Sign in to follow this  
ced1106

Knight Models: Harry Potter Adventure Game : March 14th

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

Looks good, but Knight Models *shudder* they may as well be cast in platinum given how much they cost

3 hours ago, Smokestack said:

My thoughts too. Just hope its not an all or nothing campaign like Darksword does.... $150.00 minimum buy in... If that's the case, I will probably be out. Too many projects coming that I want.

My worries too. Knight Models have a $20/figure normal sale price for a 28-35mm scale figure which is crazy high. Dark Sword are cast better and run $10/figure. This could get gnarly on cost. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ced1106 said:

The models are in resin, not metal, so are less expensive, though under $15 MSRP is still not cheap. The KS prices should be lower, but we'll have to see.

Batman 2nd edition resin: http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/08/knight-models-batman-2nd-edition.html

Knight-Models-Pre-Coloured-Plastics.jpg

How's the resin hold up when removing the venting?

Brittle?

• Like 1

Oof -- looks like more than just brittleness. A Dakkanaut reports QA problems, like missing body parts. See Aeneade's post.

Do your research. Reading various negative comments about KM as a company. On the fence with this one. Need to remind myself that I don't "need" any more miniatures...!

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/1410/677984.page

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ced1106 said:

Oof -- looks like more than just brittleness. A Dakkanaut reports QA problems, like missing body parts. See Aeneade's post.

Do your research. Reading various negative comments about KM as a company. On the fence with this one. Need to remind myself that I don't "need" any more miniatures...!

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/1410/677984.page

Thanks for the info.  As much as I want this to be amazing I don't want to be naïve.

• Like 3

So... it's a skirmish game, in which you pick up objectives and... stopped watching it there. 

The base game has seven resin miniatures. With a MSRP of $15 per miniature, if the pledge is $100, you're essentially getting a "free" game. Guess I'll wait for the KS to see what they have to offer... 

• Like 2

I'm interested.  I've been cleaning out surplus gaming stuff in the basement - if it goes well, I can afford to back it.  If not, I will probably have to give it a miss. 

• Like 1

Interesting, a poster on Dakka just stated that this will no longer be a kickstarter. There will be a preorder set up later this month.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Smokestack said:

Interesting, a poster on Dakka just stated that this will no longer be a kickstarter. There will be a preorder set up later this month.

Yep, the kickstarter was officially canceled.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Dang!  So there goes any hopes of good Kickstarter deals making this more reasonable to afford...

You can check out the preorder prices on Knight Models’ website. They’re pretty comparable to what I assumed the prices were going to be on kickstarter. 

I honestly think the only change here is that they’re no longer giving Kickstarter a cut.

• Like 4

With a web pre-order, KM is targeting KM customers, who are *much* more interested in modelling and painting, and *much* more willing to pay higher prices for a model. If you're going to offer a well-known IP for a boardgame, you'd better have a CMON-style game (like Monolith is doing with Batman) with huge quantities of pre-assembled non-brittle miniatures, or there will be nerdrage -- like BGG is showing. I'm not sure what the KM's HP licensed did and did not allow them to do, but I think they shouldn't even have considered the KS route, and stuck to how they released the Batman miniatures game. I think they thought KS would be a good idea, but changed their mind. Some of you noticed that the HP website switched to a placeholder banner for awhile, which probably indicated they were making a last-minute decision not to use KS. I also think this is for the best -- just imagine if they had a QA error (the likelihood increasing with the pressure of a ton of KS orders), and had to replace *hundreds* of miniatures. Through a web pre-order, they'll have fewer orders, but the project should be more manageable.

Ooo... limited offer Voldemore for *only* forty bucks!!! <_<

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 2

How has everyone been with their customer service? My captain America is missing a shield arm and I've never received a reply from them. 

Trying to decide if I want to pre-order. 

• Like 1