Mad Jack

Jack's ID Project (pic intensive)

Next up...

We have some more random unknowns in the first pic. The first guy is a Citadel Rogue Trader Adventurer 400529 Inquisitor.

The second pic is the Citadel Fiend Factory FF-76 Sea Drake, the basilisk from Ral Partha Shadowrun 20-154 Corporate Guard Animals, and then the "dog" from the RP 09-002 Ssahgar the Lizardman and Saurian Watchdog blister.

The third pic are all Citadel plastics from the Warhammer Quest game and the Talisman expansion set City of Adventure.

Spoiler

24-2.jpg.390001d1609c05b04fa6cb399a78dcb4.jpg

25.jpg.e473d2ad6c85e6cc09c32e4947dd44aa.jpg

26.jpg.c8aa341051af0dfbec973296782ffba3.jpg

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 2

In the middle pic of this set (along with the first two guys in the first pic) we have a complete set of Grenadier's 2005 Fighting Men box set. (I bought them all, since I happen to have the empty box at home.)

The rest of the first pic is composed of Heritage Dungeon Dwellers - one half of the 1237 Bandits blister (the other one is also in the collection), three of the four 129 Elves, and one half of the 1236 Berserkers blister.

The third pics is all animals. A Grenadier 342 Giant Sabertooth, RP 01-040 Werebear, RP31-024 Greater Animals bear cub,  the bear from RP 31-016 Druid and Bear, and finally, RP 02-910 Lions (male and female).

Spoiler

27-1.jpg.d5dbbd095e659975b5427e266455add8.jpg

27-2.jpg.b7e1fb1622253be18787b6cc6a62319c.jpg

28.jpg.82d260b7a524db4448569817b564cdc9.jpg

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 3

Next up, we have a number of unidentified figures in the third pic.

First pic are the Citadel Lizardmen and Skinks from the Warhammer Fantasy Battles 5th Ed. Starter Set.

Second pic is a WotC 88060 Owl Bear, Grenadier Dragon Lords Dragon of the Month 2503 White Dragon, the Crawling Dragon from the Grenadier Dragon Lords 5004 Tomb of Spells box set, the TSR Star Frontiers 5804 Megasaurus, and the other half of the Heritage Dungeon Dwellers 1237 Bandits blister.

EDIT: In the third pic, the little guy in the foreground is the Grenadier 2002 Dwellers below box set Cave Fisher. The giant in the middle is the Grenadier 103 Frost Giant, and the figure second from the right is also Grenadier, from the 8004 AD&D Action Art: Fantasy Fiends box set, Large Demon v2. The chicken in the front is the cockatrice from the Ral Partha Shadowrun 20-154 Corporate Guard Animals blister. And the last guy is a Superior Models Wizards and Lizards WL-025 Frost Giant.

Spoiler

30.thumb.jpg.08193948479b6455dd4552de9ca5c50c.jpg

31-B1.jpg.a4a81c508b208249aa61175aec38f472.jpg

32-B2.jpg.d113683f42058a0f3aabb785a121f623.jpg

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Thanks, guys. Are any of the old GW minis worth anything?  (Is there a market for them, or are they sold in giant lots like other random minis)?

I've never had any involvement with any of the GW games, so I'm climbing up a pretty steep hill with trying to ID them.

I am no expert. I have gotten random old metal GW Warhammer elves for about $3 each from a reseller who has come to Adepticon the last couple of years with bins and bins of sorted old GW minis.

I don’t know where you’d go to find out which ones have collectible value.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Thanks, guys. Are any of the old GW minis worth anything?  (Is there a market for them, or are they sold in giant lots like other random minis)?

I've never had any involvement with any of the GW games, so I'm climbing up a pretty steep hill with trying to ID them.

Unfortunately I cannot be of much help with that.

I seem to recall hearing that some of them were worth a fair amount, but don't know more than that. I wouldn't even venture a guess as to what held its value or even appreciated.

• Like 1

I can't offer any help with valuation, sorry.

But I can identify this guy, since I happen to own one.

Grenadier 103 Frost Giant

G-flbp-103a.jpg
  • Like 2

Yeah, as far as I can tell, the rank-and-file GW guys aren't worth anything except when sold as armies. I think it's mainly the bigger things and named characters like kings and generals that originally came in boxes that are going for "collector" prices...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Yeah, as far as I can tell, the rank-and-file GW guys aren't worth anything except when sold as armies. I think it's mainly the bigger things and named characters like kings and generals that originally came in boxes that are going for "collector" prices...

Early GW or Citadel will sell good.

Later plastics are not worth that much.

• Like 1

So far as I can tell, there's nothing in the collection that's all that interesting as far as the Citadel guys go - it's all single figures, no multiples, no mounted people, no complete sets, etc.

