Mad Jack

Jack's ID Project (pic intensive)

Aha! I have that guy with the head in another pic... That necromancer is one that I'm planning to buy for myself.

Also, one of the other necromancers is the first guy in the sixth pic I posted, so that's another one down. ::D:

Up next we have more people...

EDIT: Drawing a blank on the first two and the last two in the first pic, but the third guy is from the Grenadier 2013 Adventuring party box set, "Kereo, Cleric in Plate w/ Flail", and the fourth and fifth ones are from the Grenadier  LOTR 7503 Shelob's Lair small box set - ME23 Veantur and ME22 Orc Guard. Next to those is the Grenadier 835 Knight w/ Lion Shield. The third man from the right is one of the the two RP 01-143 Malkotian Spearmen.

In the second pic, the first figure and the third figure are from the same GR 7503 set as the two guys above - ME25 Orc Guard With Spear and ME26 Skargnakh.

Second pic, second figure is a game piece from the old Mattel Electronics Dungeons & Dragons Computer Labyrinth board game. Fourth figure is the other half of the RP 01-143 Malkotian Spearmen. The fifth guy in the second pic is the standing version of Ral Partha's 01-408 Dark Thomas, the Black Prince - the horse for the mounted version is present in the collection but not the rider. The sixth one next to him is the Good General from the TSR 1019 Battle System box set. (The Evil general is in another pic not yet posted.) Don't know the next guy, but he last guy is Charging Warrior from the GR 5001 Dungeon Explorers box set.

Spoiler

10-1.jpg.d151019875fdf1e48f00094d3f3c6444.jpg

10-2.jpg.c638f235250511181fa4f3b8bf0e1959.jpg

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 1

I've already ID'd most of these, but I figured you folks would like to see the entire collection...

First up, we have the Grenadier Fantasy Lords 123 Lizardmen blister, which I didn't bother taking a picture of.

Then in the first pic here, we have the Grenadier MM51 Minotaur from the 1506 Monster Manuscript VI box set, the M3 Minotaur from the Grenadier Fantasy Lords Monsters of Mythology box set, and a Citadel minotaur from the Warhammer Quest game.

In the second pic, we have the Grenadier MM22 fire elemental from the Monster Manuscript III box set, some random thing that probably isn't a ghost in a bird bath, lol, a Ral Partha Personalities and Things That Go Bump In the Night 01-064 Air Elemental, and the Grenadier MM15 Djinni from the 1502 Monster Manuscript II set surrounded on either side by the contents of the RP Crucible 91-420 Duke Ice Falcon blister.

Spoiler

12.jpg.89d12c2b391f1a04373b4729b7327731.jpg

13.jpg.e396babd401c00cb9ab0e943d9e8c720.jpg

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 2

This is available from Ral Partha Europe as GZ-019 Ice Falcon.  I can't remember what range it was from originally.

GZ-019 Ice Falcon - Click Image to Close

By a curious coincidence, this guy is Ral Partha's 03-183 Duke Ice Falcon.
Duke Ice Falcon

Edit: I think they were both originally from the Crucible range, and they both came in a pack together:
Rp-CRU-91-420.jpg

Edited by alchemist
  • Like 2

Damn, I knew I recognized that guy... Thanks.

I've been finding a lot of instances where the owner of the collection still has all the figures that came in a particular blister pack (which I don't think I've managed to do more than a handful of times in my 30 years of painting, lol) but they're scattered randomly among all the drawers in the two storage things that the collection is in.

I've begun immediately looking for the other figures in a set or blister whenever I identify one of them.

Still not sure what that thin little ghost-looking thing is, though. Closest I've seen to it were some of the things in one of the Grenadier "Encounter at..." boxes.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 2

Okay, back at it...

Next up we have only one unidentified figure in the first pic - fourth from the right. The others are mostly Ral Partha. First guy is RP 01-001v2, Ral Partha himself, a.k.a. "Evil Wizard Casting Spell". Everything else is part of a box set or multi-figure blister, and the other figures are elsewhere in the collection. We have TSR's 1019 Battle System box set Evil General, the third and fifth figures are two of the three RP 01-066 Necromancers while the one inbetween them is one of the three RP 01-073 Clerics. The next two and the third from the right are from the RP 98-001 Wizards and Clerics small box set from the The Adventurers line, while the last two are from the 98-010 Wizards and Clerics II set.

In the second pic, the two unpainted ladies with staves in the middle are also from the RP 98-010 W+C II set.

EDIT: Then from the left side of the second pic we have RP FA03 Cleric w/ Cross and Mace, RP03-001 Cloaked Cleric w/ Staff, RP 03-031 Priest (also listed as part of the 3-stage cleric character), and then two Grenadier clerics, the 831 Adventuring Cleric and the 834 Chaos Cleric.

