Sign in to follow this  
jonaas33

Kar Drakir, Reptus Dragonman 03316

I painted this fig over the weekend.  I typically stick with the bones material, but I liked this fig so much I splurged for the metal version.  I went with a red color scheme for a dragonborn character that I rolled up for an upcoming adventure.  I like how the gold armor goes with the reddish brown skin, but if I had to do it over, I would have chosen a more vibrant purple for the shield and cloth bits of the tunic.  Overall, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  I can definitely see myself getting a few more of these and doing them with color schemes for all of the other types of dragons.  Comments and critiques are welcome as always!  Thank you!

20180212_211109-2.jpg

20180212_211120-2.jpg

20180212_211130-3.jpg

20180212_211141-2.jpg

20180212_211158-2.jpg

20180213_075839.jpg

20180213_075808.jpg

Edited by jonaas33
New pictures
  • Like 13

Very Nice!

You do need some better pics though, these are a bit dark and obscure the colours a bit.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Glitterwolf!  Photography is definitely not my strong suit, but I'm working on it!  I added a couple of new pics that I took with better lighting this morning!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Okey dokey, this one I finished this morning, an old knight from Ral Partha.  I think it's sculpted by Julie Guthrie, but not 100% sure.  My biggest problem was what to put on the shield, and my freehand is pretty rudimentary, sonot so perfectly sure how it came out.

Anyhow, hope you guys enjoy him.

• By aku-chan
      Still taking a little break from my other projects, so I'm currently painting random Guild Ball minis, the latest being Farris, ex-knight and master blacksmith:-

Hopefully I got all the mold-lines, I did spot the one on her collar after taking these piccys.

Got her head painted.
      Her face is a base of 1:1 Beastly Brown/Dwarf Skin, Brown Shade Wash and then highlights of 1:1 Beastly Brown/Dwarf Skin and 1:1:1 Beastly Brown/Dwarf Skin/Light Skin.
      And her hair is Leather Brown, shaded with Brown Wash and highlighted with 2:1 Leather Brown/Bonewhite.

Next job will likely be painting the underside of her horse (he has a name but I've forgotten it) black. I meant to do that first, but forgot 
    • By dmpv01
      AKA Dorva Shinystab Strongface

• By EldritchEladrin
      Hi all!
      Just recently finished painting my first Ral Partha figure: a heavy-armored warrior and a pretty dragon! 

Getting the pieces to fit together was a bit of a hassle (maybe it was a bad mould?), but after I got that sorted out I decided to go to with a classic blue dragon look.

Look at those chompers!!!

Used MSP Dragon Blue (29815) for the scales and wings, Sparkling Blue (09104) for the plate scales on the spine, and a mix of the Blonde Triad for the belly scales, horns, and wings.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with this one. Certainly earned a display place on my desk.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)