Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Hey all,

 

I'm looking for advice on gluing the spar that holds the Kraken up. I tried super glue, but when I actually put the Kraken on it, it came loose. More super glue? Hot glue? What has worked for others?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could use a tiny dot of green stuff and then some superglue.

Most of the times this works for me.

You might need to support or hold on to it for at least half a minute or so..

 

Also scrape off paint where you want to glue.

Paint comes off when glued, you need the Bonesium to bond.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Superglue should actually be enough on its own for those parts as long as there is enough contact area.

Note that superglue works upon contact and if there is not enough contact area it will be significantly less bonding. I suspect this is the reason it came loose on you.

 

The greenstuff works as a gasket or gap filler and provides surface area, which is the reason it works. Other types of putty can also work. 

 

A two part epoxy glue will do the trick if the gs/superglue does not work for you.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could try pinning it as well. Bones are easy to pin. That plus superglue will make for a very strong bond. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By BananeDC
      Here is my version of Bones Kraken !
       

       

       

       

       

       
    • By Darius Glenwell
      Entering this guy into a local Con's painting competition in the Open Category. 



    • By Sharkbelly
      Here is the first shot of my latest project, the Kraken.
       
      I sprayed the ship black, and then highlighted with successively lighter shades of brown/ochre/beige. i actually did a fair amount of blending on the pallet for this one.

    • By valkyriesinger
      Hello! I've recently started working on a diorama, and a friend of mine urged me to post here. The only thing that is missing from the pictures below is the kelp that will be behind the kraken (on the little pads on the back side of the base). It is some floppy aquarium kelp that I"m currently trying to figure out how to get it to stand up straight. Tips, tricks, C&C are all welcomed.
       
      Here is the pre-primed coral wall in varying states of sand coverage. The coral is planned to be very brightly colored.



       
      Primed base:


      You can see the kelp pads in the pic above.

       
      Base with Kraken for staging verification:


       
      Here is the almost finished diver, who goes in the slot in front of the Kraken. This drab, dirty human looking down at his feet while the kraken looms above is one of my favorite parts, tbh.

       
      Cheers!
      Valk
    • By Pingo
      Forumites may remember I painted this more than a year ago.
       
      Which I did, and then I, errr forgot to take finished pictures and post them.  Sorry.  I'm fixing that.
       
      This is Reaper's Bones kraken, #77291, which I believe was once offered in a resin-metal combo but is now sold in the much lighter and less fragile (and less expensive) Bonesium.
       
      When I put one together for a friend, I noted that the front end would make a pretty good carnivorous plant, especially when tucked into a lotus flower-shaped candleholder we have.  It also seemed a pretty good evocation of the Sarlacc in "The Return of the Jedi".
       
      So when I put my own together, I left the body and the front end separate, both for ease of storage and for versatility of use.  (I never did figure out how to put the tentacles on, though.  I tried to follow the store image in both the ones I put together and they still both came out different.)
       
      I also love this model because it comes with a wonderfully elaborate base, the prow of a wrecked ship.  We have been using that as scenery.
       
      Some of the creature has been painted with interference paint, which is either near-transparent or luminously glowing iridescent color depending on the angle of light and viewing.  I've tried to include pictures to show the change.
       
      First are photos with a white background, to show the model clearly (I went a little overboard with underwater effects later).  A few have Dark Sword Miniatures' mermaid warrior, DSM 1197, to show the scale of the model.  This creature is BIG.
       
       

       

       

       

       

       
      Dark Sword Miniatures' mermaid warrior, DSM 1197, included to show the scale of the model.
       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       
      Very, very old WIP thread here.
  • Who's Online   14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)

×