• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LittleBluberry
      From the Kickstarter page:
      The Basius Max collection is a DOUBLE SIDED series of large solid purple resin pads, full of jaw-dropping hand-sculpted negatively recessed texture

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/984996675/basius-max?ref=friends_launched

Basius stamps are one of the most talked about hobby tools that I've never tried, mainly because they never seem to make it to retail.  This time I'm not letting frugality get in the way of awesome bases!  
    • By Rat13
      I've made no secret about my opinions on Games Workshop. Though my painting box is full of their miniatures they were always bought second and sometimes third hand (I never wanted GW to get any of my money). Even my previous Cadians were bought from my local games store that has no affiliation with GW (I also know those sets and blisters came with the business when it was bought almost twenty years ago). Now I find myself in the unique position of building a Cadian army.

My wife and I used to play weekly in D&D Adventure League but with the birth of our first child it looks like that won't be possible (We want to continue gaming at our current store but its a bit of drive and the kid is at the rolling stage so she doesn't want to be held or sit in her seat; she wants to be on the floor and we all know what gameshop floors are like). I've offered to watch the child so she can go or to switch off each week but she only wants to go together. Gaming together has always been part of our relationship, and she doesn't want to lose that. I couldn't agree more, its good to share a hobby with your spouse.

That's when our friends started trying to recruit us to play Warhammer 40K with them. At first I was resistant but our friends get together often to play and in our area its always possible to find a game (Depending on the size it can be played fairly quickly in comparison to D&D too). After some discussion we decided 40K would give me something to paint, but it would also give us both something to play and eventually something to play together.

Which brings us to this new project. Since I figured watching me assemble miniatures would be pretty boring I'm starting this thread right before I prime them. So here is most of my assembled starter set (I've got quite a few cheap sets of bits arriving over the next couple weeks and I'm not exactly sure what unit I'd like to create next so that's why I have so many unfinished figures).

I'm still not a big fan of GW but having an excuse to see our friends more often is pretty nice. In a way we're kinda trading one gaming group for another (that sounds pretty mean but I think you understand what I'm saying).
    • By wickedshifty
      I painted this guy and he seemed like a real ambitious little skeleton. So I had a base I had started for a different project, but ultimately decided not to use, and he seemed worthy and I liked the rocks he came standing on anyways...

• By SamuraiJack
      About

There are many companies who make flocking materials, but not many in North America who cater to a gaming audience. My goal is to allow for a varied range of colors that accommodate specific types of terrain, and that complement the environment where your game takes place. Huge Miniatures is the culmination of 6 months of experimentation, in an attempt to make the highest quality of scenic flock and basing materials.
      I've figured out an efficient method for creating realistic foliage, with a range of colors and blends that allows itself to bring your miniatures, role playing campaign or battlefield to life. I'm pleased to share my ideas with you and I hope you can find a place on your table for exciting new terrain!
      A bunch of foam ready to be dyed Some of the colors I've experimented with  
      I wanted to create a more realistic looking foliage without using sawdust, which in my opinion just looks like dyed sawdust. I've experimented with different varieties of foam, and methods of shaping it to resemble foliage. Using foam also allows for the creation of blends containing multiple colors that all stand out and complement each other. After months, I've come across a process that I'm incredibly pleased with. 

I chose a set of colors that can find use in historic, fantasy, and sci-fi environments. Both the loose foliage and 2mm static grass can find use when basing miniatures, and building terrain.
      Great for grass, tufts, trees, bushes, shrubs, weeds, ground cover, and more!

• By Dr.Bedlam
      Need to work on my basing. Still, I don't think this little Hasslefree piece came out TOO badly.

Cavewoman stock Hasslefree, from the recent kickstarter; dinosaur, a slightly altered plastic dino I got on clearance at Hobby Lobby; Reaper base; GF9 static grass, with flowers scavenged from a Box Of Goodwill. The tree was the hard part; I needed a prehistoric looking giant conifer, so I started with a metal rod, coated with greenstuff, and began sculpting up, layer by later, with no small effort...  I'm a far worse sculptor than even I think I am... and finally, after completion, I layer painted it with a variety of browns...

...and then threw it in the trash and substituted a pine sprout from the yard instead. Sometimes the old ways are the best.
  • Who's Online   40 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)