SamuraiJack

ShipWorks 3d Printable Ship Terrain

About

Over a year ago we started looking at beginning a High-Seas Adventure D&D campaign. However, we wanted to kick it up a notch (or five).

So, we began looking for a great set of 3d Dungeon tiles to help bring the adventures to life for our players. We wanted something that was customizable, beautiful to look at, and was playable terrain. We also didn't want to spend $100 per ship. We realized that customizable didn’t really exist- we had to *choose* if we wanted beauty, or a slim amount of customization. Not to mention that the costs were extreme per ship.. We couldn’t put together a fleet of different ships if we wanted to without breaking the bank.

Being an Indy designer- Chris decided to start working on something better, and finally- after seeing friends and family reactions to the initial prototype- ShipWorks began becoming a reality.

Shipworks is modular. What this means is that from the hull to the masts and everywhere in between- you have the freedom to design and print the sailing ship that you want. Not just another generic template, but your minds eye brought to life.

The ships seen table time ;-) The ships seen table time ;-)

Details and customization is also inside.. Details and customization is also inside..

ShipWorks is also fully usable terrain- to scale with miniatures common to some of the oldest and greatest table top roleplaying games. Your miniatures can traverse the rigging shrouds and masts, climb ladders and stairs, and explore above or even below decks.

Captain checking the rigging as a swab runs up to the wheel Captain checking the rigging as a swab runs up to the wheel

c423844645bd3851332b9c4b6cd84179_origina

Even our yard-arms are functional terrain- 25mm miniatures bases slide in with ease, and stay there- even when turned upside down!

Upside down can be right side up- depending on perspective. Upside down can be right side up- depending on perspective.

With ShipWorks you get to choose:

• The length of your ship.

• Adjust the width of the ship.

• Your prows appearance, and even the figurehead that adorns it!

• Add more (or less) masts and their length! No messy shaping of wood dowels (unless you’re into that). Add a crows nest or viewing platform.

• A host of customizations to change your hull. From the number of weapons ports to fight off enemies, to creature comforts like windows for passenger cabins. Even sleek flat hull panels for showing off your more merchant elite!

• How you want your sails, from classic square to sharp looking lateen triangles.  If you change your mind- change them on the fly! 

• Your stern-castle and fore-castle (or have neither Captain!)

b1fe67c1e4d3c66aae6d8f48068b296e_origina

• 86c1aea67c2fc674cdff89d3446b664a_origina

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, ChaoticBlues said:

Makes me start thinking of getting a 3d Printer.

Indeed!

Hey everyone! Chris with the Dragon Workshop here- if you have any questions, let me know!

We just had Larry "The Grypon King" Dixon join us as a Guest Star Artist wanting to contribute a ship design stretch goal :-)

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:13 PM, kristof65 said:

The first stl file project that I've been willing to pitch in for. 

Thank you Kristof! You won't be disappointed!

From Larry Dixon's concept art - to in hand, went well I think. Everything so far printed at 20% infill, and .2mm layer height in brown Esun PLA then given a quick black wash.

20180304_112517.jpg

20180304_112544.jpg

20180304_113336.jpg

20180305_122455.jpg

20180305_122513 (1).jpg

redgryphonpartial_042a.jpg

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

This looks great... but no 3d printer. Oh well. One day my prints will come...

Fixed that for you.

^_^

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Preview of the dragon turtle - An above water, and water edged version will be available. The dragon turtle will be hollow shelled, and a bit modular to help with increasing or decreasing size. Please note it is a WIP digital sculpt, and details will only improve. This is NOT the final pose.

dRAGON tURTLE DRAFT.png

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      About
      Rough-and-Tumble is a board game for your 3d printer. Rough-and-Tumble is a board game with a new and unique game mechanic: a game of chess with hexagonal boxes. You will choose between four teams: dwarves and orcs, from the first edition of the game (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crosslances/rough-and-trumble-the-first-3d-self-printable-boar/description) Chaos and high elves introduced in this game expansion. It's also possible to play Rough-and-Tumble with the only expansion, the two editions can be used separately from one another.

