• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Painting Miniatures
      whoo this one took me 10 hours, likely because I am still new at this. Now, I know I could of just painted it as this pretty copper dragon and been happy with that. But this miniature is intended for a random encounter in a D&D campaign where the party encounters the dragon broken up into several dozen pieces then is encouraged to take it home with them and start trying to repair it. Thus the less than perfect paint job, the dirt so on so forth as the pieces are supposed to be dirty. I thought the wings turned out interesting with the black wash.

• By Cygnwulf
      Everyone, meet Viridius.  

He's a hefty boi.  No Ma'al or Kalladrax, but still pretty big. He doesn't even fit in my light box, as you can see.   
      I've thought a long time about how I was going to paint him up, I don't think I'm going to go with the standard green dragon look.  Instead I'm going to take my inspiration from the time of year, and make him an autumn forest dragon, whose coloration changes with the forest around him.   So I'll be doing him in mostly golden yellows to oranges and reds, but keeping some greenish tones as the base of scales and other places, to kind of give a reminder of the verdent glory he was before.

One thing I'm choosing to see as an opportunity is that the tops of his wings are very smooth, ideal for some freehand work.  The question is, what to do?  Some kind of leaf like pattern, or perhaps a butterfly like eye pattern (in the leaf colors, of course)

Out of the box bag he was in pretty good shape.  The usual mold line cleanup, though he has some gaps that will need to be filled.  I followed up with reshaping the wings a little with some boiling water.  I forgot to get a complete before picture, but below you can see the before and after for the right wing

I've had to fully assemble him, I don't like the way the wing joins look without greenstuff, so that's going to be the first order of business.  So painting around the wings might be a chore, but it's nothing I haven't dealt with before (Although, not in recent history)

I begain the gapfill on the right side, but after sticking a finger in greenstuff twice and having to flip him back to touch up the texture, I decided to call it a night and do the left side gaps later.

• By Kangaroorex
      I Don't have much to go on with this dragon.  its another one that has been sitting half finished on my shelf forever.  the bottom has some script on the bottom that looks like FWS and an 8.  other than that I don't have any clue where it comes from. 

but I finally dusted the mini off, freshened up the red (It was becoming a pink dragon) and decided to display it here.  hope everyone enjoys!

• By Kangaroorex
      What else to finish off the month of January but another dragon from my shelf of shame?  This is Ollie.  Ollie is from Impact miniatures and is supposed to be a mascot for one of the bloodbowl teams.  Tom Acquired the license to produce him and I got a copy.  I used him to test a number of different red effects and styles while working on another, bigger dragon.  The skills may not have panned out like I wanted but Ollie still came out pretty well and deserved to be finished and shown off.  Pictures are still with a phone camera but at least I got to my light box!  So without further ado:

• By Pingo
      I thought I had a WIP thread for her, but apparently not. I know I posted a half-done photo of her once, long ago. At any rate, here is a blast from the past and my past as well, the long-languishing Reaper 59037, Deadlands Noir Femme Fatale, sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

And because I like to play around with backgrounds:

• Who's Online   32 Members, 1 Anonymous, 62 Guests (See full list)