I once again am totally amazed by your skind painting. Great work so far. Looking forward to seeing more.

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/31/2018 at 6:49 AM, SisterMaryNapalm said:

I once again am totally amazed by your skind painting. Great work so far. Looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks!

I still insist it's all down to the Flesh Wash, it's liquefied magic!

Finally managed a little painting today:-

VF0pqRW.jpgwY930Zy.jpg

Finished her skin with highlights of 1:1 and 1:2 Rosy Flesh/Light Flesh, I added a drop of Blood Red to the top highlight mix to paint her lips and managed some basic eyes (they're surprisingly small for such a large head).

Fought with her hair, it was based with Hexed Lichen, given a Black Wash, highlighted with Hexed Lichen, given spot highlights of 1:1 and 1:2 Hexed Lichen/Off-white, glazed with thinned Hexed Lichen, re-shaded with Black Wash and then I gave up.

Also painted her head thing (Lonestar Leather > Brown Wash > Lonestar Leather > 1:1 Lonestar Leather/Ochre Yellow) and skulls in Bonewhite.

4P5Mbjo.jpgk1eyNpz.jpg

Decided Snows fur was fine (didn't want to risk using my unreliable drybrushing skills), painted her harness and things (Lonestar Leather > Brown Wash > Lonestar Leather > 1:1 Lonestar Leather/Ochre Yellow), there was also Bronze moon charms, a Bonewhite skull and a Brassy Brass guild symbol.

The posing rock is a base of 1:1 Cold Grey/Olive Green so far.

• Like 12

Wolf is beautiful!

The human is great as well.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys!

More progress:-

ZLUwedb.jpgcYBV31K.jpg

Tried tackling her hair again, this time I went in a different order and applied more general highlights (1:2 Pure Black/Hexed Lichen > Hexed Lichen > 1:1 Hexed Lichen/Off-white > Off-white with a brushtipful of the previous layer > Black Wash > Violet Ink glaze). It's still not how I envisioned it, but I'm happier with it.

Also made a start on her cape. The yellow part is a base of Ochre Yellow with a Brown Wash and then drybrushes of Ochre Yellow and 1:1 Ochre Yellow/Iraqi Sand, while the red is just a base of Scarlett Red so far, plus some Dark Prussian Blue feathers.

LZNcmrD.jpgmVkiEGI.jpg

Snow is all based up.

I'll do better pictures later when I make a show-off thread.

• Like 12

Thanks!

Been forgetting to take pictures again:-

ZFSHNyf.jpg7lt0sUF.jpg

This was done over lots of little painting sessions, so I can't remember what colours I used ::(:

Today's session was basecoating her shorts in Olive Green plus a Brown Wash.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

Thanks!

Been forgetting to take pictures again:-

ZFSHNyf.jpg7lt0sUF.jpg

This was done over lots of little painting sessions, so I can't remember what colours I used ::(:

Today's session was basecoating her shorts in Olive Green plus a Brown Wash.

I love her eyes. She really has a mean gaze.

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 4/16/2018 at 5:31 PM, SisterMaryNapalm said:

I love her eyes. She really has a mean gaze.

Thanks! I always seem to have better luck with painting eyes if I paint them looking to one side.

Progress:-

yZzQblG.jpg

Her tatty leg-warmers are done.

The cloth parts are Lonestar Leather and the fur parts are Cold Grey > Brown Wash > Wolf Grey.

Base time!

• Like 11

9 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Thanks! I always seem to have better luck with painting eyes if I paint them looking to one side.

That is one of my secrets to how I paint eyes as well.

• Like 1