Disciple of Sakura

T'Raukzul, Great Wyrm Red Dragon & Treasure Hoard (Really Picture Heavy)

This turned out fantastic. I'm a detail junkie so all the little bits and bobs in the treasure horde really make this come together for me. Coupled with your excellent paint work, I'm sure your players are going to love this. 

(Although they may dislike you for dropping that great beast on them)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

***Drops Jaw***

Awesome!

Thanks. I appreciate it. 

14 hours ago, Pochi said:

Nicely done! Great details on the base too!

I probably spent more time on getting the base put together from bits I had lying around than painting it. I also probably spent more money on the base than on the dragon miniature itself. 

17 hours ago, Wombat Warden said:

Some characters are in for a world of hurt. That's really cool. :)

They're already dreading it, like being Gestalt Mythic Pathfinder characters with elite Stat arrays isn't enough.

19 hours ago, eldamir said:

Looks awesome!! 

Thanks very much. 

20 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

zonds that is a wonderful job.  love the dragon and the basing.  first rate. 

Appreciate it. 

20 hours ago, DanH said:

Fantastic! That is very impressive.

I love how dragons look when I'm done, but painting them is so tedious. 

21 hours ago, JGroeling said:

This turned out fantastic. I'm a detail junkie so all the little bits and bobs in the treasure horde really make this come together for me. Coupled with your excellent paint work, I'm sure your players are going to love this. 

(Although they may dislike you for dropping that great beast on them)

I had fun putting together all the bits, though I did notice several repeating details used in the resin treasure and pewter pieces. I honestly would have liked an even larger coin hoard, but I want sure how to pull it off without it becoming even more uneven. 

Edited by Disciple of Sakura
  • Like 3

Really love the gradients on the wings.

Also love that statue.  I'm envisioning the conversation that took place as it was added to the horde - "..and place that over by the wall....No, a little more to the right."

7 hours ago, Clearman said:

Really love the gradients on the wings.

Also love that statue.  I'm envisioning the conversation that took place as it was added to the horde - "..and place that over by the wall....No, a little more to the right."

One of my friends looked right at the statue and mused that she was clearly a petrified adventurer.

Edited by Disciple of Sakura
  • Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Midi
      Each of these took me about two hours to paint. Pretty happy with how they turned out, but I was going for more if a woven grass look on the hobgoblin but don't think I actually achieved it.

• By scalehunter
      Hi, I have decided to attempt to improve my painting ability by painting my way through h the reaper 3 core set. I will attempt to update weekly and am welcome to tips and critiques as the goal is to improve what I can do as I go.  
      this first batch includes 2 variations of lizard folk 77426 77154, a yeti 77436, a Giant Cobra 77321, and an elite Hobgoblin 77477. My first specific request for help is the use of unusual colors. I feel that I too often use mainly greys and browns, the lizard folk are a good example of one being a little more bland but realistic but the other allows for using colors I wouldn't be able to justify otherwise. I really struggle picking out colors for capes and armors as these end up looking either out of place or way to bland and boring. do you have any ways of choosing when to reach out with bright colors and when to be more reserved? I hope to use responses here to mold future paint jobs for next week. Thanks Guys CC welcome

• By retlif
      Hello fellow miniature painters! This is my first attempt at painting a r̶e̶s̶i̶n̶ Bonesium miniature model.
      My local miniature hobby shop was holding a painters' meet-up and the subject was anything humanoid or figurine.
      I bought the Frost Giant King and got my paint scheme and inspiration from KingMob's painted Frost Giant King. 
      I think I did an okay-ish job, although no where as good as KingMob or other experienced painters here. Also the sword and spear are bent. Gonna try to straighten it by softening in boiling water and quenching in ice water.

I bought a couple more Reaper Minis and hope to complete them some time soon. 

• By Disciple of Sakura
      So, I'm not gonna lie. At least half the reason I backed the Rising Sun kickstarter last year was simply to get my hands on this miniature. It was gorgeous, and I've been itching to paint up an Oriental lung dragon. Back in the heady days of Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd edition, I got into RPGs, and the Monster Manual portrayed the Gold Dragons as the serpentine, Oriental dragon types, and I have always felt a strong level of appreciation for that aesthetic specifically for the gold dragon. I got the KS about two weeks ago, have already played it twice with friends, and having finished my massive T'Raukzul, I decided to go ahead and paint the monsters from the Rising Sun core game. I knocked it out in 2 days. Enjoy, and I'm happy to hear about where I could improve.

• By dice4hire
      I did the dragon for Dragons Don't Share as a metallic test for my Ma'al Drakar I just posted pics of. Overall I am happy with him, and am glad I covered the body Aged Pewter with Adamantium Black.

• Who's Online   19 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)