Sign in to follow this  
jonaas33

Kar Drakir, Reptus Dragonman 03316

I painted this fig over the weekend.  I typically stick with the bones material, but I liked this fig so much I splurged for the metal version.  I went with a red color scheme for a dragonborn character that I rolled up for an upcoming adventure.  I like how the gold armor goes with the reddish brown skin, but if I had to do it over, I would have chosen a more vibrant purple for the shield and cloth bits of the tunic.  Overall, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  I can definitely see myself getting a few more of these and doing them with color schemes for all of the other types of dragons.  Comments and critiques are welcome as always!  Thank you!

20180212_211109-2.jpg

20180212_211120-2.jpg

20180212_211130-3.jpg

20180212_211141-2.jpg

20180212_211158-2.jpg

20180213_075839.jpg

20180213_075808.jpg

Edited by jonaas33
New pictures
  • Like 13

Very Nice!

You do need some better pics though, these are a bit dark and obscure the colours a bit.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Glitterwolf!  Photography is definitely not my strong suit, but I'm working on it!  I added a couple of new pics that I took with better lighting this morning!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By EldritchEladrin
      Hello all,

Starting a new WIP for a mini I'm working on for one of the players in my D&D 5e campaign.

One of her characters is a Tiefling Eldritch Knight, so I have selected the glaive-weilding S'Kara to be the starting point for this project...

As you can see, I have just begun. I have primed the mini, and used a pair of pliers to slightly curve her horns, to achieve a more ram-like, less devil-like look.

I'm currently in the process of selecting colours for the cloth portion of her outfit. Any suggestions or ideas? (Fyi, she will have dark brown hair and olive skin).

As always, comments and constructive feedback are always welcome! 

-E.E.
    • By aku-chan

Presenting Jakob Knochengard - Zombie Slayer, the first finished mini from my Dreadmere Begins WIP thread.

I've been really taken with the minis Reaper have been producing for their Dreadmere setting, hopefully a few more of the ones they're doing for Bones 4 get released in metal.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Envii
      I'm working on painting a tribe of wolf people and this is the second guy I've completed (first one here).  This is also the first custom base that I've made.

Funny side note: Early on in painting this guy I posted on the works in progress board asking for opinions on what is hanging on his foot.  The conclusion that we came to was that it was some kind of buckle which apparently the sculptor of this piece (Werner Klocke) is obsessed with.  As I kept painting I definitely started noticing the abundance of buckles across the various leather straps.  It just made me laugh every time I discovered a new one.

Anyway comments, suggestions, and criticisms welcome!  Thanks!

• By Pingo
      (Note: I actually started these a while back, though they are not done yet. This is a bit less of a WIP thread than a how-I-got-here-so-far thread, which I will update as I get my old pictures organized. Questions and comments and critiques are, as always, welcome.)

Last summer Bad Squiddo Games hosted a brief Kickstarter, "My Last Sunrise," of an assortment of Gothic horror minis centered around vampires. These two stood out to me as a little beyond the Hammer horror ethos of most of the other figures. While I was painting them I thought of them as "Feral Vampires," although when I just rechecked they are called "Vampire Thralls."

I dunno. They don't look very thrall-like to me.

Their tag line in the Kickstarter was "Float about in my night dress cooing for scraps? No way. I hunt my own meal."

Anyhow, they have a fun, odd, lady pirate or highwayman look.

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

This is a slight deviation from how I prime figures. Normally I prime them with Titanium White (which I did here) and then wash over them with Burnt Umber to bring out the details. These I wanted kind of cold-looking, so I washed them with a cold dark grey mixed from Burnt Sienna and Ultramarine Blue.

That's them on the left. For a while I was including Bad Squiddo's "Dracula" in the photos, so you get a free peek at that too.

And as per usual, the first thing I did was their skin. In contrast to the skin of living humans, I have been painting vampire skin in stark black-and-white mixed from Titanium White and Carbon Black. The very first layer is thinned Titanium White, then pale shadows of the lightest grey.

• By Envii
      I'm painting a Rageclaw Warrior and I'm trying to figure out what this thing is.  He has a leather strap wrapped around one of his hind legs and there's something hanging off it.  Can anyone tell what it is?  It's a package or a letter maybe?  I don't know what color to paint it.

• Who's Online   39 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)