Spoiler

15.thumb.jpg.4ff87e31b9ecb97ad5764a984580f85a.jpg

16.jpg.6a01ef5efd0ca9be9401acf6e8d882c5.jpg

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 3

I have the cleric in the second pic at home, I'll check tonight but as I recall it is a RP Imports model. 

• Like 1

Yup, that was a Ral Partha Import. Edited the post above.

EDIT:  Next, we have two painted trolls in the first pic that are the Alternative Armies VNT9 Trolls blister, plus the unpainted Grenadier's M22 Sebelex, Eater of the Dead from the Fantasy Lords 6006 Demons box set (unfortunately missing a hand), and on the end we have the unpainted troll from TSR's  5305 AD&D Monster Tribes box set.

In the second pic we have Grenadier's Fantasy Lords 104 Searcher of Souls, then the contents of WotC's 40058 Heroes 1 box set, and parts of the Ral Partha 01-110 Devils w/ Separate Heads blister.

Spoiler

18.jpg.5f0a60f239c42ee9a73f533bc3fae200.jpg

20.thumb.jpg.411f7840a85c3cbb36b4cf85e67d73ea.jpg

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 1

The collection includes all three of the Ral Partha AD&D 11-509 Ettercaps, but I didn't bother to take a picture of them

In these next two pics, I recognize almost nothing, although it might all be Citadel...

The first figure of the first pic is Reaper's 02576 Nagel the Hammer. EDIT: The second figure is a Citadel RT601(A-29) Space Amazon. And the next two, along with the fifth figure in the second pic are Citadel Space Marine Death Eagles (with bolter and power glove, bolter, and plasma gun, respectively. Still no clue on the last guy.

In the second pic the first figure, near as I can tell, is a Citadel limited edition LE1v2 Space Ork. Second is a Citadel Rogue Trader Adventurer, 400505 Punk, some unidentified guy, and Citadel Rogue Trader Imperial Guard 400226 Female Trooper Bush. The last four are still unknown.

Spoiler

5a8ddf429dc69_2122.jpg.55e3e3e32470e177795db942b32669a3.jpg

24-1.jpg.9793abb724fda25ed50013c46a164005.jpg

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

The collection includes all three of the Ral Partha AD&D 11-509 Ettercaps, but I didn't bother to take a picture of them

In these next two pics, I recognize almost nothing, although it might all be Citadel...

The first figure of the first pic is Reaper's 02576 Nagel the Hammer.

In the second pic the first figure, near as I can tell, is a Citadel limited edition LE1v2 Space Ork.

Hide contents

5a8ddf429dc69_2122.jpg.55e3e3e32470e177795db942b32669a3.jpg

24-1.jpg.9793abb724fda25ed50013c46a164005.jpg

Top picture middle dudes look like 2nd edition space marines.

Bottom picture, lady with the gun might be from Schafer's Last Chancers? Next to her is another older Space marine. 

• Like 2

I found the second figure in the top pic. It's gonna be hell going through all the WH40K stuff on the Lost Minis Wiki, lol.

Especially since a lot of them don't have pictures... :wacko:

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

I found the second figure in the top pic. It's gonna be hell going through all the WH40K stuff on the Lost Minis Wiki, lol.

Especially since a lot of them don't have pictures... :wacko:

The Space Marines are known as "Death Eagles". 

11 minutes ago, strawhat said:

The Space Marines are known as "Death Eagles". 

Is there a picture archive anywhere?  This collection runs from the early 1970's up through the 1990's, and the WH40K stuff on the Lost Minis Wiki only really covers the old Rogue Trader stuff.

3 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Is there a picture archive anywhere?  This collection runs from the early 1970's up through the 1990's, and the WH40K stuff on the Lost Minis Wiki only really covers the old Rogue Trader stuff.

I just hit Google for Death Eagle Space Marines.  You should get several of the old ads.

Or Death Eagles.

Now that I look a little more closely, in the second picture, the fourth miniature (looks like a female holding a lasgun) might be "Female TPR Bush".

Stuff Of Legend Link, the last image has what might be her. Page took a long time to load (longer than I wanted to wait, anyway), and she appears in several of the images.  Including the third image and next to last.

Edited by strawhat
Added info on the female guard. Can't stop nit-picking my own posts!

Thanks, guys. Are any of the old GW minis worth anything?  (Is there a market for them, or are they sold in giant lots like other random minis)?

I've never had any involvement with any of the GW games, so I'm climbing up a pretty steep hill with trying to ID them.