Mad Jack

Jack's ID Project (pic intensive)

10 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Yup, those.

Up next we've got some random bigger stuff and almost the complete selection of WotC 3.5/Chainmail gnolls.

In the first pic, we have the Giant Snake from the Grenadier 2010 Denizens of the Swamp small box set, the RP AD&D 11-479 Bullette, Reaper's 02016 Conjunctivus, some big lead monster, the Giant Slug from Grenadier's Dragon Lords 5002 Monsters set, and the Grenadier Julie Guthrie's Dragons 9911 Hydra Dragon, unfortunately missing most of its heads.

The second pic is mostly all unknown, and mostly 54mm or larger... EDIT: The first guy is Dragontooth's GD-1 Horus. The three in the middle I know I've seen before, but can't remember where. The castle is Superior Models Wizards and Lizards WL-107 Miniature Castle 2.

And I have no idea what the last thing is, but it appears to be missing an arm.

The third pic is entirely Wotc gnolls, while the figures in the fourth pic are Reaper's 02592 Gnarr, Gnoll Champion and 02467 Gnoll Marauders.

Third pic: 88110 Slaughterpit Zombie Gnoll, 88430 Gnoll Warrior, 88350 Gnoll Ranger (x2), 88705 Gnoll Trooper, 88703 Demonic Gnoll Adept, 88080 Gnoll Archer, 88910 Gnoll Cleric.

Hide contents

33-B3.jpg.f2c8e35dbc73ca71017da376ad6b8428.jpg

That big lead monster looks like Grenadier's Chaos Dragon without wings

Edited by Glitterwolf

Good catch.

It's too bad the rest of him doesn't seem to be present - he looks a lot nicer fully assembled.

In a little while, I'll be starting to post the contents of the second of the three cases of the collection.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 3

Yeah, one of my purposes in starting this thread, aside from getting some ID help, was to give the young'uns a bit of a tour through some of the older stuff, maybe give them an appreciation for some of it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Yeah, one of my purposes in starting this thread, aside from getting some ID help, was to give the young'uns a bit of a tour through some of the older stuff, maybe give them an appreciation for some of it.

But but..what if those whippersnappers start collecting the vintage stuff?

Then WE couldn't get it anymore!!!

No..no...stay with your new rendered plastics young uns!

We will hold on to those lead ones...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

But but..what if those whippersnappers start collecting the vintage stuff?

Then WE couldn't get it anymore!!!

No..no...stay with your new rendered plastics young uns!

We will hold on to those lead ones...

Okay, us partial grey muzzles will take all the white metal stuff then, if you're taking the leaded. ^_~

• Haha 2

Oh, nice... Thanks.

Damn, they look much more interesting in that pic than they do with nothing but black primer on them.

Edited by Mad Jack

On 2/15/2018 at 9:36 AM, Mad Jack said:

Aha! I have that guy with the head in another pic... That necromancer is one that I'm planning to buy for myself.

Also, one of the other necromancers is the first guy in the sixth pic I posted, so that's another one down. ::D:

Up next we have more people...

EDIT: Drawing a blank on nearly everything in the first pic, although the third guy is from the Grenadier 2013 Adventuring party box set, "Kereo, Cleric in Plate w/ Flail", and the fourth and fifth ones are from the Grenadier  LOTR 7503 Shelob's Lair small box set - ME23 Veantur and ME22 Orc Guard. The third man from the right is one of the the two RP 01-143 Malkotian Spearmen.

In the second pic, I have no idea what that second guy is, maybe a game piece? The first figure and the third figure are from the same GR 7503 set as the two guys above - ME25 Orc Guard With Spear and ME26 Skargnakh.

Fourth is the other half of the RP 01-143 Malkotian Spearmen. The fifth guy in the second pic is the standing version of Ral Partha's 01-408 Dark Thomas, the Black Prince - the horse for the mounted version is present in the collection but not the rider. The sixth one next to him is the Good General from the TSR 1019 Battle System box set. (The Evil general is in another pic not yet posted.) Don't know the next guy, but he last guy is Charging Warrior from the GR 5001 Dungeon Explorers box set.

