monsters, wrote a program that does all the event and monster generation and tracking for me, handles custom treasure, and helps keep things fresh. I'm painting minis for the dungeons like mad, even getting to things I never bothered to paint before, like Snotlings. I don't expect to be ready to play for a while yet, but in the meantime I thought I would add one more project to my load - redo all the tiles and add some new ones, and give them custom cards. 

The tiles I'm making with a variety of methods, but they all use half inch cell foam (similar to Styrofoam) as the base, then have various things glopped on them to harden them and give them a smoother or rougher appearance. The cutting is all being done with a hot tool that's mostly designed for wood etching I guess (about $35-40 at a craft store), but works great for melting ruts into tiles. I'll go over a step by step on my next piece, but here's some of the ones I have done so far.

I looked at a ton of different methods for this, but I think a lightweight Styrofoam style appealed the most to me, I didn't want to get into casting and dealing with being limited to whatever molds were available. Obviously, I'm getting my feet wet with the more flat rooms first, but my next room is the Well of Doom, which has some depth to it (though small). I have the basics cut out and will take some pictures tomorrow when I work on it again.
  • Who's Online   39 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)