Beautiful job on this old classic! The face and the gems are top notch! This is a small figure as well so extra points for that! Can’t wait to see your other 38 when they get finished!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is so enjoyable, I just want to comment on it twice!  Question, for his cloak, did you get the impression that it was feathers, armor, or something different?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

This is so enjoyable, I just want to comment on it twice!  Question, for his cloak, did you get the impression that it was feathers, armor, or something different?

I decided it was meant to be scales.  He is holding a sea shell in his hand and has a brooch that looked like a whale tooth.  That is why I chose the sea blue colours with the warm red-orange cloak to make the contrast in the blues feel deeper.  The orange cloak also helps the orange gems pop out more.  

Thanks for you question and positive comments!

• Like 2

I need to paint a figure for someone in my game group who has CryoHydra armor (offers protection from cold) from a Cryo Hydra that we killed and dressed and then paid to have her armor custom crafted.

I am bookmarking this because it is EXACTLY what i hope my armor will end up looking like

Thanks for the inspiration!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

The colors are really nice, not going to lie 

I'm trying to get better at colour selection so thanks very much.  I'm using a colour wheel to help guide my decisions.

• Like 2

On 2/15/2018 at 1:59 PM, Geoff Davis said:

I'm trying to get better at colour selection so thanks very much.  I'm using a colour wheel to help guide my decisions.

Your color wheel seems to be doing the trick! Keep using it!

• Like 1

If you feel like having some fun, google Sessions College Color Calculator.  It's a digital color wheel that helps select all sorts of different color harmonies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

So how’s Your shelf of shame going? 

Pretty good.  Down to only 15 projects as of the start of June.  I'm focussed on all new projects now though.  No doubt the shelf of shame will grow to humongous size again soon.  

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all,
      another Shadowrun figure I just finished working on, a Tom Meier piece, Shadowrun Female Street Samurai with Gun.  There is also a male version of this gal that I'll be painting one of these days in the near future. With the rest of the Shadowrun figures I've done recently, I've done lots of vivid colors and makeup, but this lady looked a little more military-ish to me, so I kept her with a natural hair color, a white tank top and some military green shorts.  I just did a very single colored base that I might afterwards actually mount onto a plastic base, not sure about that.

It's kind of weird the glaring errors you don't notice until you get these hugely closeup photos, like the seam on her weapons side.  Oh well, when you look at her head one you don't really notice it I guess.  This hobby is just a continuous learning process!  So anyhow, hope you enjoy, even if you can see tons of imperfections!
    • By 72moonglum
      So I'm working on a set of four, some Meta-Human Subtypes and got this one done first, a female gnome Rigger or Decker.  As always, so hard to decide on colors. When I think gnomes I think of either lots of colors or just nature colors, so went with some pretty strong bright shades I think, and blue hair with that cyberpunk vibe that Shadowrun has.  After this one, there's a male gnome, a cyclops and a hobgoblin with a mohawk, so hope to get those going soon as well.o

When I took her off the balsa wood base I paint my figures on, a little bit of the paint came off the back of the base I can see now, so I'll eventually touch that up.  This little lady is pretty small, a gnome lass in a 25 mm world, so she's not too big at all. If ever I remember I'll take a picture of her against a coin for reference.

• By Sanael
      Ok! The last weekend of my last show of 2018 is coming up, and the weather is turning cold, so I will have neither script nor sun to keep me from my desk during lunch. Which means I'll be painting!

As I did last year, I'll be keeping a series of WiP threads for my lunch session projects.

First up on the docket this year are three minis that are *this* close to being done already.

The first was my test for plaid for one of my lunch session threads last year. She's a Wizkids barmaid, and she just had a few finishing touches:

Also in the batch is another leftover from an old WiP, the Ral Partha Couatl. Mostly I just need to do the base on this one, but some touching up is necessary on the wings as well.

And finally is a modification of Reaper's Veronica Blaze. I swapped her weapons for lightsabers and gave her lekku a very long time ago, at least eight years. But this Jedi Twi'lek is ready for some quick and dirty OSL so I can call her done.

Here's the checklist of stuff for each.

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening everybody,

so my Shadowrun quest goes on, and I just finished the last of a quartet of street mages.  I think I'm enjoying these because the color schemes are different than I usually use, and I don't feel at all odd about painting different and punky hair colors with the game and the figures conceptualized by in the eighties and nineties.

Anyways, here's another street mage, and Elven Combat Mage, hope you enjoy!
  • Who's Online   24 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)