Darsc Zacal

Darkswords Masterworks G.R.R.Martin

If so, I hope they're dragon style dragons, instead of the wyverns of the show. Could go either way, since DS's previous GRRM stuff predates the show. 

• Like 2

Perhaps a new set of 'core characters' based off the show? Having a Radghast the Brown didn't stop GW from making a new version when the Hobby movies came out.

On 2/20/2018 at 6:14 PM, Cyradis said:

If so, I hope they're dragon style dragons, instead of the wyverns of the show. Could go either way, since DS's previous GRRM stuff predates the show. 

GRRM signs off on all the sculpts, so the style of dragon will be what he envisioned.  Whether or not that matches the HBO version...

Aside from creatures (I don't remember any children of the forest or giants in the line either), another possible opening for new sculpts is for characters that lived long enough to have changed appearance.  Some people lost body parts, but some children simply grew up.

• Like 3

On 2/20/2018 at 7:14 PM, Cyradis said:

I am pretty certain that GRRM sees dragons AS the ones on the HBO show.  So no front legs and "wyvern" like.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Brage97 said:

We need giants and dragons and walkers and their bosses!

This so made me think of a dragon in an AT-ST from star wars... Not quite certain why brain went there.. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Also, this is not going to be a Kick Starter.  So not sure the discussion belongs here?

8 minutes ago, Harrek said:

Also, this is not going to be a Kick Starter.  So not sure the discussion belongs here?

Huh. You are indeed correct. From their facebook: "We will be releasing this new batch of GRRM Masterworks releases via the site instead of via Kickstarter. It will be a large bundle of miniatures at an incredible deal." 

2 hours ago, Harrek said:

Interesting.  I guess they changed their mind?  It makes sense, they'll probably get just as many people, and they don't have to pay Kickstarter it's cut.  I wonder how many other companies are likely to follow suit?  

43 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

Interesting.  I guess they changed their mind?  It makes sense, they'll probably get just as many people, and they don't have to pay Kickstarter it's cut.  I wonder how many other companies are likely to follow suit?  

Northstar games already does the same thing with their "Nick-starters" for Frostgrave.  Seems to work for them.

Curious. That was definitely a Kickstarter logo on the photo in the OP.

... Also, does it say anywhere that these are Tom Meier figures? The detail on the example looks like his level of detail, but its style is not very obviously his, to my semitrained eye.

Looking at their Facebook page it appears that for whatever reason, Darksword has changed their mind about using kickstarter for this release.

Thread closed.

• Like 1