Pochi

Istariel - Judgement

Wow. Really good!

I am quite impressed!

I don't think it is a problem she is leaning. Makes her look dynamic.

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 2

Wow! skincolor and fire/light is absolutely inpressing .. well so is the rest. ..most impressing!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, paintybeard said:

Most Impressive. The OSL on her right hip is particularly good IMHO.

Thank you! That is one of my favorite parts as well! I think I got lucky. After shading and highlighting her skin, I decided to try glazing Reaper Clear Red over that part of her skin. (It is also what I used on her cheeks.) It worked great so I didn't mess with it anymore.

3 hours ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Wow. Really good!

I am quite impressed!

I don't think it is a problem she is leaning. Makes her look dynamic.

Thank you!

There is just a tiny little place to wedge her foot in the base. I couldn't see any other place for her foot to go. After the first glueing, I popped her off and took my hobby knife to the base to smooth it out thinking maybe there was something there. Glued her back in and nope, still leans to the right, grrr! It's not as noticeable in person but now it bothers me. Haha!

2 hours ago, LarsM said:

Wow! skincolor and fire/light is absolutely inpressing .. well so is the rest. ..most impressing!

Thank you! This is the first time I have used a Reaper triad and I am very impressed. I am getting several of the other skin triads because the olive was so nice to work with.

43 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Marvellous!

You leveled up on this one!

Great job!

Thank you! I am pretty proud of her!

• Like 3

Great work.  The skin triads are fantastic.  Olive is particularly great though.  I don't like the fair skin triad though - its *extremely* subtle. I usually use shadowed skin highlight as my fair skin shadow.

• Like 2

I love this!  Really beautiful!

I really like the OSL!  I like that it is subtle and doesn't dominate over the skin tones.

I really need to look into getting some of the skin triads!  They look really nice!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rfusca said:

Great work.  The skin triads are fantastic.  Olive is particularly great though.  I don't like the fair skin triad though - its *extremely* subtle. I usually use shadowed skin highlight as my fair skin shadow.

I am really impressed with the olive. I usually mix my own, which I have always liked, but I wanted to try the triads and the olive was the only one that I could find all 3 at Cancon.

My cart right now is full of flesh colors. It is so hard to tell by the swatches though, several of them in my cart look very similar. Thanks for the heads up on the Fair Skin. When you say too subtle, you mean the 3 are too similar to each other?

7 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

I love this!  Really beautiful!

I really like the OSL!  I like that it is subtle and doesn't dominate over the skin tones.

I really need to look into getting some of the skin triads!  They look really nice!

Thank you!

With the flame wrapping around her, it was hard to decide how much OSL to put on her. I actually printed a photo of her so I could look and see which part of the flame would be casting light since I painted her separate from the base.

I actually didn't know how much I would like the skin triads but I am now a fan! Can't wait to get some of the others, especially the dark skin and the dusky skin.

• Like 1

The mage is absolutely resplendent! Your precision is great, the color palette is outstandingly selected, and the OSL is well placed. 

For C&C, I think the fire itself needs work. There is so much amazing life in the mage that the fire seems almost static. Perhaps a bit more into the nooks and crannies on it would bring it up to match the mage. I really adore her! 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

The mage is absolutely resplendent! Your precision is great, the color palette is outstandingly selected, and the OSL is well placed. 

For C&C, I think the fire itself needs work. There is so much amazing life in the mage that the fire seems almost static. Perhaps a bit more into the nooks and crannies on it would bring it up to match the mage. I really adore her! 

Thank you!

What would you suggest for the fire? I did blending and drybrushing. The drybrushing could be the problem as I don't think I am very good at it. I had white showing through at the bottom but it looked a little weird so I used Clear Yellow to glaze over the white. This is also the first time I have ever done fire so it was a lot of experimentation! I'll take any tips to get better!

• Like 2

well since you asked... you painted the fire the right way, white brightest in center to yellow than red to finally black at the tips. The reason I think it looks "a little" and I do mean a little off is that you approached it as a "line" instead of a complete source. An example to what I'm trying to say is I should see some black tips in the center as well not just at the top of the figure. Fire spreads all directions, for a more three dimensional look. But still think it looks decadent!

Edited by kazmania7
  • Like 3