Digging the bold paint jobs on em, makes me think of the cell shaded style of Borderlands (which is a fantastic and vibrant style).

Good luck at the convention. 

• Like 3

Excellent! I love the heat discoloration on the barrel shroud.

• Like 2

Well, they looks all set for another bug hunt; nice job!

Good luck at the con/contest, too.

• Like 1

After all is said and done, the were beat out by some more GW stuff, and didn't even place. I'm starting to dislike the popular vote, over the judged contests. At least with the judged contests, you know the folks are looking at every little detail, and not just having your friends vote for your half painted army. Ah well. Next year!

• Like 6

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By cassault
      These are the first figures I painted after lurking around here for a few months. Think they came out well.

• By Geoff Davis
      02476: Lorna The Huntress sculpted by Bobby Jackson.  This is the P65 version.  A bit of a speedpaint in order to try out a different tartan colour scheme.  This one is based upon the Robertson Hunting Tartan.

• By wickedshifty
      Just a bug I did for fun :)

• By SamuraiJack
      About
      REWARDS
      Our campaign is geared towards producing two opposing factions for the initial launch of the game.  The Lords faction fight for mineral resources which sustain their immortality; the Omrath faction fight to protect lands deemed sacred in a religious war.  We have designed 5 boxed sets for each factions.  If you are seeking to play the game, and not just collect the miniatures, it is recommended to buy all 5 boxed sets for one of the factions.  The reward structure is setup so that backers can spend in $50 increments, since all boxed sets have been designed to retail for $50 each.  Below are the specifications for each boxed set, across the 2 starter factions:
      LORDS FACTION
       OMRATH FACTION

• By NecroMancer
      It's been awhile since I posted some pics of my completed works so I thought I would get some put up here in hopes of some more insightful C&C.

Here is Mason Thornwarden which I recently got from the BoGW.

A couple comments about this guy.  I was going for a polished grainy wood appearance on the bow but not sure if I like the result (on the picture that looks like a white spot on he back of the bow is just the reflection of my lamp on the glossy bow).  On his quiver and scabbard I tried kind of a black leather look which I have mixed feeling about as they look better in person than on camera.  I also tried some NMM gold on the handle of the bow with my new MSP paints, again I have mixed feelings about how it turned out but I really like the triad.

I think my painting continues improving but I am still lightyears from where I want to be.  I know I can still be a little cleaner with my paint job and I could work on smoothing my blends (especially on the boots) but I would really appreciate any C&C that anyone has.

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)