SamuraiJack

ShipWorks 3d Printable Ship Terrain

About

Over a year ago we started looking at beginning a High-Seas Adventure D&D campaign. However, we wanted to kick it up a notch (or five).

So, we began looking for a great set of 3d Dungeon tiles to help bring the adventures to life for our players. We wanted something that was customizable, beautiful to look at, and was playable terrain. We also didn't want to spend $100 per ship. We realized that customizable didn’t really exist- we had to *choose* if we wanted beauty, or a slim amount of customization. Not to mention that the costs were extreme per ship.. We couldn’t put together a fleet of different ships if we wanted to without breaking the bank.

Being an Indy designer- Chris decided to start working on something better, and finally- after seeing friends and family reactions to the initial prototype- ShipWorks began becoming a reality.

Shipworks is modular. What this means is that from the hull to the masts and everywhere in between- you have the freedom to design and print the sailing ship that you want. Not just another generic template, but your minds eye brought to life.

The ships seen table time ;-) The ships seen table time ;-)

Details and customization is also inside.. Details and customization is also inside..

ShipWorks is also fully usable terrain- to scale with miniatures common to some of the oldest and greatest table top roleplaying games. Your miniatures can traverse the rigging shrouds and masts, climb ladders and stairs, and explore above or even below decks.

Captain checking the rigging as a swab runs up to the wheel Captain checking the rigging as a swab runs up to the wheel

c423844645bd3851332b9c4b6cd84179_origina

Even our yard-arms are functional terrain- 25mm miniatures bases slide in with ease, and stay there- even when turned upside down!

Upside down can be right side up- depending on perspective. Upside down can be right side up- depending on perspective.

With ShipWorks you get to choose:

• The length of your ship.

• Adjust the width of the ship.

• Your prows appearance, and even the figurehead that adorns it!

• Add more (or less) masts and their length! No messy shaping of wood dowels (unless you’re into that). Add a crows nest or viewing platform.

• A host of customizations to change your hull. From the number of weapons ports to fight off enemies, to creature comforts like windows for passenger cabins. Even sleek flat hull panels for showing off your more merchant elite!

• How you want your sails, from classic square to sharp looking lateen triangles.  If you change your mind- change them on the fly! 

• Your stern-castle and fore-castle (or have neither Captain!)

b1fe67c1e4d3c66aae6d8f48068b296e_origina

• 86c1aea67c2fc674cdff89d3446b664a_origina

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, ChaoticBlues said:

Makes me start thinking of getting a 3d Printer.

Indeed!

Hey everyone! Chris with the Dragon Workshop here- if you have any questions, let me know!

We just had Larry "The Grypon King" Dixon join us as a Guest Star Artist wanting to contribute a ship design stretch goal :-)

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:13 PM, kristof65 said:

The first stl file project that I've been willing to pitch in for. 

Thank you Kristof! You won't be disappointed!

From Larry Dixon's concept art - to in hand, went well I think. Everything so far printed at 20% infill, and .2mm layer height in brown Esun PLA then given a quick black wash.

20180304_112517.jpg

20180304_112544.jpg

20180304_113336.jpg

20180305_122455.jpg

20180305_122513 (1).jpg

redgryphonpartial_042a.jpg

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

This looks great... but no 3d printer. Oh well. One day my prints will come...

Fixed that for you.

^_^

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Preview of the dragon turtle - An above water, and water edged version will be available. The dragon turtle will be hollow shelled, and a bit modular to help with increasing or decreasing size. Please note it is a WIP digital sculpt, and details will only improve. This is NOT the final pose.

dRAGON tURTLE DRAFT.png