SGHawkins09

Wizard of a Different Sort: Conversion of 77068 Anirion

You did a wonderful Job, SGH, in both planning and executing this great piece of imagination.

You really deserved the gold medal and Open Silver Sophie. I mean - the force is strong in this one.

Once again I can only say: I'd absolutely buy it for my showcase. She'd be the Solo piece. And absolute Skywalker ...

Wait. Normally I am with the Empire, so all those puns don't make any sense.

Anyway: Great work!

May the 4th be with you.

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 3

So elfin cool! :winkthumbs:

That hallway base adds an immersive feel to this one. I like your job on the OSL, especially the saber's shadow on her hood, but her robes are the real show stopper. Your painting technique gives them such a soft pillowy look to them. Lovely.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

You did a wonderful Job, SGH, in both planning and executing this great piece of imagination.

You really deserved the gold medal and Open Silver Sophie. I mean - the force is strong in this one.

Once again I can only say: I'd absolutely buy it for my showcase. She'd be the Solo piece. And absolute Skywalker ...

Wait. Normally I am with the Empire, so all those puns don't make any sense.

Anyway: Great work!

May the 4th be with you.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, paintybeard said:

Very good in every way. Nice photos too.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

So elfin cool! :winkthumbs:

That hallway base adds an immersive feel to this one. I like your job on the OSL, especially the saber's shadow on her hood, but her robes are the real show stopper. Your painting technique gives them such a soft pillowy look to them. Lovely.

Thanks! Sadly I cannot claim credit for the saber’s shadow on the hood, it’s not painted on but the actual shadow from the blade.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ChristopherGeorge
      Hi Guys,

Just a quick update from my Do-To List.  Pretty straight foward, light base coat, heavy wash, dry brush highlights.  Let me know what you think :)

• By Pochi
      Here is the Sphinx from Bones 3. She was fun to paint with lots of little details. She has the prettiest face and since she is a little larger, there was lots of room to practice facial features.

Hope my players are good at riddles!

The color on the photos is a little "off" and everything appears a bit more yellow than it actually is. My batteries were dying in my camera so I was trying to hurry and didn't realize the color was slightly off.

C&C welcome! Thanks for looking!

• By scalehunter
      Hi, I have decided to attempt to improve my painting ability by painting my way through h the reaper 3 core set. I will attempt to update weekly and am welcome to tips and critiques as the goal is to improve what I can do as I go.  
      this first batch includes 2 variations of lizard folk 77426 77154, a yeti 77436, a Giant Cobra 77321, and an elite Hobgoblin 77477. My first specific request for help is the use of unusual colors. I feel that I too often use mainly greys and browns, the lizard folk are a good example of one being a little more bland but realistic but the other allows for using colors I wouldn't be able to justify otherwise. I really struggle picking out colors for capes and armors as these end up looking either out of place or way to bland and boring. do you have any ways of choosing when to reach out with bright colors and when to be more reserved? I hope to use responses here to mold future paint jobs for next week. Thanks Guys CC welcome

• By Baldur8762
      Last year my life became so chaotic that I stopped painting for several months.  After painting prolifically over the summer, my fall semester sucked out my soul and nothing brought me joy.  Thankfully that painful semester is behind me, and now I can devote more time to hobbies and happiness.  However, I felt nervous about starting again (don't know why) and I struggled to put paint to brush. I decided that what I needed was a crash course in painting and a Pathfinder campaign I just started needed skeletons. So I jumped in and decided to do a quick paint job on these four minis. I spent perhaps an hour total on each from start to finish. I know these are not spectacular, and I know that I cannot dry-brush for the life of me, but I am happy overall with the result. I am proud of these little guys simply because I FINALLY got back to painting and now I feel more desire to paint.  Comments and critiques are truly welcome! It's great to be back!!!!!!

P.S. The package said it was supposed to come with three, but there were four! 

• By Schirf
      These were supposed to be quick paints but somehow I still managed to take near 3 weeks to finish them. Really like the Bandits but thought they needed a little ranged fire power, so I added a couple of old GW archers to the gang.

Now they just need a catchy name...

• Who's Online   39 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)