I'm a pretty new painter this guy is my 20th or so miniature and is the first one i'm willing to brave showing off. Any creative criticism is not only accepted but is greatly appreciated, I've seen the beautiful pieces that people have done on here and aspire to be half as good! This is also my first post to the forum so I apologize in advance if I've misplaced anything. 

27990333_1730497040342518_91284817_o.jpg

28080374_1730496893675866_2066888212_o.jpg

• Like 17

Welcome to the Forum!

Stick around, browse the threads and HAVE FUN!

You did a great job on this one.

• Like 2

As the wolf said, welcome to the forums! Don't be shy and keep showing off your work! You'll find that its a really friendly and helpful bunch around here. Also, just a head's up, if something's written in purple, its meant as a joke.

As for this orc, he looks great! Keep up the good work and don't be afraid to try new things and show off the results. Sometimes showing off what went wrong can be even more helpful as you can get advice, tips, etc. from the really knowledgeable peeps here!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Good morning all,
      Here's a figure I just finished, from the Hackmaster/Kenzer & Co. line that Ral Partha currently owns, a Bob Olley Greater Satyr. It's a pretty large figure, more in tune with heroic scale, like most of the Hackmaster figures, fun and easy to paint.
      The only thing I noticed when I based him is that my base has a chip in the plastic but too late to do anything about, as I saw it after I super glued it to the figure.

I tried to give him mostly natural tones, but had to do a bit of gold in there as well for the decoration on the bow and his pan pipes, but they are softened with some browns and dark elf skin washes, so it's probably okay.  
      So anyhows, enjoy!

• By Metalchaos
      You've been groping underground for a while when you catch the sound of beating bat wings down the cavern ahead. A few steps more and the oozing walls open on a large cave. Small rusty-red creatures are flying in circle between stalactites, four pincer-like legs and a proboscis dangling under their hairy body. Abruptly, you notice a change in their behavior. They all hover in place and their yellowish eyes pierces in your direction. Before you have time to do anything, you are swarm by these bloodthirsty Stirges.

Here are the 02691, Striges Dark Heaven Legends sculpted by Bob Olley.

• By Schirf
      Ok, painted one of these up a few months ago and just did the other 2 a couple weeks ago. Just picked up an airbrush so this was my first time trying out some zenithal highlighting. I'm pretty happy with how the new ones turned out.

First the old one

Then here is one of the new ones

And the group photo

• By 72moonglum
      So here is one of the more interesting figures I've seen in a while, and a bit unusual. This is from the Hackmaster series that Ral Partha acquired and currently offers, sculpted by Bob Olley.  She is a female dwarf cleric, and as was mentioned somewhere way back when in the Lord of the Rings if I recall originally, she is a bearded female dwarf. Now I'm not going to pretend that she is a beauty to behold, but I think she's an extremely cool little lady, who would probably shove that hammer up into where she sun no longer shines.  

I probably would have finished her sooner, but I always run into that issue of what colors to use. This started from the color of her beard all the way to virtually the end when I had to decide on a color for her mace haft.  Do you give her "feminine" colors or do you just make her kind of generally grungy browns, blacks and greys?  So I ended up going with colors, and couldn't resist throwing some pink in there.

Not a new figure, sculpted I'm guessing around 2003. As I detached her from her temporary base and looked at the bottom, there wasn't a year on her, but I think most of t he Hackmaster pieces were done in the early 2000's.

So anyways, enjoy!

• By 72moonglum
      So I recently posted Rozmina, the Half-Orc Pirate from Derek Schubert.  Here is the other half-orc I was working on at the same time, but as this one had a lot more going on with armor and such, he took quite a while longer.  

Really cool mini sculpted by Bob Olley around 2003, large figure, good heft to him.  the only frustrating part on this one was the chainmail and trying to get all the paint into all those little holes, and I can see some spots where it didn't work quite like I wanted it to.  Also what color would you guys call his metals that aren't "steel" colored?  Referring to the hilt, the belt buckle, and that heart looking thing protecting his manly parts?
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)