Hide contents

10-1.jpg.d151019875fdf1e48f00094d3f3c6444.jpg

10-2.jpg.c638f235250511181fa4f3b8bf0e1959.jpg

Second pic, second from left is a game piece from some old Dungeons and Dragons electronic board game set that I had as a kid.

On 2/21/2018 at 4:10 PM, Mad Jack said:

The collection includes all three of the Ral Partha AD&D 11-509 Ettercaps, but I didn't bother to take a picture of them

In these next two pics, I recognize almost nothing, although it might all be Citadel...

The first figure of the first pic is Reaper's 02576 Nagel the Hammer. EDIT: The second figure is a Citadel RT601(A-29) Space Amazon.

In the second pic the first figure, near as I can tell, is a Citadel limited edition LE1v2 Space Ork.

Hide contents

5a8ddf429dc69_2122.jpg.55e3e3e32470e177795db942b32669a3.jpg

24-1.jpg.9793abb724fda25ed50013c46a164005.jpg

Second pic, second from left is an old GW space adventurer.

On 2/23/2018 at 2:02 PM, Mad Jack said:

So far as I can tell, there's nothing in the collection that's all that interesting as far as the Citadel guys go - it's all single figures, no multiples, no mounted people, no complete sets, etc.

The only thing I've found so far of interest is that there seems to be a full set of BC4 Mighty Ugezod's Death Commandos... Which two people appear to be listing on EvilBay for around $50, but I have a suspicion that it's going to be awhile before they sell those to anybody. :rolleyes:

Not to mention that the FLGS is doing nothing to promote or sell these things other than having a handful of them in a glass case off to one side by the snacks - the rest of them are sitting under the counter out of sight.

So there's no way in hell that the store's ever going to get anyone to buy these things unless some random old GW grognard happens to decide to paw through the collection - and happens to recognize them and decides to dig through the rest of the collection to find the others.

I feel a road trip coming on....

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Second pic, second from left is a game piece from some old Dungeons and Dragons electronic board game set that I had as a kid.

Got it - Mattel Electronics Dungeons & Dragons Computer Labyrinth...

Sometime about a year ago, I actually saw one of these come through the local Goodwill. Unfortunately, I was too broke to throw money at an incomplete game at the time.

• Like 3

In a fascinating coincidence, a complete box of the Mattel D&D Computer labyrinth has just shown up at the Citadel, given to them by a completely different guy.

No word on the price for it yet.

• Like 4

Okay, next we have the random stuff that was dumped in the Grenadier Monster of Mythology box when I first got my hands on the collection. Plus pretty much the entire Grenadier Western Gunfighters line.

In the first pic, the first figure is the other portion of the Ral Partha 01-110 Devils with Separate Heads blister. Then we have one of the RP 01-073 Clerics, one of the RP 98-001 Wizards and Clerics from the "The Adventurers" line of small box sets, a Superior Models WL-26 Cleric, some 54mm military guy that seems really familiar to me but I can't place (there are two others in the collection), the Citadel Weird Fantasy WF1 Kindly Old Wizard (with a sword behind his back, lol), the Grenadier 2012 Dwellers Below box set beholder,  the RP 03-031 Cleric behind another unidentified cleric, Grenadier's C50 Cowboy w/ Scattergun from their Western Gunfighters line (I believe the entire 20-pc WW03 Western Gunfighters set, if not the entire line of 30 figures, is present in the set), and lastly another of the 98-001 Wizards and Clerics set.

(The entire 90-001 Wizards and Clerics set, as well as all but two of the 98-010 Wizards and Clerics II set were present in the collection, and all came home with me.)

In the second pic we have another RP 98-001 W+C figure,  one-third of the Grenadier Champions 310 Terrorists (the other two are in the last picture), the Alternative Armies VNT12 Eternal Guard Command standard bearer (whose arm and standard were posted early in this thread), an unidentified ranger of some sort (which I probably really should know), one-third of the RP 01-066 Necromancers, one of the RP 98-010 W+C II figures, Superior Models WL-23 Sir Tristam, and a Heritage Dungeon Dwellers 1201 Wizards and Magic Users figure.