The game is featured by movement limitations, dependent on the occupied box. Every character has special abilities, making the game tricky and engaging!
       Here come some map preview. Also available in vectorial to be printed in any dimension.

It's not a normal board game that you buy and put on a shelf, this is a game for your 3D printer! By buying this, you will receive files to print miniatures, map and markers, directly by your own 3D printers, while cozy at home!

-if you already own a 3D printer, it's cheap and also funny, you will print unique and incredible quality models.  -If you don't own a 3D printer, it can be an opportunity to buy one! Costs for a printer are already low and accessible to anyone. You can still use a service like: 3D hub, shapeways, or any other that the net are crowding.   -No shipping cost! Anywhere in the universe, you just download the files and print!  -You can print it as many times as you want, for you and your friends.  -You can decide any printing dimension, from miniatures to real size titan sculptures!  - You can use these miniature for other games, as proxyes in games like ninth age or fantasy football.
    • By SamuraiJack
      About
      "The Forest of Oakenspire",  a brand-new tabletop fantasy RPG project including 3D-printable terrain & accessories, battle maps, and more!
      Explore ancient tree strongholds and soar through the branches above on modular airships!
      What is this project all about?
      Welcome to our first Kickstarter! This project aims to bring a brand-new, uniquely-themed set of 3D models, and other  resources, to your gaming tabletop to inspire your players, and drive countless hours of adventure. 
      There are two main categories for this project: the tree strongholds of Oakenspire (with multiple levels of playable space and secrets to discover), and modular airships you can customize for various encounters among the trees–or anywhere else!
      Additionally, there will be supplemental content to help spur your imagination, including a PDF with adventure hooks and encounter ideas, along with unique, 2D-printable battle maps that coordinate with the 3D printed components!
      Community created & inspired
      Initially I started this project as a solo-mission, creating 3D printable models - but it has since taken on a life of it's own and expanded well beyond my initial goals. I am one of many creators who has turned a hobby into something more, and there are countless others like me who have done the same. As I continued to meet more and more of these creators, I began feeling a burning desire to work with, and feature the work of, as many as possible and build a project that touches all the areas of tabletop RPG gaming that I love!
      To that end, this project includes supplemental materials, produced specifically for this Kickstarter, from the amazing work of 6 other individual creators who have chosen to participate and be featured - ranging from 2D battle map artists, to illustrators, writers, software developers, and other 3D modelers. They are mentioned related to their work throughout this Kickstarter description, but there is a complete list (and links to their respective pages) at the end. I also plan on featuring many of them and their work on this Kickstarter through various updates during the campaign. Be sure to take a look!
      Modular Airships
      I have worked to create what I hope are some of the most modular, dynamic, and beautifully designed airships to have graced tabletop gaming to date. You can customize and print your own unique airship for your players to explore your worlds, or assemble a diverse, powerful armada to rule the skies! 
      The airship body prints in individual sections that require no support, connect together with OpenLOCK clips, and will fit on the build plate of most commercial at-home 3D printers. Two options exist for the style and power of your airship: steam-powered or magical. Various wing, turbine, fin, sail, and decor customization options are also included. The airship is designed to use 5x1mm disc magnets to quickly change out the main and rear wings and fins (or just glue in place if you don't need modularity). A rock base, multiple variations of bottom fins, and 8mm acrylic rods let your airship "fly" above the tabletop. STL exists to print rods instead of using acrylic as well, and the airship easily comes off the stand to sit flat on the table during play.
      To check out the full modular & customization guide, CLICK HERE.
      In addition to the core modular airship options. there are many stretch goals to further customize the ships and add airship-specific items to your table.
      Airship variations made with core set parts
    • By SamuraiJack
      About
      Welcome to our next Kickstarter Project with perfect snow scenery for your great miniatures.
      Why this project?
      We need your help to construct all models ready, this takes a lot of time and is also very costly. 
      Why should I support the project?
      Be the first to receive the files. Some files will be downloadable later in the shop but not all. The packages will be more expensive than here, so save them now and save up to 50%. The models are high quality and highly detailed. You can all models print with ABS or PLA. The mostly parts can be printed without Supports.
      You need only a 3D Home Printer, the files, filament and then only colors for painting and then is the snowy effect is perfect on this scenery:

