Sign in to follow this  
LarsM

Sunrise diorama

Awesome!

I love the story and the execution.

*** Poor guy, it will be his last sunrise***

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That is fantastic! I love the work, and I really love the idea. I kinda feel bad for the poor fellow. Simply beautiful. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Geoff Davis
      03428: Barrow Warden Mystic sculpted by Bob Ridolfi

• By althai
      Since the piece does contain some nudity, I'm only showing back/side views here to respect the forum rules. More angles are available at my website, https://www.lightminiatures.com/come-back-to-me-my-love/.

I also have a bit of a backstory and a LOT of work-in-progress photos of both the painting and some of the sculpting work I did for the resurrection effect and other parts of the diorama. It's definitely worth checking out. :) For anyone who was at ReaperCon and didn't get a chance to check out the booklet (I know how cons can be), the blog post is basically the same thing.

The main figure is 03784: D’Vandra Lukesia by Bobby Jackson. The resurrection effect is constructed using 03639: Bella, Succubus by Patrick Keith, and Secret Weapon’s skeleton kit. Everything else is scratchbuilt out of putty, plastic card, parchment paper, cork tile, and wire, apart from two resin vases I got from somewhere I can't remember.

If you have any comments, questions, or constructive criticism, that is always welcome!

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

This turned out to be a rough sculpt...

Kev!
      P.S. Sing it baby!
    • By Cyradis
      I did the eyes for this one months ago. I'm going to try NMM steel on her armor and weapons (I've mostly done weapons previously). Skin is the olive triad, but i tried the yellow-red-blue top to bottom as tints, in addition to my red brick shadows and golden highlights. Hair is base coated only. Skirt has a dark shadow base, and preliminary deepest shadow layers. It will be a deep red in the end. I'll keep taking it brighter until I am happy with it. I want it to be a bit darker than some of the trim on the armor. Perhaps it will get freehanded. Not sure yet. 

Also... oh my gosh my paint stays wet for SO LONG. What?! How do I? I can blend the things!?

• By dks
      Here is the latest of my Pathfinder figures that I painted: Barzillai Thrune (#60205). 
      I sculpted this figure last year and he was newly available at ReaperCon 2017.  If you go to ReaperCon this year, you can see this figure in person.
      As with Octavio Sabinus (link to my Show-Off thread), Barzillai also appears in the Pathfinder Adventure Path "Hell's Rebels" as a major NPC: link to cover image of #97. (Wayne Reynolds painted the cover art.  The armor makes me think of a shark.)
      Barzillai is the new lord-mayor in Kintargo, and his notions of law and order are going to provoke a lot of resentment, especially from the PCs!
      I wanted the base to evoke a city under siege, so I sculpted the stone rubble out of Aves Apoxie Sculpt, and stuck some toothpicks in as stakes.

Enjoy!

Derek
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)