Working on the base for this guy, thought I'd put it up. Put sand down and then painted over it black, trying to make it look like a river of lava (DON'T ASK WHY THEMING-WISE, IT JUST SEEMED LIKE A GOOD IDEA AT THE TIME.) Still planning on messing with it, running some red and darker shades through the yellow and maybe some red cracks through the black.

IMG_20180207_123017.jpg

IMG_20180207_123036.jpg

IMG_20180207_123054.jpg

• Like 7

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BruceDuty
      I was asked to create a chess set using fantasy figs, and here are some of the figs I used from Reaper.  It was fun but 32 figures is a lot of work!  Let me know what you think.
      Used 60022: Karzoug, Runelord of Greed , 02582: Queen of High Elves, 02525: Murkillor, Wraith King ,  60075: King Castruccio Irovetti , 89013: Ezren, Iconic Wizard, 77496: Eilluvasheth, Succubus Queen

• By ThirstyBob
      If you are playing gloomhaven or plan to and do not want to be spoiled to the unlocked classes stop reading here. This is the class with the sun icon Last warning to avoid spoilers.

Just finished up the Sunkeeper for Gloomhaven, I think I'm gradually overcoming my fear of highlighting. As always, C&C greatly appreciated for things to do better next time or general tips.
      Work Process (as far as I can remember)
      Primed in white, followed up with gunmetal grey over most of the figure, except for obvious cloth, highlighted some of the armor with chrome, detailed the clothes, then added royal gold for the gold, washed straight black for the crevices in the armor, followed up with aztec gold, gradually mixed with lemon yellow, then a hansa yellow transparent for the final highlight. Cloak and cloth were in there somewhere with crimson to scarlet to pink, washed dark red and blended. Hair was pretty much just white washed black highlighted white. Face went through a ton of phases but mostly caucasian fleshtone mixed with pink and a touch of burnt sienna, dropped the sienna when highlighting.

Cobbles on the base were greenstuff'd then used matt gel with some burnt umber for dirt, scattered pebbles and grass, after set followed up with some matte varnish and a touch of gloss on the cobbles.

WIP here:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81555-spoilers-sun-class/

Harsh Lighting

Soft Lighting

Base

• By ThirstyBob
      This is the unlocked class with the Sun icon. If you do not want spoilers stop reading now.

---------------------------------------------

I was wanting some c&c, if I could get it, on several areas. The mouth and the base are the main ones, so if anyone has any critique for those that would be helpful. I'm also thinking of highlighting the gold armor a bit more, any thoughts?

• Who's Online   24 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)