SGHawkins09

Wizard of a Different Sort: Conversion of 77068 Anirion

You did a wonderful Job, SGH, in both planning and executing this great piece of imagination.

You really deserved the gold medal and Open Silver Sophie. I mean - the force is strong in this one.

Once again I can only say: I'd absolutely buy it for my showcase. She'd be the Solo piece. And absolute Skywalker ...

Wait. Normally I am with the Empire, so all those puns don't make any sense.

Anyway: Great work!

May the 4th be with you.

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 3

So elfin cool! :winkthumbs:

That hallway base adds an immersive feel to this one. I like your job on the OSL, especially the saber's shadow on her hood, but her robes are the real show stopper. Your painting technique gives them such a soft pillowy look to them. Lovely.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

You did a wonderful Job, SGH, in both planning and executing this great piece of imagination.

You really deserved the gold medal and Open Silver Sophie. I mean - the force is strong in this one.

Once again I can only say: I'd absolutely buy it for my showcase. She'd be the Solo piece. And absolute Skywalker ...

Wait. Normally I am with the Empire, so all those puns don't make any sense.

Anyway: Great work!

May the 4th be with you.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, paintybeard said:

Very good in every way. Nice photos too.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

So elfin cool! :winkthumbs:

That hallway base adds an immersive feel to this one. I like your job on the OSL, especially the saber's shadow on her hood, but her robes are the real show stopper. Your painting technique gives them such a soft pillowy look to them. Lovely.

Thanks! Sadly I cannot claim credit for the saber’s shadow on the hood, it’s not painted on but the actual shadow from the blade.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DocPiske
      So here are a few of the Bones weapon sprue conversions I've done.

14069 Sir Malcolm, metal figure, opaque gray hammer.

(Please forgive the chipped paint; this one has been done for a while and used in games.)

77413 Margara, Bones figure, clear red hammer.

77417 Ivar, Bones figure, clear red hammer. As a side note to anyone who is looking to paint this figure, the detail on the chain mail is very shallow.

And a Wizards of the Coast Renegade Warlock, plastic figure, clear purple staff.

All in all, easy conversions. I'm looking forward to doing some with the swords and shields.
    • By MojoBob
      89023: Balazar, Iconic Summoner by Bobby Jackson

I assume this figure is meant to be a gnome; he's very short for a human, and he's lacking the beard of a dwarf.
      I find painting yellows and oranges very difficult. They tend to be colours with very low opacity, and getting an even coverage requires several coats.
    • By Evilhalfling
      In response to a local club challenge, I painted this dwarf in 3 colors chosen by a computer program.
      written by @SirLarpsAlot

Golden Yelllow, Winter Blue and Leather Brown + B&W 

edit, I do need to fix that eye... 

• By HuyDucTran
      Hi all, I'm not sure if this has ever been discussed, but does anyone know if Reaper has ever discussed/considered making the Bones ground sculpts that support the miniature the perfect circumference to be flush for 1" or 2" or 3" for RPG bases? Even for just the smaller miniatures that would fit 1" or 2" bases and not the large-sized ones?

It seems like there would be a big portion of the market that would love a miniature you don't have to do special basing for besides supergluing it to a base considering how great some of the sculpted ground looks already. Basing miniatures by removing the nice ground sculpts from Reaper or trying to figure out how to obscure/blend in the sculpted ground is one of my biggest pet peeves about this hobby and I feel like there must be others who feel the same.

• By planetmut
      I picked this up to paint for my girlfriend as Lon reminds me of her dog Erebus. He was fun to paint, although looking at the photo I can see a lot of flash I missed. As Erebus is female I probably should have done Lon's trousers in pink or the same teal shade as Erebus's collar and leash.

• Who's Online   32 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)