Printed and painted:
      Pledge: 2 Stonehenge parts 

This set include: 2 different Stonehenge stones (normy and destroyed)Later regular price in the shop (STL Files): 5,95 € (Save over 50%)
      Pledge: 3 Craters
      This set include: 3 different craters. Later regular price in the shop (STL Files): 5,95 € (Save over 50%)
    • By SamuraiJack
      About
      Follow me on my next campaign to Japan and China
      This campaign is mostly located in old Japan. But I will add some Chinese buildings, that you can use for games during the Boxerrebellion. Maybe you can mix the terrain, if you find some generic.
      We start our campaign with typical Japan townhouses in different styles. You will get some typical different roof types.
      First town build set will have townhouses, a townwall and a gate section.
      Following Stretch Goals will offer files with rural buildings, spiritual buildings and accessories, as for example market live.
      The highlight of course will - with later stretchgaols - a Samurai Castle. The main castle in the wallsections outside the main building.
      Bridges in Japan style also will follow.
      You have a wide bandwidth to use this buildings in much scenarios. The initial modelling scale is 20/22mm. But the files are optimized to downscale them to 15mm or upscale them to 28mm. 15mm = 73% (0.73 in Cura) 28mm = 127% (1.27 in Cura) If you game in "Heroe scale", (ca.32mm) scale up to146%.
      We recommend printers with a bed size nearly 200 x 200 mm (as Prusa, Ultimaker or Clones have. Also Makerbot & Clones 225 x 150mm will work). If you game with 28mm figures, we do not recommend this files for users with miniprinters (bed size 150x150mm or smaller) !! 15mm will run without problems, larger scale much buildings will not fit on this miniprinters.
      If multiple storeys, each storey is separate with floor. Roofs of course detachable. Support this campaign and bring it to success as the last Campaigns, for which I thank the backers again...
      Hope I will see my "Grognards" from my Campaigns before and welcome new backers..... My old backers know, during campaign I hear your wishes and many addons come during campaigns.
      So don´t wonder if you see no drawings for higher stretchgoals in the starting phase of this campaign. Stretchgaols can change on request from backers !!
      We do not work with extra payable add-on´s. All what you see, you will get as a 40 Euro all in backer.
      So help that many people come to this campaign to reach the stretchgoals. So much stuff will be included in this campaign ....

The Dojo. This is not a stretchgoal. It´s a thank to all 40Euro Backers and content of the town. An alternative roof will follow.

• By SamuraiJack
      About
      About this Project We love classic tabletop fantasy and war games and 3d printing! 3D printing is the future of tabletop miniature gaming, and we want that future to start now! We're bringing you a set of 8 classic tombstones for your tabletop gaming in this pint-sized Kickstarter!
      PLUS! you have the chance to receive the 13 villains reward from out previous Kickstarter if you missed it last time. You can see all the details here:
      www.kickstarter.com/projects/medusaminiatures/13-3d-printable-villains-for-tabletop-gaming-28-32
      PLUS! one backer will have the chance to receive our resin 3d proof prints from Shapeways below cost.  The prints range from 24mm tall to 42mm tall. 
      The inspiration for this Project and our next project which will follow shortly, are the Gothic paintings of the artist Caspar David Friedrich. We've combed through his paintings and picked out tombstones to model. 
      Inspiration painting by Friedrich Why we need your help We're here for the crowd, not the funding! We have a set of sculpts done, so fulfillment will happen as quickly as possible after the Kickstarter. We want to give you the opportunity to have a set of quality minis with old school personality that you can 3D print for your tabletop. 
      Our proof 3D prints, see in the images below, have been done by Shapeways using "Frosted Ultra Detail" material. 
  • Who's Online   38 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)