Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

ShipWorks 3d Printable Ship Terrain

About

Over a year ago we started looking at beginning a High-Seas Adventure D&D campaign. However, we wanted to kick it up a notch (or five).

So, we began looking for a great set of 3d Dungeon tiles to help bring the adventures to life for our players. We wanted something that was customizable, beautiful to look at, and was playable terrain. We also didn't want to spend $100 per ship. We realized that customizable didn’t really exist- we had to *choose* if we wanted beauty, or a slim amount of customization. Not to mention that the costs were extreme per ship.. We couldn’t put together a fleet of different ships if we wanted to without breaking the bank.

Being an Indy designer- Chris decided to start working on something better, and finally- after seeing friends and family reactions to the initial prototype- ShipWorks began becoming a reality.

Shipworks is modular. What this means is that from the hull to the masts and everywhere in between- you have the freedom to design and print the sailing ship that you want. Not just another generic template, but your minds eye brought to life.

The ships seen table time ;-) The ships seen table time ;-)

Details and customization is also inside.. Details and customization is also inside..

ShipWorks is also fully usable terrain- to scale with miniatures common to some of the oldest and greatest table top roleplaying games. Your miniatures can traverse the rigging shrouds and masts, climb ladders and stairs, and explore above or even below decks.

Captain checking the rigging as a swab runs up to the wheel Captain checking the rigging as a swab runs up to the wheel

c423844645bd3851332b9c4b6cd84179_origina

Even our yard-arms are functional terrain- 25mm miniatures bases slide in with ease, and stay there- even when turned upside down!

Upside down can be right side up- depending on perspective. Upside down can be right side up- depending on perspective.

With ShipWorks you get to choose:

• The length of your ship.

• Adjust the width of the ship.

• Your prows appearance, and even the figurehead that adorns it!

• Add more (or less) masts and their length! No messy shaping of wood dowels (unless you’re into that). Add a crows nest or viewing platform.

• A host of customizations to change your hull. From the number of weapons ports to fight off enemies, to creature comforts like windows for passenger cabins. Even sleek flat hull panels for showing off your more merchant elite!

• How you want your sails, from classic square to sharp looking lateen triangles.  If you change your mind- change them on the fly! 

• Your stern-castle and fore-castle (or have neither Captain!)

b1fe67c1e4d3c66aae6d8f48068b296e_origina

• 86c1aea67c2fc674cdff89d3446b664a_origina

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ChaoticBlues said:

Makes me start thinking of getting a 3d Printer.

Indeed!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darsc Zacal
      Kinda feels like Norse and "northern" miniatures are the new Cthulhu/zombie/dwarves on kickstarter.

• By Cyradis
      One of the artists who does concept sketches for Dark Sword is doing a coloring book Kickstarter. In case anyone is interested, voila, a link. 

• By vutpakdi
      I have a soft spot for Traveller deck plans, and this set reminds me of the old Azhanti High Lightning box set which was incredibly useful.

About
      Welcome to the Element family of cruisers, one of the mainstays of the Imperial Navy and a common sight throughout the Third Imperium and beyond.  
      This Kickstarter project is to create a brand new box set for the Traveller roleplaying game, detailing the three main classes of cruiser within the Element cruiser family, together with 10 massive double-sided blueprints that will allow you walk through each deck of the ships as if you were there...
      You can download preview PDFs showing some of the content right here:
        Excerpt from Handbook
      Fore Section Blueprint
      The Element Cruiser Ship Builder's Blueprints box set will contain:
      Ten gigantic (28" x 40") two-sided, full colour blueprints, laying out every deck of the ship. One full colour, 64 page book covering the three main cruisers of the Element family, along with full High Guard game rules and optional ship equipment. Serving On Board A Cruiser  
      We have done deck plans for every ship covered in this edition of Traveller, but we have seen a chance to really knock the ball out of the park and 'super detail' one of the largest ships in the Imperial Navy.
      Each blueprint has been meticulously worked upon, and includes revisions and optional equipment, allowing you to tailor your own Element cruiser to specific mission roles.
      The accompanying book sets the scene for cruisers and how they are used in Charted Space in general and the Imperial Navy in particular, then follows the design process of the Element family, from initial navy specification to maiden voyage. 
      The Element cruisers have a highly flexible 'pod' system that allows them to be configured for specific mission roles, and we have covered them in this book -  from the 'standard' missile pod fit most commonly used on these ships, to long-ranged strike craft, light carriers, troop transports, and orbital assault ships, all are possible with the Element cruisers and have been included.
      This has necessitated the introduction of an expansion to High Guard, detailing the new ship options now available.
      However, this box set is about more than the hardware, and the duties of each individual crew member are examined, along with their integration into the full complement of the ship, commanding officers and security access.
      We have gone into a lot of detail with these ships, in the handbook as well as the blueprints themselves!

