Since I don't have enough projects on the go, I decided to start another one.  When the Bones III Kickstarter came around I really liked the Blackstar Corsairs, so much I ordered two sets.

When the giant box o' Bones arrived I was surprised to see them on their sprues still and in pieces. Not a problem, it just meant I couldn't play with them, err, inspect them when I was sorting my figs.  So they all went in a Ziploc.

Today while pondering which project to work on I noticed them (they were hiding behind another project I have't even started a WIP on yet....:upside:).

And tonight while pondering how the Olympics ruin TV for everyone, even when it is night where the Olympics are being held, I decided to go take a look at them.

first_5_test_fit.jpg.1f1df1f77890dd7bf2d0975a4da0ec3a.jpg

I found it interesting that all 5 come with the same "accessory" sprue, which contains a bayonet, a belt of grenades?, the visor, a sheathed knife and a gun with right hand.

But 80076 and 80080 come with the same gun on their parts sprue as well.  So you end up with a couple extra guns.

Each guy comes in 4 parts btw, lower torso, upper torso and each arm.  My plan is to do the first 5 as designed, then do some mods on the other 5.  May need to look for some weapons to swap.

At this point these guys are just clipped and friction fitted.  I'll get them cleaned up and glued together sometime soon.  The middle 3 will likely need the right arm and weapon left off until after painting the body.

Not sure if I'll use all of the accessories on all of them or not.

I'm very happy with these guys, glad I got 2 sets.  They will likely play a role in my Savage Rifts campaign at some point.  And maybe the IMEF have a new enemy to battle....

• Like 9

Really excellent. I can't wait to see these painted up. I eventually want to get some of these guys and paint them up as Terran Marines from SCII. 

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now