Sign in to follow this  
jonaas33

Kar Drakir, Reptus Dragonman 03316

I painted this fig over the weekend.  I typically stick with the bones material, but I liked this fig so much I splurged for the metal version.  I went with a red color scheme for a dragonborn character that I rolled up for an upcoming adventure.  I like how the gold armor goes with the reddish brown skin, but if I had to do it over, I would have chosen a more vibrant purple for the shield and cloth bits of the tunic.  Overall, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  I can definitely see myself getting a few more of these and doing them with color schemes for all of the other types of dragons.  Comments and critiques are welcome as always!  Thank you!

20180212_211109-2.jpg

20180212_211120-2.jpg

20180212_211130-3.jpg

20180212_211141-2.jpg

20180212_211158-2.jpg

20180213_075839.jpg

20180213_075808.jpg

Edited by jonaas33
New pictures
  • Like 13

Very Nice!

You do need some better pics though, these are a bit dark and obscure the colours a bit.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Glitterwolf!  Photography is definitely not my strong suit, but I'm working on it!  I added a couple of new pics that I took with better lighting this morning!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ManvsMini
      I painted these up about 6 months ago for my brother so he could surprise his players; he was running a small adventure for a group of people who hadn't played D&D before, and I wanted to help him get them to love the game. And nothing says "hey this game is awesome" more than when it has minis in it, and especially when those minis look like their character. They just finished their intro adventure this past weekend, so I thought I'd share.

Reaper Figs used:
      02926: Gungor, Half-Orc Monk
      77118: Tiviel, Hellborn Rogue
      77060: Dragonman Warrior
      77166: Balto Burrowell, Gnome Wizard

Apologies on the next pics, my brother took them and sent them to me via his phone, but didn't know much about the intricacies of photoing minis (I barely know more than he does):

The first two aren't anything super special; I had very little description to go off other than brown-hair halfling, and white dragonborn/black eyes. I did make the cloth purple on the dragonborn to make him match the hair on the upcoming tiefling since those players are a husband-wife duo in the real world.

The next figure I wish I could paint again, because I did some poor color choices with her shirt and skin; in the pics they look too similar, and they are. I'd redo the shirt, but not the green hotpants, because the player loved them.

This last one is my favorite, because I think he came out the best. He was the last one I painted, so a lot of the dust and cobwebs on my skill had been blown off. He's the only one that I was actually able to get a detailed character description of (steathily, because the minis were a surprise), so I didn't have to make up an entire scheme on my own (color scheme is the hardest part for me). Plus, the player said he had a mohawk, so I got to sculpt a faux-hawk on him.

Two regrets on him: the shadow color defining his muscles is too stark, wish I had gone with something a little lighter, and I'd redo his fauxhawk into a more spikey one.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with how they all turned out. They were the first ones I had done in several years, and the first ones I had done since my health problems snowballed; they were very much an "Am I able to still do this?" project. The fact that the players loved them, and wanted to keep them after they finished their adventure makes them all-the-more special to me (and they did get to keep them).

-MvM
    • By Pochi
      I somehow forgot to post this guy when I finished him last year. I painted him shortly after I finished his queenly counterpart. I had some issues with the ice on the base so it didn't turn out exactly as I hoped but it's ok. Painting these big guys is sure a whole different experience to painting the "normal" sized minis.

• By aku-chan
      Presenting The Fighter (Echoes of Death version), she's a Kingdom Death: Monster re-imagining of their existing The Fighter mini, who, in turn, was Kingdom Deaths take on a generic fighter class character.

Quite pleased with this one. She took a while as I kept finding bits I'd missed hiding under her hair, and I rushed her shield in the end (it needs at least one more highlight, but my hands have been really shaky recently and I didn't want to mess it up) so I may put a bit more work in at a later date.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Veteran Decimate, a minor noblewoman turned sword for hire, who was originally a member of Guild Balls mercenary Union team (I haven't painted this version yet), however plot related shenanigans caused her to move to the Brewers Guild team resulting in this new 'Veteran' version.

Really happy with this one, there's a few things I could do better (her bracers, straps and glove blend together too much), but I think overall it turned out pretty good.

• By aku-chan
      Presenting The Hookah, once one of many labourers working Howard Carters archaeological dig, he gave up his name when he joined the Cult of Set. He is also part of the Egyptian faction for the game Twisted.

Another mini where I wish I could've done a better job on his face, but this one had the double difficulties of not only being rather small and finely detailed but also obscured by his cultist hat.
      I think the rest of the mini makes up for that though, so I'm pretty pleased with him.

• Who's Online   41 Members, 3 Anonymous, 157 Guests (See full list)