• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      About this project
       In the lands of the North, where the Black Rocks stand guard against the cold sea, in the dark night that is very long the Men of the Northlands sit by their great log fires and they tell a tale... and this tale is one of bringing the works of Peter Firmin and Oliver Postgate to life in the form of metal miniatures suitable for both collecting and gaming.
       Peter Firmin and Daniel Postgate, Oliver's son, have given their licensed blessing to this project. Every miniature produced will be lovingly packaged in the heart of the lead belt, otherwise known as Nottingham, and then shipped to all backers. There are many more miniatures in the offing provided funding is reached which will encourage me to keep going....and to ensure my bank manager doesn't rue the day I walked through his door a few months back with a tiny acorn of an idea.....
       The 16 initial sculpts, by the awfully talented Martin Buck, have already been mastered by the also talented hands of another dedicated Noggin fan, Peter Brown of The Mouldmaker. Each miniature is on a 20mm round base (although these have shrunk slightly in the moulding process) and average about 30mm in height.
       Peter Firmin has been actively involved in the consultation, refinement and approval of the final figures after all, they are his creation! Daniel Postgate, Oliver's son, is of course involved in the project for Smallfilms.
      They will be cast in a white metal alloy and boxed in a rather nice presentation set unless you choose the single blister option.
      Packaging work in progress  Although all of the miniatures look wonderful in the bare metal as supplied, they really come alive with the addition of a little paint and colour - look at what can be achieved in the pics below - fabulous paintwork from the gifted hands of brush maestro Andrew Taylor

A lot more sculpts are planned, some are works in progress that will be posted as updates throughout the course of the Kickstarter. This Kickstarter is to allow the production of the first 16 sculpts as a set and to finance the production of the rest.
    • By Ranso
      Hello guys! 
      I am here to show you the new KS from Ludus Magnus Studio coming this spring!

Black Rose Wars is a board game that will guide you into the world of Nova Aetas.The Black Rose lodge meets to determine who will be the new Magister, the keeper of forgotten magic. The most powerful mages affiliated with the lodge will confront each other in a series of epic and captivating battles, exploiting the arcane powers in their possession. The event, which determines the destiny of the lodge every ten years, will be hosted in the rooms of the Black Rose manor.

In Black Rose Wars, each player uses magic to collect Power Points by killing the other mages, destroying the rooms of the lodge, making them unstable or completing personal missions. At the start of the game, each mage begins with spell cards selected from a school of choice. Each of the Black Rose Wars schools contains different and unique spells, which leads to different victory strategies. Each school, like Divination and Trasmutation, have different type of spells which gives the mage different strategies to become the most powerful mage.

For more information you can visit:
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/blackrosewarsunofficial/
      Or you can ask here and I will do my best for answer!
    • By Mr Effin
      Hello everyone we are venturing into the Kickstarter realm again with a fully digital to cast project. Warning this one is on the artistic nude side, so be careful if at work or sensitive area...

"In the desert realm of Tharaa, summer’s heat lies as heavily upon the lavish court of the Sultana as it does upon the simple shops and homes of her subjects. Yet they are the ones who rejoice with the cool evening zephyrs that race refreshingly through their markets stalls, tents, and villas; breezes that never seem to reach the perfumed halls of the Sultana’s court. On those stifling, windless, near endless days; comfort, pleasure, and even mere distraction elude the powerful ruler. Her great wealth, her many servants, and her countless possessions seem more burden than blessing. On those days when clothing itself seems a pointless effort, the beauty and power of the human form acts as reminder that modesty can be a needless vanity..."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/497254986/court-of-the-sultana-by-effincool-miniatures?ref=5vt7of
    • By ced1106
      <<<MOD Edit>>>
      Link to the kickstarter:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/996665814/confrontation-classic-the-legendary-skirmish-game/description

Some info on the Dakka forums, including "backward compatibility"  and "skirmish, and only skirmish" : https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/150/717182.page

Anyone have any info about the company? How able do you think they can pull off a KS? They've at least been in business for a long time?

• By paintybeard
      This is by Bob Naismith, who has a long pedigree in figure design.

I really like all of it, especially the hoverbikes. But the prices are steep. I might buy a couple of display pieces, wish I could afford an army.
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)