Mad Jack

Jack's ID Project (pic intensive)

So, I was recently asked to curate a collection of old minis given to my FLGS on consignment... There are somewhere north of two hundred pieces altogether.

Most of it is old Ral Partha, Grenadier, Heritage and Citadel. The first three companies I know well. Citadel not so much, but I've already identified some of them from the Lost Minis Wiki. And then there are some that I don't recognize and have no marking on them.

So I'll be posting pics in this thread over the next couple of days to see if anybody knows what they are.

I'll also be editing the posts to update them as more things are identified. So eventually there will be a complete (ish) record of the entire collection.

First up, we have some dwarves...

EDIT:  In the first pic the first four are from Alternative Armies -  DH9-04 Dwarven Adventurer w/ Dagger, RM013 Auchan the Spiker, RM015 Colvin the Disturbed, and RM014 Luckburn the Iron Fist. The 5th one is Citadel FA-15, v2 and the last one is Asgard's DA7.v2 Dwarf King.

In the second pic, the first figure is from Grenadier's 2008 Thieves box set - the Dwarf Thief. The second is a Citadel C06 Northern Dwarves pirate. The third is from Metal Magic's C1008 Dwarves set and the last is Grenadier's 1129 Dwarf Flamethrower.

Spoiler

1-1.thumb.JPG.98eebfac2efaba40b339bb40a4cf56c1.JPG

1-2.JPG.1df31528812b0c1970c81668aa155a88.JPG

I'll be posting more as I come across things I can't find myself...

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 3

I have identified three of them as Alternative Armies figures:

RM013 Auchan the Spiker

129px-AA-RoleP-013.jpg

RM014 Luckburn the Iron Fist

128px-AA-RoleP-014.jpg

RM015 Colvin the Disturbed

127px-AA-RoleP-015.jpg

These also appear as part of the DH7 Dwarf Cavern Fighter set and other sets.

Edited by alchemist
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks - Asgard and Alternative Armies are two of the brands I'm a bit weak on. I've never owned any of them.

Okay, boys and girls, next up we have horses...

The first horse belongs to Grenadier Fantasy Warriors 51009 Spectors blister. The rider and standing version of the figure are both elsewhere in the collection. The second horse belongs to the Ral Partha 01-405 Witch King, who's in the second pic (The unmounted version is also in the collection, and they're coming home with me, lol).

EDIT: the two on the right in the first pic are from the Grenadier Masterpiece Editions 5503 War Chariot of the Undead legions box set.

The first horse in the second pic is a Grenadier pegasus, and the wings from the "Pegasus Fighter-Bomber" in the Comedy Lords set fit in the slot, but according to the Lost Minis wiki that's not the right body for it. The second horse in that pic belongs to the Grenadier Fantasy Lords 121 Knights blister pack.

EDIT: In the third pic we have the Grenadier Fantasy Warriors 1440 Halfling Heroes mounted halfling, and an unidentified rider, probably Grenadier.

Spoiler

2-1.jpg.48c828f524cb2b818bc42d27b232bfc7.jpg

2-2.jpg.d31bd4b11330ba928a7b0e2cfc1f2dbd.jpg

3.JPG.e27ced3b52b1cba0bbf208f52fb0d300.JPG

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 2

Now we have some mixed humans...

EDIT:  The first figure is Alternative Armies VNT31 Necromancer w/ Horned Helm, the second is Tristan from the RP 10-550 Forgotten Realms Heroes set, the third is from the RP 90-001 Wizards and Clerics small box set from their The Adventurers series, followed by a Grenadier with a pike and some unknown.

The sixth figure is Ral Partha 03-011 Evil Fighter, aka, part of the 01-315 3-stage Fighter set. Next to him is Grenadier 801 Paladin w/ sword raised from Julie Guthrie's Fantasy Personalities. The last one is still unknown.

In the second pic, we have Reaper's Balto Burrowell, then I don't know the next one, three of the four standing figures from the GR 1440 Halfling Heroes set,  and lastly there's a Grenadier female archer and the Toede figure from TSR's Dragonlance Box Set.

Spoiler

4.jpg.cad38514cfff6cd7878d08dffbaa2fee.jpg

5.jpg.8a2a83b5e17286fffa7fe515bf6361e9.jpg

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 2

I think a couple of those are from the Grenadier Fantasy Warriors set 1440 Halfling Heroes

1440a

145px-Half07.jpg

1440d

133px-Half09.jpg

Edit: I just realised 1440e is in there as well

128px-Half10.jpg

Edited by alchemist
  • Like 4

Good catch. And now that I look at the pic of that set, I realize that the mounted guy is also in the collection as well. Not sure whether the last guy is there to complete the set, though.

