Sign in to follow this  

77511: Xiloxoch, Naga

Here is a miniature i am working on.

My plan is to paint it like a queen from a playing card. I am thinking of calling it a queen snake.

• Like 14

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      This is Reaper's 60164: Vampire Hunter, as she is rather innocently called. She is remarkably armed and armored. I think she is from Pathfinder, and I am sure there is some story there.
      There is no WIP thread.
      Comments and critiques are, as always, welcomed.

• By Pingo
      This is the female vampire hunter, BFM MLS008 from Bad Squiddo Games.
      There is no WIP thread.
      As always, comments and critiques are welcome.
      I painted her up as a Latina because something about her outfit felt a little Spanish Baroque to me.

• By bailey03
      This past weekend I started painting Brom, the 54mm scale dwarf from Enigma. The sculpt has got a mix of equipment and, to be honest, I'm not even sure what all of it is. It gives him a lot of character, but presents some challenges with the painting. I've been putting a lot of thought into how I want to approach the piece and finally decided to pick a color scheme and let that tie the figure together.
      I started with the face. Considering most of it is hidden by the hair, the beard feels almost as important as the rest of the face.  I used a mix of Reaper's Ruddy Leather, Secret Weapon's Orange Rust, and Reaper's Burnt Orange and Fair Skin Highlight.  I find the light skin tones are nice for highlighting hair, I'd do the same with brown hair.  For the blood stained cloth on his head, I used a mix of Carnage Red and Walnut Brown.  I wanted it to be darker near the center, so more brown, and the moving to pure red near the boundaries.  I applied the red as a glaze over the white cloth to give it the right look.  Instead of using the well palette that I'd normally turn to for glazes, I ended up mixing them directly on my wet palette.  Normally that produces a mess, but I used a bit of paint and then added a bunch of matte medium (plus a little water).  The matte medium is thick, so it creates the right transparency without causing the glaze to flow all over the palette.  Then I then it down slightly with water for a consistency that's easier to paint with.  The effect is the same as a regular glaze, but since it's on the wet palette it's easier for me to mix paints and create different colored glazes.  It's also easy to vary the consistency/transparency by changing up the ratio of matte medium and paint.  So I can quickly make a section more opaque and another more transparent.  Not something I do for all glazes, for in situations like this it's a nice option to have in my tool kit.

And here's the full figure.  Still a lot left to paint!

• By Sae
      FANTASY FOOTBALL - Florence's Knights: Bretonans and Humans by Greebo Games
      The Bretonans miniatures look good for gaming: knights (one has something precious you could repurpose), town guards, and townsfolk.
      The Imperial team looks football only.
    • By GodOfCheese
      I just realized that I'd been painting but had not posted any of them. :-)
      I like this mini, but I often struggled with the impression that she was putting her head on for the day. :-)
      Painting her was fun, but I had a lot of problems with her mold lines, and she came out very muddy in some ways.  

• Who's Online   14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)