Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I've had these pics on my camera for a few days, and keep forgetting to upload them... Keep getting distracted by other projects, but nothing wrong with that I say... ^_^;;;;; These photos were taken using my previous way of doing things, and I definitely prefer the "newer" way even if it means a bit more work up front, but there's less editing, and my kit lens is a LOT easier to work with for such up close pictures. Kind of can't wait to get that Olympus 60mm f2.8 macro that's on my wishlist, but right now it's a debate between miniature supplies and camera gear, and the camera gear isn't currently on sale, plus we really could use a wider selection of paints in the house, so.....
Ingrid was definitely an.... Interesting challenge to paint, to say the least. She has a great deal of smaller details to her, aaaaaand she's pint shot glass sized, which adds to things. Interestingly enough, the biggest issue I kept running into was with her gloves, boots, and especially belt. Cloak also gave some issues, even having me somewhat frustrated at first that my initial shadow layer looked a LOT like vertical red and black stripes, I kept it as it was, and added additional layers on, which seems to have partially corrected itself, but looking at the photos, at the right angles it... Still kind of shows that way. Oh well, we learn as we go, right?
This was also the first mini that I attempted something resembling eyes, and I did my best to have it look like she was looking right at the gem itself. It took a few tries, but I managed to get some sort of hazel-brown eye going, although with just the one colour hazel eyes have (not the brown-green mix).
I speed painted these zombies probably a month ago, I just haven't been in the mood to take pictures or hobby since I finished 'em. Well, I had a pretty good day yesterday, and I think my mojo might be back, so you get some pictures.
I think I spent about 7 hours on them as a group, and they're painted to a tabletop level. Thanks for looking.
I've been running a Savage Rifts campaign (Pinnacle did a Kickstarter to adapt Palladium's classic Rifts setting over to the Savage Worlds rules). So I decided I needed some things painted that would work in that setting.
As the Coalition is ever present but I have lots of "guys in armor" I decided to start with some Skelebots (The Coalition's disposable killer robots, designed to look like skeletons, as the Coalition is all about the skulls).
I have a bit of an issue with ordering anything from Palladium these days (Robotech) combined with their existing Skelebot figs being from the early 90s and pretty rough by today's standards, so I went for Reaper's awesome Cyber-Reavers as substitutes.
I ordered a couple of packs at Christmas then found 3 more that were left over from another project. The plan was for a nice quick tabletop paint job, but it still took over a month, as I kept getting distracted by other things (like big stompy robots, and actually doing game prep). Finally got around to finishing them yesterday, and sealing them today. @Glitterwolf requested (and provided) a fancy background, so I printed it out and grabbed a Sci-Fi bridge terrain piece for them to stand on.
WIP is here.
Who's Online 17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)