Next up, we have a bunch of random stuff - all I know about the ones in the first pic are that the third and fourth figures are possibly from Grenadier's Western Gunfighters line, and the sixth figure definitely is. I think the owner of the collection had the WW03 Western Gunfighters box set, since most of it seems to be present.

The second pic is the standing part of the Ral Partha Witch King posted above,  a Citadel Fiend Factory FF6-2 Ghost. The M18 ghost from Grenadier's 2014 Folklore Creatures of the Night set, some random Mithril guy without an arm, GR 811 White Mage and another wizard...

Spoiler

6.jpg.edef21d611048a9e70fdb5dc0378a427.jpg

7.jpg.346eb981a43bdbaf2a86dbb1fb096bf0.jpg

Edited by Mad Jack

Grenadier Julie Guthrie's Personalities 811 White Mage

100px-Gren-jgp-811.jpg

I don't think I can help with the rest.  Maybe someone else would like to weigh in?

• Like 2

This guy's buying habits were all over the place, as was his painting, lol. Well, to be honest he seems to have gotten much better between the early half-painted ones and the more recently painted ones.

EDIT:  Next up we have an RP Ravenloft 11-102 Greater Mummies mummy servant, an unknown figure, the cross on the ground belongs to one of the Alternative Armies VNT12 Eternal Guard Command blister figures (who's in another picture) and the zombie musician fifth from the left is from the same set, the pizza delivery skeleton is from GR's 6009 Comedy Lords set (another one coming home with me), a GR Fantasy Lords 183 undead dragonman, the GR doppelganger from the 2012 Dwellers Below box set, a zombie from the Alternative Armies VNT11 Zombies II blister, an unknown skeleton, and a GR Fantasy Lords 173 Samurai Skeleton...

In the second pic, we have a GR Julie Guthrie's Fantasy Personalities 803 Evil Mage, some wizard with a separate flat square base and an owl on his staff, another Julie Guthrie figure from 718 Female Adventurers, the seated wizard from Grenadier's 2009 Wizard's Room small box set, and then, out of the last three,  the middle one is RP Ravenloft 11-100 Greater Wolfweres wolfwere number one, flanked on the left by another AA VNT12 Eternal Guard Command figure and a VNT31 Necromancers figure.

Spoiler

8.jpg.4ad45e2545a863983e5f4f67df077b44.jpg

9.thumb.jpg.f9b4da5be406341a70c35f0095b33d5c.jpg

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 1

On 13-2-2018 at 7:10 PM, Mad Jack said:

Thanks - Asgard and Alternative Armies are two of the brands I'm a bit weak on. I've never owned any of them.

Okay, boys and girls, next up we have horses...

The second horse belongs to the Ral Partha 01-405 Witch King, who's in the second pic (The unmounted version is also in the collection, and they're coming home with me, lol). I believe the rest of them are all Grenadiers, but I couldn't place them. There are no riders with them.

The first horse in the second pic is a Grenadier pegasus, and the wings from the "Pegasus Fighter-Bomber" in the Comedy Lords set fit in the slot, but according to the Lost Minis wiki that's not the right body for it. The second horse in that pic belongs to the Grenadier Fantasy Lords 121 Knights blister pack.

Hide contents

2-1.jpg.48c828f524cb2b818bc42d27b232bfc7.jpg

3.jpg.5337c0277edf8dcf7282457b5f5d8bbe.jpg

The two Undead ones Upper Pic Right are Grenadier.

The most right one is one of the horses from the Undead Legion Chariot The other one belongs to the Banner Bearer from that same set

Chariot.thumb.jpg.747d83d3bf07b448a4ae1ad2eb9552f5.jpg

• Like 3

Nice. Thanks... ::D:  I need to remember to spend some time poking around in the bigger box sets - I've already found a bunch of stuff in places I wouldn't have thought to look if I hadn't stumbled on them.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Nice. Thanks... ::D:  I need to remember to spend some time poking around in the bigger box sets - I've already found a bunch of stuff in places I wouldn't have thought to look if I hadn't stumbled on them.

I used to own that set...

And...I ordered it recently on evilbay I got a unpainted complete boxed set coming my way..

So yes..I recognized it immediately.

I also have Grenadier, Rafm, Ral Partha and Metal Magic catalogues in PDF form.

If you want them too just PM me and I will mail them.

These are free from several resources.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 3

Alternative Armies VNT12(a) Eternal Guard Command Necrotic Necromancer

AA-VNT-12-1.jpg

VNT11(4) zombie
skeleton.jpg.650e3a5c4f819a8fb5f43a0eb1b90e14.jpg

VNT31(4) Necromancer
necromancer.jpg.468437213fb24632f03ff5ef7c9fa4ee.jpg

VNT12(4) from the Zombie Command set
zombie.jpg.f7407ce733229b82506a223990d08890.jpg

The cross looks like it might have come from VNT12(3) from the same set