Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Something I haven't done on the forum before is actually do a WIP that shows me working through the stages on a model. So, to hopefully get my advice and motivation, I will document my progress on Cinder.
As I am normally focused mostly on table-top quality, and rushing through things, this will be a big change for me.
Any advice or criticism appreciated.
Today I have the first layers done. I am going more for a black and purple dragon (think Disney's Sleeping Beauty). The scales will be highlighted with dark purples to still read black but be unified, while the belly and wing membranes will be purple. The first base coat of black/purple has been laid down but my poor photography and really subtle transition are lost in the photos.
Crazy idea that has been floating around my noggin for months now is finally starting to come together. Never done anything like this before so we'll see where this leads.
Cinder, with gaps filled with green stuff. Her legs are a little bent so I can't quite attach her to her base so I'll use the terrain and pin her where she needs to be.
Cinder, 2 hatchlings, some quail eggs and tree bark (rocks) for some of the landscaping. Plan is to have to eggs sitting on a pile of treasure.
Going to hit Michael's to see if I can find a suitable base for it otherwise I'll be using cutting something out of some MDF for the base.
I had thought to make this "tiered" and have an adventurer climbing up in search of the treasure but I decided to reign myself in as it's my first diorama attempt.
Thanks for looking.
when I finally got around to priming cinder I realized I was stuck in a chromatic dragon rut. red, green, black, blue, and white, blah, blah, blah. I asked for advice in that forum and someone suggested that I do it in the maleficent black and purple from the animated sleeping beauty. it sounded like a great idea. and I sat down and found the colors I thought I might like to start out with. pure black, and daemonette hide. sun yellow for the inner mouth and eyes. I plan to was black ink into the skin and scales to cover up any missed white spots. I will wash druchi violet on the inner wing membrane and under scales. the back of the wings will get a coat of nuln oil to darken them and blend the purple and black. here it is them base colors applied. suggestions welcomed. I checked the other forum and it was TGP and Ludo that talked me into this. I feel they should get the blame, ah I mean credit for this. ah yeah credit that's what I meant .
Who's Online 18 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)