Once again, my carefully laid out painting plans are blown apart by the arrival of shiny new things!

In this case it's my new Guildball obsession, and I'm starting with a few members of the Hunters Guild.

tSkdXRD.jpg

This is Skatha, her right hand was a bit miscast and tidying it up cost her the tips of several fingers.

FG7jyKb.jpg

This is Snow, she was slightly too big for the base provided, so I had to greenstuff the gap around her posing rock.

JMYcQOO.jpg

This is Veteren Hearne. Another one who was too big for his base, so he's had to go on a bit of cork.

dUrNlbj.jpg

And finally, this is Ulfr. His left arm did not like being attached and resulted in pretty horrible gap:-

5DZ6uh7.jpg

That needed filling.

I did a fairly decent job, but forgot to take a piccy of my handiwork.

Overall, impressed by the sculpting, not so much by the casting or design.

Now on to the painting:-

RB3stCs.jpg

Decided to start with Hearne.

Based his skin with 1:1 Dwarf Flesh/Bronze Fleshtone and gave it a coat of Flesh Wash.

My bottle of Bronze Fleshtone is pretty old and had separated badly, so I stopped using it, and instead applied highlights of pure Dwarf Flesh and 1:1 Dwarf Flesh/Light Flesh.

He also got Bonewhite Teeth and a 1:1 Scarlett Red/Parasite Brown moustache. I also appear to have got a spot of moustache colour on his lip ::(:

• Like 22

You have some wonderful miniatures there. I know they will be EVEN MORE WONDERFUL once you have worked your magic on them. Have FUN with the process.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys!

Bit more progress:-

IGo3Mms.jpg

Gave his moustache a highlight of 1:1 Red Orange/Cork Brown.

Then I painted his vest a coat of Olive Green, the stitching and cord was Cork Brown and the skulls were Bonewhite, this then all got a Brown Wash and then a highlight of their base colours (his hood got an extra highlight of 1:1 Olive Green/Ochre Yellow).

Next job will be a paint one of his three types of fur, so much fur!

• Like 16

Yet more progress:-

eBm47Ko.jpgvkJWZWG.jpg

Painted up fur type 1 (AKA Clumpy Fur) with a base of Cold Grey, then a Black Wash and then dots of 1:1 Cold Grey/Wolf Grey. It doesn't look that good magnified in a piccy, but in hand it's surprisingly effective.

Also basecoated his waistcoat (Lonestar Leather), Hunters Guild symbols (Brassy Brass) and 1 Moon Charm (Bronze), then gave them a Brown Wash.

I want to try and get these highlighted up later so I can varnish what I've done so far.

• Like 16

More progress:-

Fmllapm.jpgMUutFaH.jpg

Painted his arm guards and boot (Leather Brown > Brown Wash > Leather Brown > 1:1 Leather Brown/Cork Brown > 1:2 Leather Brown/Cork Brown, with Oily Steel studs, more Bronze moon charms and Cork Brown stitches.

The gloves are 1:1 Scarlett Red/Leather Brown with a Brown Wash and highlights of 1:1 Scarlett Red/Leather Brown and 1:1:1 Scarlett Red/Leather Brown/Ochre Yellow.

I then moved on to the handle of his spear and his wooden leg. The wood parts are Parasite Brown and the wraps are 1:1 Bonewhite/Ochre Yellow, both were given a Brown Wash and then the base colours were reapplied.

The jawbone was done in Bonewhite with a touch of Yellow Ochre added for the teeth, this then got a Brown Wash and then drybrushes of it's base colours.

Finally he got a Bronze moon wand with a Dark Prussian Blue gem.

I'm still not very good at gems, but this one is better than most.

Still got a lot too do but I'm getting there.

• Like 19

Yet more progress:-

OKQ4dPV.jpg

Finished painting him from the waist down.

Most of these colours were already used elsewhere, but the trousers started from a base of Dark Green with a touch of Pure Black, then a highlight of Dark Green and then a Black Wash to make it all darker.

Just fur to go, lots and lots of fur.

• Like 16

On 2/22/2018 at 5:02 PM, aku-chan said:

I'm still not very good at gems, but this one is better than most.

That gem looks great! (as does everything else) love the lighter blue curved highlight, really helps make it pop from blue decoration to blue gem for me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks! Wish I could've blended it a bit better though.

Progress:-

6vYYre0.jpg

Got the inside of his cape painted (1:1 Dwarf Flesh/Parasite Brown > Flesh Wash).

Finally discovered why his skull crotch protector was a separate piece, it's impossible to reach the bit of cape between his legs with it in place ::(:

Managed to jam a brush in there enough that it looks fully painted, but it's going to bug the heck out of me.

• Like 18

Go aku! Your output is great! If you continue like this, you will be sure to beat @malefactus sooner or later!

On 13.2.2018 at 6:32 PM, aku-chan said:

tSkdXRD.jpg

This is Skatha, her right hand was a bit miscast and tidying it up cost her the tips of several fingers.

image.png.951b69a599900e81aa32ee08432a52d3.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Thanks! I just seem to be in something of a painting mood lately.

Progress:-

ojN3muS.jpg

Painted fur type 2, straggly fur.

Wanted to put some variations in it, make it look more natural, so from a base of 1:1 Ochre Yellow/Parasite Brown, I splogged Brown and Sepia Washes over it, once dry I drybrushed 1:1 Ochre Yellow/Parasite Brown, pure Ochre Yellow and 1:1 Ochre Yellow/Iraqi Sand randomly, finally I splooged some thinned Brown and Sepia Washes in random spots.

I think I was too subtle to get the effect I was after, but I like how it looks.

Hopefully it'll dry by tomorrow (gotta remember not to use so much glaze medium), just got fur type 3 - pointy fur left.

• Like 18

Thanks!

Moar progress:-

BJAVfq4.jpg4MOHUjU.jpg

Painted the pointy fur, it's a base of Scarlett Red with drybrushes of Red Orange and 1:1 Red Orange/Ochre Yellow and a Brown Wash.

Just the base to go and my first Guild Ball mini is finished!

• Like 18

Made a small start to both Snow and Skatha today:-

PSHaTif.jpg

Snows fur was based with Wolf Grey, drybrushed with Off-white and given a coat of Grey Wash.

I might hit it with another Off-white drybrush, not sure yet.

uUCd5CR.jpg

Skathas skin is a base of 1:1 Light Flesh/Rosy Flesh with a Flesh Wash so far.

She's also showing off a lot more of it than I first realized.

• Like 17