attrezzop

<- Noob post. Just put down for two 500pt armies

I'm interested in getting into wargames. Warlord appealed to me because I'm a fantasy rpg gamer as well and I was attracted by the idea of having a wargame be less picky about what minis were included. As I build my Warlord armies I expand my minis for fantasy gaming as well. 
It seems like this game has been thoroughly overlooked. The rules seem well supported and the accessories and so on simple. It looks super fun! Also the Bones series of minis seem like a good way to trim the costs of building a giant army while keeping the large minigame feel. 

I've gathered up all of the information I could about Warlord, I have both of the second edition books, Found the tutorials offered by reaper, etc. I get the gist but I still feel like it'd be nice to play through a game with someone that has played before.

Anyone playing in the Tulsa area? Or is anyone on the forum willing to do a google hangout with me and a friend of mine to walk us through how to play?

I feel like a little bit of attention in the press area and Warlord could still be a worthwhile game to play long term. For the life of me I can't figure out why they don't remold all of the Warlord models in bones to cut the costs as that might just set it loose. Hell a Warlord reboot kickstarter seems like just just the thing. Remake the entire warlord series in bones and include a revised rule compendium. Badda bing badda boom.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, attrezzop said:

I'm interested in getting into wargames. Warlord appealed to me because I'm a fantasy rpg gamer as well and I was attracted by the idea of having a wargame be less picky about what minis were included. As I build my Warlord armies I expand my minis for fantasy gaming as well. 
It seems like this game has been thoroughly overlooked. The rules seem well supported and the accessories and so on simple. It looks super fun! Also the Bones series of minis seem like a good way to trim the costs of building a giant army while keeping the large minigame feel. 

I've gathered up all of the information I could about Warlord, I have both of the second edition books, Found the tutorials offered by reaper, etc. I get the gist but I still feel like it'd be nice to play through a game with someone that has played before.

Anyone playing in the Tulsa area? Or is anyone on the forum willing to do a google hangout with me and a friend of mine to walk us through how to play?

I feel like a little bit of attention in the press area and Warlord could still be a worthwhile game to play long term. For the life of me I can't figure out why they don't remold all of the Warlord models in bones to cut the costs as that might just set it loose. Hell a Warlord reboot kickstarter seems like just just the thing. Remake the entire warlord series in bones and include a revised rule compendium. Badda bing badda boom.

Welcome to the Warlord club, you are right this game has been overlooked, and it is up to all of us to change that, Reaper did it's part by make the game and putting out for all of us to enjoy, I'm not sure if Reaper needs to do a kickstarter for Warlord. The way I see it the rules are fine the way they are, So! we don't need a rules redo, and I'm not a Bones fan, I like only Reapers metal figures only but that's up to each individual.

• Like 2

Same here. The last thing everyone wants to see is a revision of the current rules since there is nothing seriously wrong with it. For your information, I believe the 2nd edition was entirely driven by some hardcore players. There will be no more change. The best we can hope is to incorporate the halflings and Razig as official armies, or to have a story that bring the the world of Taltos and Savage North together. Given the fact that there are so many models and factions already, it will take a lot of work and one's imagination to introduce a new one and add more troop type. Again, this will not happen.

I don't like bones at all. All my models are metal including Deathsleet.

Edited by wildger
  • Like 4

Welcome!

You can try sending a PM to Wildbill or Warwick, they are (or used to be) in the Tulsa area, although neither has been very active lately. There are still a few veterans here who can help you with any questions you may have.

• Like 3