Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 6 picture/chatter thread

On 4/1/2018 at 7:00 AM, Glitterwolf said:

@Wyvernfire awesome haul!

That winged demon is a wonderful mini!

The winged demon is "Terathan's sexy demon from a kickstarter in 2013.  There were About 5 in the set, Nicky done but I just wasn't enthused.  Great that if found a proper home!

• Like 6

So not asking anyone in particular *Cough Necromancer Cough* but does anyone have any pictures of stuff they want to share? Anyone. Bueller, Bueller? :poke:

On another note. I am interested in the Summer box. I still have a ton of stuff I would like to share.

• Like 7

Went through the Rob Dean box after it arrived. Picked up a couple things, but overall nothing really said, take me. I'll go through it again, when I re-pack the box to send it out. I will get a new box as this one is pretty saggy.

I hope to get paint on the group mini, but my painting urges right now are pretty dead (no painting since October last year). I'm not gonna hold up the box due to my lack of wanting to paint thou. 

• Like 8

Ok ok after much waiting here are my picks.  Being as this is my 1st BoGW please be honest if you think I took too much. 

20180404_211059.thumb.jpg.14174ffca4957ab0511577f38e525fef.jpg

First the shield maidens

20180404_211348.thumb.jpg.260d07ba6d0cbedbed0937cd40daa715.jpg

Next I took a couple familiars, weapons, an elf casualty, and a hand that I plan on using with a necromancer I am painting. 

20180404_211534.thumb.jpg.76e7b6280a3258e8054437ec8122b09e.jpg

An ork assassin, a Viking/barbarian, and a wizard. 

20180404_211805.thumb.jpg.503cb47ef1aa02378b9404b55fc78bae.jpg

Some wood elves

20180404_212216.thumb.jpg.f7ecbf642667ed8387c4d9baf0fc9dac.jpg

A couple Bones figures, a Reaper Con pass and a sprue that I hacked up but didn't take the actual pieces from (except that one hand).

Please let me know if thats too much.  I had hoped to get this mailed out tomorrow but I had to sign up for an online engineering class through the community college to figure out how to pack the rest of the stuff back in the box.  

Not really I just ran out of packing tape so I will pick some up tomorrow and mail it out to @Thes Hunter on Friday. 

• Like 14

It looks like you did just fine. It is always nice to see someone get a good haul from their box. 

• Like 11

@NecroMancer Could you close the box again?

Did it rattle when you closed it and then shook it?

If it's still full enough not to rattle then you are good to go.

Pest Awful says there is a box waiting for me to pick up, which will happen tomorrow.

I will have time for a quick look see and then have to wait for first of week for a thorough inspection.

I already have stuff prepared to go in.  for starters, a Chronoscope shipping container stuffed to bursting with Chronoscope minis plus some other Cscope goodies that I don't need but feel that somebody else will find a good home for.  Still going through my stuff to see what I wish to send on an odyssey via BoGW.

• Like 11

There is a bigger danger in being too modest with the BOGW then taking too much.

Most people put more in then they take, resulting in a heavy box.

It will be allright!

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

@NecroMancer Could you close the box again?

Did it rattle when you closed it and then shook it?

If it's still full enough not to rattle then you are good to go.

I had to get a new box and still need to grab some tape so I haven't got it packed up yet.  But I tried to close the box so my cat wouldn't get in it, the key word being tried.  This thing is still FULL and I haven't added anything to it yet.  I will get it stuffed and sent out tomorrow.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

I had to get a new box and still need to grab some tape so I haven't got it packed up yet.  But I tried to close the box so my cat wouldn't get in it, the key word being tried.  This thing is still FULL and I haven't added anything to it yet.  I will get it stuffed and sent out tomorrow.

I blame the bag of bones and hero clix that were in there.  When trying to get it all in place I had to jiggle it just a little bit to get them to shift and fall into place so it could close.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, hungerfan said:

I blame the bag of bones and hero clix that were in there.  When trying to get it all in place I had to jiggle it just a little bit to get them to shift and fall into place so it could close.

So... :mellow: I kind of took out the heroclix bag. I saved it so I could add back to the box next go round if there is room. 

• Like 5

I was going to say I didn't see any Heroclix in the box.  Still lots of stuff in there though.

12 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

20180404_211534.thumb.jpg.76e7b6280a3258e8054437ec8122b09e.jpg

Does anyone know what company makes the wizard?  I really like him a lot!

• Like 6

I almost took it out just to have room for actual minis i wanted to put in there.  Decided against it since I would probably have just tossed them.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

I do not. I have had him a good while. I had thought it was Reaper but never looked it up.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

I thought he could be Reaper, and he is.

That is 1412 Wizard of Faith, Hurricane Relief Miniature from 2005.  He is listed as discontinued and out of stock at Miniature Giant.  I couldn't find him listed in the Reaper store or Figure Finder.  I wonder if he would be available for casting at ReaperCon.  I've read that they cast some figures at RC that are otherwise not available.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1