Sign in to follow this  
jonaas33

Kar Drakir, Reptus Dragonman 03316

I painted this fig over the weekend.  I typically stick with the bones material, but I liked this fig so much I splurged for the metal version.  I went with a red color scheme for a dragonborn character that I rolled up for an upcoming adventure.  I like how the gold armor goes with the reddish brown skin, but if I had to do it over, I would have chosen a more vibrant purple for the shield and cloth bits of the tunic.  Overall, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  I can definitely see myself getting a few more of these and doing them with color schemes for all of the other types of dragons.  Comments and critiques are welcome as always!  Thank you!

20180212_211109-2.jpg

20180212_211120-2.jpg

20180212_211130-3.jpg

20180212_211141-2.jpg

20180212_211158-2.jpg

20180213_075839.jpg

20180213_075808.jpg

Edited by jonaas33
New pictures
  • Like 13

Very Nice!

You do need some better pics though, these are a bit dark and obscure the colours a bit.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Glitterwolf!  Photography is definitely not my strong suit, but I'm working on it!  I added a couple of new pics that I took with better lighting this morning!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By GodOfCheese
      This bones mini came attached to a rectangular base, like a coffin-top. The base was larger than a standard grid, so I chopped it off and stuck the mini on this base instead.  I figured it would give her a fun windswept look, like she was glaring down at the battlefield from a height.  :-)

The TMM globbed in a strange way on this mini that wasn't obvious to the naked eye.  I'm wondering if some of this is glare...?

Next problem: the base made her too tall to fit into my miniature storage...

• By Crimson_king_of_the_tower
      Ok I don't do that many WIPs but I thought I'd try on this one. This is so far a base coat and 6 layers of shading. I like to use glazes so the build up is very gradual and I have to remember that everytime I start a mini lol. I will put down about 10 more layers going down all the way to a deep purple. This is at the pure tanned skin shadow phase. It will be slow going due to work but I will keep up with it. Comments and criticism welcome and before it gets mentioned I removed no mold lines this is more of a proof of concept to see if I can finish a wip post and how my skin painting is coming along. Thanks! 

• By Metalchaos
      From the thick bushes on either side of the road, a volley of javelins flies towards you. You try to take cover while a second volley is hurled. Heavy rain makes it uneasy to see anything. The bushes rustle, and your assailants appear next to you. It's a group of four reptilian humanoids about six feet tall. Their roughened leathery scales shift from grayish brown to green. A disgusting smell sickens you as the chameleon-like creatures attack you with their primitive weapons, their teeth and claws.
      Here are the Lizardmen, Dark Heaven Bones sculpted by Gene Van Horne.
      From left to right;
      77426 Lizardman with Club and Shield
      77154 Lizardman Spearman
      77155 Lizardman Warrior 77425 Lizardman Archer       77154 Lizardman Spearman           77155 Lizardman Warrior           77425 Lizardman Archer           77426 Lizardman with Club and Shield        
    • By Metalchaos
      Classic Reaper Miniatures 02014, Skeleton Halberdier Dark Heaven Legends sculpted by Ed Pugh.        
  • Who's Online   37 Members, 5 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)