• By Gadgetman!

SITHRAH is a sci-fi about a little girl trying to find her father after their plane crashes in a unfamiliar land. That's when she starts seeing an invisible creature, called SITHRAH, who has been following her around. It's not long until she runs into a young man named Dino who is running from his own ghosts. Together they set out to find her missing father wherever the evidence leads. 
      Book 4 will focus on their journey across The Deep to try to find Light City.
      This series will be 6 books long.
      Sithrah has been a big experiment with the comic format by mixing subtle prose with comic panels. My hope is to blur the lines between comics, children's books, and novels without making it jarring for the reader.
      Most of my inspiration comes from the comic artists of the 90's when I refined my drawing style. Later I became influenced by Miyazaki's movies and storytelling and have been trying to make comics that have a similar depth and feeling.

• By Jeneki
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1103158358/warbands-of-the-cold-north-vi-ulfhildrs-heroes

Project description:

About
       Hello Again Kickstarter backers new and loyal, longtime supporters and fans of Red Box games! We have returned again to kickstarter in the hopes to fund our newest selection of fantasy norse figures that we call the Njorn. 
        Our intention is to fund the production of a new set of heroes and their faithful follower rank and file troops. We also intend to fund the set up of our in house production capacity! This means buying a spin caster, a smelter, all the various periphery of safe casting, metal shelves to hold molds ( LOTS of molds ) having our molds shipped to us from the various contractors we currently partner with, and raw metal to do the casting with. Being set up for in house production will allow us to reinvest in the various aspects that will make your experience with Red Box Games more efficient and better presented, as well as allow us to manage our working capital MUCH more efficiently.
        We currently reinvest a disproportionate amount of our profits into maintaining reasonable stock levels across the entire breadth of the red box games line. This is a HUGE investment that grows every time we add new products to the line. It also means we have to rely on kickstarters much more because we simply cannot afford to just put new items in to the store without knowing that the funds are already there to pay for the production and stocking of said items.

Once set up for casting we will be able to keep the funds of the business' success where it belongs, in the future of the business. It also has the added advantage of allowing us to afford lower prices across the board and able to take chances on items which are too risky to produce through out sourcing such as larger monsters and cavalry and Rank and File sets appropriately priced for army building. 

To insure that the high level of quality you have come to expect from Red Box Games is faithfully maintained, I will be training in casting with a VERY talented and experienced mold maker and caster. I wont be handling the entire burden of casting right away so there is no need to worry that this development will slow down delivery of the Kickstarter or the regular course of business for RBG.

My molds will continue to be made by one of the industry's best studios as well so there is no need to worry that the burden will overwhelm me or that the overall quality of the Red Box Games product will suffer.

I cannot do any of this without your help so please consider backing this kickstarter! You will get some really cool stuff for a GREAT price in a reasonable amount of time and I will FINALLY be able to set up for my own production and make some real progress in this industry!

AAAaaannndddd without further Adieu...... ON TO THE MINIATURES!!!
       We intend to fund as many figures as this kickstarter will allow and at the outset of the campaign we have 19 figures ready to go with a few slight details needing to be added before they are ready for production and I still have several more underway which will be shown as they are completed and added to the campaign as the funding allows. 

• Who's Online   50 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)