Sign in to follow this  
buckyball

77511: Xiloxoch, Naga

Here is a miniature i am working on.

wip1.jpg.b30e748b3c7ea20ae6680a9838ae62be.jpg

My plan is to paint it like a queen from a playing card. I am thinking of calling it a queen snake.

Queen-of-Hearts.jpg.3c7f3cf9f4fe35a12bd0c0a778e19c1e.jpg

buckyball

• Like 15

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BruceDuty
      I was asked to create a chess set using fantasy figs, and here are some of the figs I used from Reaper.  It was fun but 32 figures is a lot of work!  Let me know what you think.
      Used 60022: Karzoug, Runelord of Greed , 02582: Queen of High Elves, 02525: Murkillor, Wraith King ,  60075: King Castruccio Irovetti , 89013: Ezren, Iconic Wizard, 77496: Eilluvasheth, Succubus Queen

• By Chris Palmer
      This past week, I painted Kassandra of the Blade from the Bones 3 Core Set.   A couple weeks ago, I found myself painting up a Disney Monopoly Snow White figure to command a unit of Dwarf Miners (Long story you can read about here: Princess Snow), and I was really struck by the simple but effective primary color scheme of Snow White's outfit.  I immediately decided I wanted to paint a Bones female fighter figure with the same palette.

So, I pawed through my boxes of unpainted Bones, and fell upon Kassandra of the Blade as the most suitable of what I had.    The one thing I didn't like about her was the dual-wielding of swords.  So I decided to chop off her left hand and replace it before I started painting her.
            Then came the decision of what to replace it with.  I considered a shield for a while, then in looking through my box of Bones transplant donors I came across Sarah the Seeress, whose staff had gone to make my Highland Heroine into a Frostgrave Appentice, leaving her with just her left hand holding an orb of some sort. At first I thought, no, why would Snow White be holding a crystal ball; but then it hit me: paint it like an apple.      So it was an easy matter to cut off Kssandra's left hand at the wrist and glue on Sarah's hand with the orb.

And here's the final result.  I'm really happy with how it turned out, and probably it's one of the best faces I've done to date.

Fhttp://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2018/07/kassandra-of-blade-bones-3-figure.htmlull painting article on my blog:  
    • By Pochi
      Has anyone seen a little girl wearing a red hood and carrying a picnic basket? Asking for a friend!

Here is my version of the Bones werewolf. He is a very beefy guy and was fun to paint. Since I was painting all of my wolfish figures, I tried to give them a mix of colors. This guy got the same fur treatment that I did on my warg. I need a few more "normal" wolves for my pack and will probably do at least one white. For now, I have finished all of the ones that I own. I had a good time painting them but am ready to paint something that doesn't have fur!

• By Pochi
      I have gone through my "hoard of unpainted things" and painted all of my wolf and wolf-like critters. This one is the Death Dog from Bones 3. I am really glad I did the Kickstarter because I ended up with so many minis I have enjoyed painting that I probably would not have purchased otherwise. This is one of them. Not that there is anything wrong with him, I think I would have gone for a regular wolf or werewolf before going for a two-headed wolf. However, he is going to have fun chomping adventurers!

So in addition to the warg and winter wolf that I already painted, I did this one, a werewolf, and the dread wolves that came with the cemetery set. All of them are the Bones versions.

• By ThirstyBob
      This is the unlocked class with the Sun icon. If you do not want spoilers stop reading now.

---------------------------------------------

I was wanting some c&c, if I could get it, on several areas. The mouth and the base are the main ones, so if anyone has any critique for those that would be helpful. I'm also thinking of highlighting the gold armor a bit more, any thoughts?

• Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)