Scale 75 Decayed Metal

DSCN8787.JPG

DSCN8788.JPG

DSCN8789.JPG

DSCN8790.JPG

DSCN8791.JPG

DSCN8792.JPG

• Like 16

I was stuck running a game while this was updating, but I finally got a chance to go through everything. These look great, I'm really digging the violin playing skeleton. 

• Thanks 2

Excellent! Really like the rosy shadow.

• Like 2

On 2/11/2018 at 3:20 AM, Rat13 said:

I was stuck running a game while this was updating, but I finally got a chance to go through everything. These look great, I'm really digging the violin playing skeleton. 

Thx!

The set comes with a little sprue with an extra violin, so if one should wish, he could turn the Wraith into a musician as well and leave the banner solo.

19 hours ago, Gargs said:

Excellent! Really like the rosy shadow.

Thx, just a basecoat, this is going to be a gruesome flesh banner.

While I'm working on this, the ideas are flowing.

In the end this will result in a large evil army.

The bulk will be Undead and they will be joined by some Demons and evil warriors and beasts.

Although I will happily include Bones and Resin, the main force will be metal.

I want to include as many older sculpts in here as possible, making it more of an Oldhammer / Realm of Chaos kinda style army.

I just discovered an UK based webshop that carries the older Metal Magic sculpts, since I love their skeletons I will probably order a pack in the near future.

My Undead will be from all over the globe, I figure the real leader behind it all is a powerful Necromancer/Liche or Vampire who has travelled the world and raised the dead wherever he or she fought.

So there will be Undead Samurai in one regiment and Undead Norse in another and so forth.

Evil Dragons and monsters will join them too.

Ahhhh, happy to realize I have yet chosen another theme which will deprive me of my money.

• Like 5

Question

As I mentioned this will be an evil army, bulk will be Undead, allies will be Demons/Chaos/Beasts/Evil Humans etc...

Now each Division ( Cavalry/Infantry/Artillery etc ) will get a General ( A Vampire/Lich/Wight/Necromancer/Demonlord/ Witch etc).

Then each Regiment will get an Officer/Champion and full command.

So all races and types will be represented in some way.

The Supreme leader though...

There has to be ONE mastermind behind it all.

Now I would like your input.

What would you like the Supreme Commander to be?

• Necromancer
  • Vampire
  • Lich
  • Demon

Please tell me what you would choose to be THE Commander of this enormous host of Undead and evil beings from around the world.

The Creature has travelled far and raised the dead / made dark pacts all over the world.

You can also state a preference if it should be a Male or Female Commander.

Let your imagination run wild and tell me who will lead the army and maybe even why he or she does it?

• Like 3

Hard for me to say really without seeing the actual models under consideration. For me, something like this really depends on the model as that can sell the rest of it.

That said, for my personal tastes, the demon part just doesn't seem to excite me as much. Nothing wrong with demons, just that I think something like a lich, vamp, or necromancer might be more interesting and would give the leader the advantage of not being so obvious as he or she goes around the world recruiting said army.

With that said, an excellent entry to all of this might be Vordakai the cyclopean lich. Granted, not as subtle as perhaps a vampire or other necromancer/lich might be but hey, if yer a lich ye can probably change shape too!  :)

Question for you though: Is this army something that you have already largely collected or will you be continually adding to it? Just curious.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gargs said:

Hard for me to say really without seeing the actual models under consideration. For me, something like this really depends on the model as that can sell the rest of it.

That said, for my personal tastes, the demon part just doesn't seem to excite me as much. Nothing wrong with demons, just that I think something like a lich, vamp, or necromancer might be more interesting and would give the leader the advantage of not being so obvious as he or she goes around the world recruiting said army.

With that said, an excellent entry to all of this might be Vordakai the cyclopean lich. Granted, not as subtle as perhaps a vampire or other necromancer/lich might be but hey, if yer a lich ye can probably change shape too!  :)

Question for you though: Is this army something that you have already largely collected or will you be continually adding to it? Just curious.

First of all, I tend to agree about the leader needing to be an Undead creature, I will use Demons as allies and lesser commanders, but I like to keep the option open.

Orcus comes to mind for example.

Vordakai is in my collection he will be incorporated in some way.

As for your question..YES.