The third pic is one of the RP 01-073 Clerics, another RP 98-001 W+C figure, Superior Models WL-010 Grand Wizard w/ Staff, what appears to be some variation of RP 03-007 (You can see that in the reference pic the bottom front of the tabard is sculpted differently over the left leg, there's no belt end hanging down, and the left knee guard doesn't seem to be there.), and another of the RP 98-010 W+C II figures.

In the last pic, there are the other two Grenadiers Champions 310 Terrorists, and pretty much the entire Grenadier Western Gunfighters line. There also seems to be some sci-fi or post-apoc guy down near the bottom of the pic as well. The sword in that pic belongs to the Dragontooth GD1 Horus figure seen earlier...

Spoiler

box1.JPG.3673633974b2d6e149efa5226dc2b040.JPG

box2.JPG.545fad95e5adfbb1ab37291bf6a6fcca.JPG

box3.JPG.a222db1cd00443a888cef416c82fca1f.JPG

xIMG_7652.JPG.0a45a12e162042c30b985e1f9346bdfd.JPG

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 5

These guys are things that have been sitting in one of the display cases at the store...

This first set of them is the bottom shelf.

EDIT:

-The first guy is, I believe, Grenadier's 107 Skeletal Cavalry 2,  then the M2 satyr from Grenadier's 6004 Monsters of Mythology box, Citadel Chaos Warriors C35 Corsair, Citadel C15 Armored Orcs 1C25 orc w/ axe, and WotC's 88272 Krenshar.

-In the second pic we have a Citadel skellie I can't ID, Citadel FTS8v2 Skeleton Advancing w/ Pitchfork, FanPro DSA-17011 Orc Warrior, a WotC 40049 Twig Blight (there are actually three of them in the collection), and a Citadel FTS17 Grim Reaper.

-Third pic is Reaper's 02043 Undead Rising in front, then the four RP 02-952 Skeletal Beastmen, an unknown skellie, one of the three Grenadier 131 Elite Undead Infantry, Grenadier 2019 Royal Guardsmen of the Undead legion box set S42 skeleton, and an unknown.

-Fourth pic is Reaper's 02013 Skeletal Archer and 02102 Plague Zombie, Grenadier Fantasy Warriors 9002 Orc Battleset M269 orc, Heritage Dungeon Dwellers 1238 Skeleton Men archer, Prince August SK3 Skeleton w/ Scythe and SK5 Armored Skeleton w/ Axe,  and another Grenadier 131 Undead Elite Infantry figure.

-Fifth pic starts with an undead called "Screamer" from the Citadel MD8 Skeletal War Machines box set, a Citadel C18 Night Horrors Wight Attacking , then the Grenadier 1506 Monster Manuscripts VI MM45 Liche King, Grenadier 878 Liche, and Reaper's 02077 Carnessa the Terrible.

-The last pic is a Grenadier Fantasy Warriors 5302 Amazon Attack Chariot, of which there is one full set in the collection and one set missing the warrior with the sword.

Spoiler

case-bottom-1.JPG.70023350ff683c672b3a05654ebd9752.JPG

case-bottom-2.JPG.6a6bfbd17f8be466f9a4afa26b839a6e.JPG

case-bottom-3.JPG.76d01cc4030a8f2cd8b97385568c48c3.JPG

case-bottom-4.JPG.f0f38c613532079220ad1e00a08b6323.JPG

case-bottom-5.JPG.a9b23a856778af23fd3d9b712aeb165b.JPG

case-bottom-6.JPG.0498601070917da0cd5f0852e6f7ef32.JPG

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 2

The twig blight is a WotC figure 40049

Woc-dnd-40049.jpg

I'll see if I can spot anything else if I have more time available tomorrow.
  • Like 1

I knew that little s.o.b. was WotC, but for some reason I couldn't find it tonight. Obviously, they hid it on me.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1