ced1106

Confrontation: Classic

<<<MOD Edit>>>

Link to the kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/996665814/confrontation-classic-the-legendary-skirmish-game/description

Some info on the Dakka forums, including "backward compatibility" ::): and "skirmish, and only skirmish" : https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/150/717182.page

Anyone have any info about the company? How able do you think they can pull off a KS? They've at least been in business for a long time?

28161879_1978084468885903_36583338727131

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It seems it's French publisher Sans-Detour that's running the show, and yeah...  

Their website is only in French. 

I've dealt with French companies before, and no, not going to bother. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice to see this come back.  I used to follow the line back in the Rackham days, but I have to admit I lost track after it switched to prepainted plastic.  I have no idea about the current company.

• Like 1

Very mixed feelings about this. Some Confrontation models were wonderful (Ninja Goblins!) and I'd buy new ones in a flash, but I can't see them being able to sort out the IP issues in order to produce a set of rules.

• Like 1

178 minis to start, before stretch goals or possible expansions. I am definitely interested. 

Especially in new Wulfen or other beasties. 

• Like 2

If they go the resin route, and with the possibility to pick and chose characters, I'd be interested, too. I am a long-time Confrontation fan-boi. :)

Didn't Cyanide Studios and Legacy Miniatures get hold of the IP after Rackham went bust, and weren't they to relaunch the game in 2014?

There's no news on Cyanide's pages about any transfer or leasing of IP that I can see?

With 178 minis in the set, I would assume that they're not about to let everyone pick and choose just the handful they want. I expect there to be core sets(with books) and expansions and whatever, to make production and fulfillment less of a nightmare.

As for sending Cadwallon a C&D, that's a rather .... move. 

• Like 4

This could hurt A LOT.  But on the plus side I have all the Wolfen, Drune, Daikinee (except the 2 mail order ones) and Griffin models already.  So really, I'm not interested in that much more.  Only Dirz, Cynwall, Orcs, and Devourers.  Oh, and Mid-Nor, Sessairs, Lions, and Acheron.  And Ophidians.....  :-)  Oh, if they flesh out that other elf faction I'll be in really deep then.

Edited by Dan d'Lyon
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Only interested if these were metal.

On the other hand, you can pick up just about all of the old Confrontation figures in metal for practically nothing over at ebay.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Grefven said:

On the other hand, you can pick up just about all of the old Confrontation figures in metal for practically nothing over at ebay.

You and I must be looking at some very different ebay results. I saw a few of them for $150 +

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

As for sending Cadwallon a C&D, that's a rather .... move. 

Maybe I missed something, but weren't they selling recasts of miniature they didn't have the rights to? Why wouldn't they get a C&D?

• Like 3