I do have a vast collection of Undead and other Evil things.

And yes I will keep adding to it as I see fit.

As said, I might include Bones and modern minis, but I would like to give it an Oldschool vibe.

There will be lesser Generals.

Picture this:

One Lord/ Lady ( yet to be determined) leads them all.

From each region of the world evil beings gathered under the banner and follow.

So there will be an Undead Daimyo leading an an army of Undead Nippon Soldiers, an Asian Dragon tags along.

Norse Maurauders and Undead come from the snowy wastes, lead by an evil warlord.

From the crypts of the Old World a Vampire leads an Undead force with werewolves and gargoyles in tow.

A Voodoo Master from the dark jungles of Africa leads zombies and ghouls etc etc...

The leader has been around for centuries so Undead from all periods ( Ancient to late Medieval) might be present.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 2

Sounds cool! I did think of Orcus, was just thinking for my personal taste I preferred something more subtle as I think the enemy you don't notice can be far scarier than the obvious one. BUT its not my army. ;P

Regardless, this sounds very cool and can't wait to see more!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gargs said:

Sounds cool! I did think of Orcus, was just thinking for my personal taste I preferred something more subtle as I think the enemy you don't notice can be far scarier than the obvious one. BUT its not my army. ;P

Regardless, this sounds very cool and can't wait to see more!

I was looking for an excuse to paint all of my Non-Egyptian Undead ( those are in my Lost World already) and Chaos things.

When I'm done it will be like several smaller armies tied together to form a huge coalition of evil.

Maybe I should have named this thread The Dark Alliance instead of Children of the Grave..but it stuck..it is a song from Black Sabbath and I found it suitable,..

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I was looking for an excuse to paint all of my Non-Egyptian Undead ( those are in my Lost World already) and Chaos things.

When I'm done it will be like several smaller armies tied together to form a huge coalition of evil.

Maybe I should have named this thread The Dark Alliance instead of Children of the Grave..but it stuck..it is a song from Black Sabbath and I found it suitable,..

If you include enough things that really don't go together you will blow the theme of your Lost World.

Egyptians, Africans, Japanese, Pirates...they could all be lead by an undead Napoleon & defending

the Eiffel Tower. Start a separate project  or projects. You don't have to lump everything together. You

are young enough to see a few different major projects to completion. 

Addendum: I thought I was posting to your Lost World Thread...Oops, but it still hold true. A collection of

all sorts of Undead would be interesting, but not if you try to tie them all together. Having a Van Helsing

style Vampire Slayer travelling the World hunting down all the various types of Deadites might work.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, malefactus said:

If you include enough things that really don't go together you will blow the theme of your Lost World.

Egyptians, Africans, Japanese, Pirates...they could all be lead by an undead Napoleon & defending

the Eiffel Tower. Start a separate project  or projects. You don't have to lump everything together. You

are young enough to see a few different major projects to completion. 

Addendum: I thought I was posting to your Lost World Thread...Oops, but it still hold true. A collection of

all sorts of Undead would be interesting, but not if you try to tie them all together. Having a Van Helsing

style Vampire Slayer travelling the World hunting down all the various types of Deadites might work.

Thx Al!

I appreciate it!

So, this will be a Gothic Medieval Style Undead Horde then, with a few Demon/Evil Human allies/slaves.

I will keep the Undead Samurai separate into their own thread then.

Thx for the advice!

• Like 3

Thanks for taking it in the spirit it was intended. I have A LOT of minis in The Vault that just don't work with what I am doing with The Last Hurrah.

In my case I also know that I will never get to paint all the minis; SO leaving them or giving them away doesn't seem so bad..

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, malefactus said:

Thanks for taking it in the spirit it was intended. I have A LOT of minis in The Vault that just don't work with what I am doing with The Last Hurrah.

In my case I also know that I will never get to paint all the minis; SO leaving them or giving them away doesn't seem so bad..

I tend to get carried away sometimes so a bit of advice from a friend is always welcome!

Evil Gothic Oldschool Undead horde with a few allies coming up.

• Like 4

Reaper Stained Ivory

Scale 75 Antares Red

Reaper NMM Gold Highlight

Scale 75 Decay Black

DSCN8817.JPG

DSCN8818.JPG

• Like 13