Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Hello! I've recently started working on a diorama, and a friend of mine urged me to post here. The only thing that is missing from the pictures below is the kelp that will be behind the kraken (on the little pads on the back side of the base). It is some floppy aquarium kelp that I"m currently trying to figure out how to get it to stand up straight. Tips, tricks, C&C are all welcomed.
Here is the pre-primed coral wall in varying states of sand coverage. The coral is planned to be very brightly colored.
You can see the kelp pads in the pic above.
Base with Kraken for staging verification:
Here is the almost finished diver, who goes in the slot in front of the Kraken. This drab, dirty human looking down at his feet while the kraken looms above is one of my favorite parts, tbh.
Forumites may remember I painted this more than a year ago.
Which I did, and then I, errr forgot to take finished pictures and post them. Sorry. I'm fixing that.
This is Reaper's Bones kraken, #77291, which I believe was once offered in a resin-metal combo but is now sold in the much lighter and less fragile (and less expensive) Bonesium.
When I put one together for a friend, I noted that the front end would make a pretty good carnivorous plant, especially when tucked into a lotus flower-shaped candleholder we have. It also seemed a pretty good evocation of the Sarlacc in "The Return of the Jedi".
So when I put my own together, I left the body and the front end separate, both for ease of storage and for versatility of use. (I never did figure out how to put the tentacles on, though. I tried to follow the store image in both the ones I put together and they still both came out different.)
I also love this model because it comes with a wonderfully elaborate base, the prow of a wrecked ship. We have been using that as scenery.
Some of the creature has been painted with interference paint, which is either near-transparent or luminously glowing iridescent color depending on the angle of light and viewing. I've tried to include pictures to show the change.
First are photos with a white background, to show the model clearly (I went a little overboard with underwater effects later). A few have Dark Sword Miniatures' mermaid warrior, DSM 1197, to show the scale of the model. This creature is BIG.
Dark Sword Miniatures' mermaid warrior, DSM 1197, included to show the scale of the model.
Very, very old WIP thread here.
Hey all - I haven't been painting as much the last few weeks since school is back in session, and that means I've suddenly gotten very busy. But I did manage to put aside all the usual hassles a couple nights ago and paint up a few Rach fighters!
The paint scheme is the same as my usual Rach force: the Khaki triad mainly, purple accents, and then a blood red cockpit. The big difference between my fighters and others you might see on any other CAV table is that mine are well above the ground. I wanted to give my fliers the bird's-eye view they deserve, so I mounted them on heavy washers and used brass rod to elevate them. I think these are in the 6" ballpark, but I would have to double-check.
Also, I still need to flock the bases and tidy these up, but I think this is close enough for now.
Who's Online 37 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Geoff Davis
- Sophie was taken
- Darius Glenwell
- Melbourne Mew Mew
- Lars Porsenna
- Jordan Peacock
- Chris Palmer
- Green Eyed Monster