Sign in to follow this  
Jeneki

Warbands of the Cold North VI - Ulfhildr's Heroes

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1103158358/warbands-of-the-cold-north-vi-ulfhildrs-heroes

Project description:

About

Hello Again Kickstarter backers new and loyal, longtime supporters and fans of Red Box games! We have returned again to kickstarter in the hopes to fund our newest selection of fantasy norse figures that we call the Njorn. 

Our intention is to fund the production of a new set of heroes and their faithful follower rank and file troops. We also intend to fund the set up of our in house production capacity! This means buying a spin caster, a smelter, all the various periphery of safe casting, metal shelves to hold molds ( LOTS of molds ) having our molds shipped to us from the various contractors we currently partner with, and raw metal to do the casting with. Being set up for in house production will allow us to reinvest in the various aspects that will make your experience with Red Box Games more efficient and better presented, as well as allow us to manage our working capital MUCH more efficiently.

We currently reinvest a disproportionate amount of our profits into maintaining reasonable stock levels across the entire breadth of the red box games line. This is a HUGE investment that grows every time we add new products to the line. It also means we have to rely on kickstarters much more because we simply cannot afford to just put new items in to the store without knowing that the funds are already there to pay for the production and stocking of said items.

Once set up for casting we will be able to keep the funds of the business' success where it belongs, in the future of the business. It also has the added advantage of allowing us to afford lower prices across the board and able to take chances on items which are too risky to produce through out sourcing such as larger monsters and cavalry and Rank and File sets appropriately priced for army building. 

To insure that the high level of quality you have come to expect from Red Box Games is faithfully maintained, I will be training in casting with a VERY talented and experienced mold maker and caster. I wont be handling the entire burden of casting right away so there is no need to worry that this development will slow down delivery of the Kickstarter or the regular course of business for RBG.

My molds will continue to be made by one of the industry's best studios as well so there is no need to worry that the burden will overwhelm me or that the overall quality of the Red Box Games product will suffer.

I cannot do any of this without your help so please consider backing this kickstarter! You will get some really cool stuff for a GREAT price in a reasonable amount of time and I will FINALLY be able to set up for my own production and make some real progress in this industry!

AAAaaannndddd without further Adieu...... ON TO THE MINIATURES!!!

We intend to fund as many figures as this kickstarter will allow and at the outset of the campaign we have 19 figures ready to go with a few slight details needing to be added before they are ready for production and I still have several more underway which will be shown as they are completed and added to the campaign as the funding allows. 

b01c960e756556d7c20b5c7b401dd819_origina

• Like 6

I'm in. Love Tre's sculpts. Unfortunately, I don't play any games that could use these figures so I'm only getting the lady. She'll look lovely painted up. Still waiting on my minis from his last KS, but they should ship out any day now.

• Like 1

They're going to use some of the money to get Spincasting equipment. 

That means they can keep a smaller inventory, and do 'just in time' production. 

Gotta help them with that, so I pledged for the 'council'...

I just hope I don't end up with 10 of the same lady... 

Edited by Gadgetman!

I love RBG, too, but these figures just look like the rest he has been putting out lately. It almost appears like if he has hit some sort of artist's block and can't move out of his comfort zone.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Grefven said:

I love RBG, too, but these figures just look like the rest he has been putting out lately. It almost appears like if he has hit some sort of artist's block and can't move out of his comfort zone.

I know what you mean. That's why I'm only down for a single mini this time around. Many gamers only need so many winter themed human male figures. I'd love to see more variety next time around. I'm a big fan of his females, as well as his villains like The Keeper and Yrsa the Accursed. A project with a mix of races in dynamic poses with good and bad guys would hit me pretty hard. Throw money at the screen hard.

I love his stuff too but the scale is just off enough that it's on the backburner. Fantastic detail, great sculpts, bad scale for me. Hopefully, we'll see some more Reaper sculpts soon to get my 'heroic' goodness in.

I can't remember which one I was planning to get...

Just put my order in. I only went in for 2 female figures and a T-shirt. I was looking to get more from his back catalog, but there aren't nearly as many figures in the shop as I remember. In fact, a lot of the miniatures that I have from his earlier kickstarters aren't in the store. :huh:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this