rfusca

Wiz kids rusty dragon bar

1 hour ago, paintybeard said:

Nice, but who spilt a pint of blue beer on the tavern floor?

That's half orc blood. Its a rough bar...

This looks awesome. How well would the pieces match if you got 2 bars and made one big tavern. Would it line up good, or would it not fit together?

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Looks good!

Your paintwork makes it more tempting to pick up a set for myself.

Ditto!

Good watering hole :winkthumbs:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, paintybeard said:

Nice, but who spilt a pint of blue beer on the tavern floor?

I think somebody whose name rhymes with litterbolf. He's been trying to get free drinks. 

1 hour ago, Smokestack said:

That's half orc blood. Its a rough bar...

This looks awesome. How well would the pieces match if you got 2 bars and made one big tavern. Would it line up good, or would it not fit together?

They should match well, it's pretty modular.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Looks good!

Your paintwork makes it more tempting to pick up a set for myself.

Thanks!  Its a nice little kit to pick up but it takes a bit of work to get the wood grain to show up well.  They lay the primer on so thick that there's relatively little texture left.  I had to kind of 'pull out all the stops' to get the grain to show up to a degree that I wanted..  The flat tops of the tables, bars, and cases were stripped of the preprimer, 'power washed' with my airbrush, reprimed with a super thin coat of badger, basecoated, very light gloss coat, black oil wash, and then dry brushed.  It was waaaaaay more work than I expected.  But I tried the table with just their primer and normal acrylic washes and it looked so flat by comparison.

• Like 1

After painting some of the Wizkids stuff I agree about the priming. Their priming the figures actually creates more work. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pogre said:

After painting some of the Wizkids stuff I agree about the priming. Their priming the figures actually creates more work. 

This, so much this.  I'd buy more of their stuff if it wasn't primed.

• Like 1

I love the idea and the great execution! I am not (as of yet at least) into scenic RPG's, I reckon them to be too much hassle as a DM especially..  Setting up each scene with all these scenic pieces (I imagine) would realy slow down the game.. But maybe its not so bad.. I dont know.. Dry erase mats work just fine for me.. What do you think? 

Edited by VolksFest

35 minutes ago, VolksFest said:

I love the idea and the great execution! I am not (as of yet at least) into scenic RPG's, I reckon them to be too much hassle as a DM especially..  Setting up each scene with all these scenic pieces (I imagine) would realy slow down the game.. But maybe its not so bad.. I dont know.. Dry erase mats work just fine for me.. What do you think? 

I'm going to have this sticky tacked more similar done on  a board to pull out as one quick thing when they get there.  It's for my kids, so they'll eat it up. 

Edited by rfusca
  • Like 2

Neat idea.. Lets see how it turns out. I'd love to build terrain for my games but the time it would devour is very daunting.. 

Just now, VolksFest said:

Neat idea.. Lets see how it turns out. I'd love to build terrain for my games but the time it would devour is very daunting.. 

Absolutely and I won't do much. But this will be a fairly central space to their campaign.