Sign in to follow this  
jonaas33

Kar Drakir, Reptus Dragonman 03316

I painted this fig over the weekend.  I typically stick with the bones material, but I liked this fig so much I splurged for the metal version.  I went with a red color scheme for a dragonborn character that I rolled up for an upcoming adventure.  I like how the gold armor goes with the reddish brown skin, but if I had to do it over, I would have chosen a more vibrant purple for the shield and cloth bits of the tunic.  Overall, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  I can definitely see myself getting a few more of these and doing them with color schemes for all of the other types of dragons.  Comments and critiques are welcome as always!  Thank you!

20180212_211109-2.jpg

20180212_211120-2.jpg

20180212_211130-3.jpg

20180212_211141-2.jpg

20180212_211158-2.jpg

20180213_075839.jpg

20180213_075808.jpg

Edited by jonaas33
New pictures
  • Like 13

Very Nice!

You do need some better pics though, these are a bit dark and obscure the colours a bit.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Glitterwolf!  Photography is definitely not my strong suit, but I'm working on it!  I added a couple of new pics that I took with better lighting this morning!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dmpv01
      AKA Dorva Shinystab Strongface

• By EldritchEladrin
      Hi all!
      Just recently finished painting my first Ral Partha figure: a heavy-armored warrior and a pretty dragon! 

Getting the pieces to fit together was a bit of a hassle (maybe it was a bad mould?), but after I got that sorted out I decided to go to with a classic blue dragon look.

Look at those chompers!!!

Used MSP Dragon Blue (29815) for the scales and wings, Sparkling Blue (09104) for the plate scales on the spine, and a mix of the Blonde Triad for the belly scales, horns, and wings.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with this one. Certainly earned a display place on my desk.

• By jonaas33
      The weather is basically perfect, so I have been outside painting and writing D&D adventures while enjoying the sunshine!  I got this bad dude finished a little bit ago and I am pretty proud of how he turned out.  I will probably go back and touch a few things up later on, but right now I would appreciate any critiques and advice.  Thanks in advance!

• By Sophie was taken
      Thread title pretty much sums it up. This is Callus the Renegade from Black Orc’s Hundred Kingdoms, sculpted by Jason Wiebe:

There is is a lot going on here, from chain, scale, and plate to all the spangly bits and Things on Belts. Tried to add some variety of color where possible. Not sure what actual colors were worn by Roman soldiers, but red is popular among cosplayers according to Google. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t purple at least.

Turns out Dark Elf Skin is a pretty good approximation of actual gorilla flesh. It also seems that brown is not a popular color for actual gorilla fur, but whatever.

I was unsure just what that thing in his left hand is, so I imagined it as some sort of monkey-headed scepter, and painted it up in Dragon Copper and Antique Gold. Mostly as an excuse to try out some GW verdigris. I probably miffed the placement, but it’s a neat effect. Very much a “nasty old penny” look.

Did I mention this guy is big? Here he is alongside Miss Forscale the Strumpet:

Comments and critiques appreciated!
  • Who's Online   29 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)