The only thing I've found so far of interest is that there seems to be a full set of BC4 Mighty Ugezod's Death Commandos... Which two people appear to be listing on EvilBay for around $50, but I have a suspicion that it's going to be awhile before they sell those to anybody. :rolleyes:

Not to mention that the FLGS is doing nothing to promote or sell these things other than having a handful of them in a glass case off to one side by the snacks - the rest of them are sitting under the counter out of sight.

So there's no way in hell that the store's ever going to get anyone to buy these things unless some random old GW grognard happens to decide to paw through the collection - and happens to recognize them and decides to dig through the rest of the collection to find the others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

So far as I can tell, there's nothing in the collection that's all that interesting as far as the Citadel guys go - it's all single figures, no multiples, no mounted people, no complete sets, etc.

The only thing I've found so far of interest is that there seems to be a full set of BC4 Mighty Ugezod's Death Commandos... Which two people appear to be listing on EvilBay for around $50, but I have a suspicion that it's going to be awhile before they sell those to anybody. :rolleyes:

Not to mention that the FLGS is doing nothing to promote or sell these things other than having a handful of them in a glass case off to one side by the snacks - the rest of them are sitting under the counter out of sight.

So there's no way in hell that the store's ever going to get anyone to buy these things unless some random old GW grognard happens to decide to paw through the collection - and happens to recognize them and decides to dig through the rest of the collection to find the others.

These??

I just went to the Bay of Evil on my side of the pond most of these are sold as singles for between 5 to 8 euro.

I've seen three full sets, one with box for 33 to 50 euro.

image.png.82b998d382b5a0e47c389e7e729f3f51.png

Edited by Glitterwolf

Yup, those.

Up next we've got some random bigger stuff and almost the complete selection of WotC 3.5/Chainmail gnolls.

EDIT:  In the first pic, we have the Giant Snake from the Grenadier 2010 Denizens of the Swamp small box set, the RP AD&D 11-479 Bullette, Reaper's 02016 Conjunctivus, the Grenadier Dragon Lords 2516 Chaos Dragon, missing its wings, the Giant Slug from Grenadier's Dragon Lords 5002 Monsters set, and the Grenadier Julie Guthrie's Dragons 9911 Hydra Dragon, unfortunately missing most of its heads.

The second pic is mostly all unknown, and mostly 54mm or larger... EDIT: The first guy is Dragontooth's GD-1 Horus missing one of his weapons (the other one is elsewhere in the collection). The three in the middle I know I've seen before, but can't remember where. The castle is Superior Models Wizards and Lizards WL-107 Miniature Castle 2.

And I have no idea what the last thing is, but it appears to be missing an arm.

The third pic is entirely WotC gnolls, while the figures in the fourth pic are Reaper's 02592 Gnarr, Gnoll Champion and 02467 Gnoll Marauders.

Third pic: 88110 Slaughterpit Zombie Gnoll, 88430 Gnoll Warrior, 88350 Gnoll Ranger (x2), 88705 Gnoll Trooper, 88703 Demonic Gnoll Adept, 88080 Gnoll Archer, 88910 Gnoll Cleric.

Spoiler

33-B3.jpg.f2c8e35dbc73ca71017da376ad6b8428.jpg

34-B4.JPG.d35f4c07aa8e3687ce78b8530e674521.JPG

35-B5-1.JPG.4958369833314f9de785d2d78fc3b8b4.JPG

35-B5-2.JPG.cc95758135a166a67b55ff48836f3033.JPG

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 2

Thanks - those two were really bugging me...  They were both really familiar but I couldn't place them. It was the different base on Conjunctivus that threw me off.

I've spent so much time staring at the Lost Minis Wiki scrolling through unfamiliar manufacturers I'm starting to lose track of where I saw things on there.

Edited by Mad Jack

Okay, these pics are the last of the contents of the largest of the three cases of miniatures in the collection.

In the middle of the first pic is a Ral Partha 01-081 Armored Balrog, surrounded by very early Reaper Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse: 02003 Reaper War, 02002 Reaper Plague, 02001 Reaper Famine and 02004 Reaper Pestilence.

EDIT: The second pic starts with a Citadel CM1 Chaos Chimera, followed by a Grenadier Fantasy Warriors 51036 Goblin Warrior on Gargoyle, Mithril Miniatures M78 The Razarac, Citadel C20 (MO-16) Winged Fire Demon, and a Citadel C34 Minotaur Lord.

The third pic is a bunch of AEG Legend of the Five Rings Clan War Naga snakemen.

The fourth pic is Ral Partha's RP 01-023 Zombies blister.

Spoiler

36-B6.JPG.56ef31c4c1a6ccef7517505963751802.JPG

37-B7.JPG.3b7844c6013fd5ff0132319bed32b29d.JPG

38-B8.JPG.822a6c137a5df53f4a8a56f62239db65.JPG

751px-RP-02-522.jpg.e376a218fe31a02ba2883ede39ad1611.jpg

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 4